There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Originally posted by 190836:
Can you guys see Marc Trestman coming back?

I would LOVE for Marc Trestman to come back. He was scapegoated unfairly in 1995/96 and has an absolutely brilliant offensive mind. All he's done is excel wherever he's been at, he's like the anti-Jiimmy Raye.

1989 Browns-14th in offense/20th year before
1995-49ers-1st in offense/1st year before
1996-49ers-3rd in offense
1998-Cardinals-15th in offense/25th the year before
2002 Raiders-2nd in offense/4th the year before

As a quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, guys like Scott Mitchell, Rich Gannon, Jake Plummer and Bernie Kosar had career years with him there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm positive that nobody is beating down Callahan's door to make him a head coach. He was booted out of Oakland and chased away by an angry mob with pitchforks and torches out of Nebraska.

he as a poor track record as a HC but he has been very successful as an OC prior to those two stints in oakland and nebraska. the guy has a wealth of offensive knowledge and experience.
Originally posted by PickNo24toGB:
he as a poor track record as a HC but he has been very successful as an OC prior to those two stints in oakland and nebraska. the guy has a wealth of offensive knowledge and experience.

He actually had a great year when the Raiders went to the Superbowl and then the following year everything just went nucking futs for some reason.
This is making me mad, why are Childress, Olson and Koetter even options up there, what the hell OP?????
id rather just go internal cryst is best option
Doesnt really matter. Harbaugh will always over see the offense.
does trestman run a wco?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
does trestman run a wco?

You don't remember 1995/96 do ya?

Yes, he runs a modified WCO, not pure, but close enough. He was actually Jim Zorn's QB coach back in the day. He was either QB coach or OC with Oakland during Rich Gannon's super-successful seasons.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 190836:
Can you guys see Marc Trestman coming back?

awwww hell no. his play calling sucked.

His play calling was just fine. Not his fault we had two TERRIBLE running backs. When Harbaugh got hired I brought his name up but seemed he wouldn't leave his HC job for a OC job.

Originally posted by boast:
awwww hell no. his play calling sucked.

No it didn't. Look at the guys record, quarterbacks have had career years with him calling the plays, Scott Mitchell in Detroit, Rich Gannon in Oakland, The 1995 49ers were still first in offense with NO running game to speak of.

stats do not tell the whole Trestman story. as a situational playcaller, he sucked balls.
If we don't promote from within, I would think that Stanfords current OC, would be a good choice.
Harbaugh has a plan
Realistically I can see Norv Turner ending up with the Bears after they s**t-can Martz. The offense is tailor-made for his playcalling.

Wasn't Norv's brother the OC there before Martz? And don't the Turner bros run the same offense?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
does trestman run a wco?

You don't remember 1995/96 do ya?

Yes, he runs a modified WCO, not pure, but close enough. He was actually Jim Zorn's QB coach back in the day. He was either QB coach or OC with Oakland during Rich Gannon's super-successful seasons.
nope was too young to realize
Jim Caldwell
David Shaw is the HC at Stanford