LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Playoff matchups that scare me

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are the most complete team in the NFL. If we play our game, nobody scares me. IF??????
It's a good thing you don't play for the team.
f that. i want the niners to go up against the best and beat them. bring on the saints, lions, packers
The only thing that scares me about the playoffs is how good our Defense is.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Dec 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM ]
im calling a falcons upset against the saints. 3rd time they would have played them, they know them up and down and will want to beat them badly after the embarrassment that got handed to them last monday when it matters most and thats the playoffs. they have the offense to hang with them if the oline can block for ryan and turner can keep brees off the field, its their defense that has to make some stops and theyve done it before in their 1st meeting in atl. if theres 1 team that knows how crazy the super dome is and prepare for it its their top division rivals the falcons, who at 1 point last monday were leading 14-10 until the wheels fell off.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
im calling a falcons upset against the saints. 3rd time they would have played them, they know them up and down and will want to beat them badly after the embarrassment that got handed to them last monday when it matters most and thats the playoffs. they have the offense to hang with them if the oline can block for ryan and turner can keep brees off the field, its their defense that has to make some stops and theyve done it before in their 1st meeting in atl. if theres 1 team that knows how crazy the super dome is and prepare for it its their top division rivals the falcons, who at 1 point last monday were leading 14-10 until the wheels fell off.

That would be awesome. Then they will have shot their wad and when they come out here they get murdered. I can dig it.
Sissy ass fans
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I want the Saints in SF soooo bad. We will f**k them up.

Overall though I want the best, Gimme Green Bay and gimme New Orleans. Fuggit I don't care. I feel confident in our squad in both those games. If our O finally stops leaving plays on the field we'll beat both those teams. Imagine our D once they get some playoff intensity! God forbid they get a 14 point lead to play with.. you might see my O face

This is awesome, I haven't felt this way about a Niners team ever.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

That would be awesome. Then they will have shot their wad and when they come out here they get murdered. I can dig it.

Originally posted by Antix:
I want the Saints in SF soooo bad. We will f**k them up.

Overall though I want the best, Gimme Green Bay and gimme New Orleans. Fuggit I don't care. I feel confident in our squad in both those games. If our O finally stops leaving plays on the field we'll beat both those teams. Imagine our D once they get some playoff intensity! God forbid they get a 14 point lead to play with.. you might see my O face

This is awesome, I haven't felt this way about a Niners team ever.

its the offense that bugs the hell out of me, if we can just f**king score damn td's when we get in the rz with our defense no homerism this team can reach the sb. its the inconsistencies of this offense that kill us, we never seem to know what oline will show up, they have a stretch where they play great then a stretch where they couldnt block a dline of grandmas. our wrs other than crabtree and maybe williams are the only wrs that seem to get open but not consistently enough, our 3rd down conversion rate is trash and vd is frustrating to watch at times. also can we trust alex to continue playing like he has all season in a huge stage? i swear im gonna lose it if i see any play not to lose offense in the playoffs where we run a damn draw on a 3rd and 5 in the rz and happily kick a fg
  • Antix
  • Veteran
its the offense that bugs the hell out of me, if we can just f**king score damn td's when we get in the rz with our defense no homerism this team can reach the sb. its the inconsistencies of this offense that kill us, we never seem to know what oline will show up, they have a stretch where they play great then a stretch where they couldnt block a dline of grandmas. our wrs other than crabtree and maybe williams are the only wrs that seem to get open but not consistently enough, our 3rd down conversion rate is trash and vd is frustrating to watch at times. also can we trust alex to continue playing like he has all season in a huge stage? i swear im gonna lose it if i see any play not to lose offense in the playoffs where we run a damn draw on a 3rd and 5 in the rz and happily kick a fg

Im hoping our O catches fire in the playoffs. All it takes is one play or one drive in the playoffs for a team to spark ESPECIALLY a young team like ours. We're so close. We've left a lot of big plays on the field. We just need that last inch.

Who scares me in the playoffs? NOoooooooooboooooodyyyyy. We are the type of team that drags other teams into playing our style of football. This gives us a chance against anybody. With our experience in closing out close games this year, if I were every other team in the NFC, I would be worried about playing us. We somehow find a way to win the close ones and that's what you need in the playoffs.
Cowboys. Giants. Packers. Just because of past playoffs history with these teams.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Dec 30, 2011 at 5:18 PM ]

i could be wrong but i think if the falcons beat the bucs on sunday, they get the 5th seed, they won in det this year so a tied record would give them the tie break. in order for atl to visit saints in the playoffs they need to lose to the bucs have the lions beat the pack and obviously have the niners beat the rams to secure the 2nd seed, i dont see all three of those happening, especially falcons losing to the bucs
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
None of them scare me. There isnt an easy game among them. If the Niners are prepared they can win against anybody, anywhere. The teams I would like to see are the Lions, Cowboys, Saints, then the Packers. I like to play against the Lions cause there coach is a punk, I would like to play against the Cowboys because they beat us this year, I would like to play the Saints for two reasons one is they are a damned good football team and what they did in preseason against us, and of course the Packers because they are the Champs. In the Super Bowl my first choice is the Ravens - Harbaugh against Harbaugh, then the Patriots cause I like beating Brady, and then the Steelers cause they have Big Ben. Winning the Super Bowl is not going to be an easy task so you cant go into these games being scared.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I'm neva scared. Bring it on b***hez

Yeah! Niners4lyfe!!! Me too!! i don't scare about it.. I said Bring it on and come here! 49ers can against the championship if they can beat the tough games when they will get strongest for sure! Hope you understand and figure out! Let's Go 49ers Go!
At the beginning of the year, would you have cared about who we would face in the playoffs or just happy to be there? This team has the defense and special teams to keep any game close. Bring on all comers...............this team is ready.
Share 49ersWebzone