LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Playoff matchups that scare me

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The only thing that makes me nervous is a bad weather game in Lambeau field.
All playoff match-ups scare me. We squeaked by the Giants and Lions and lost to the Cowboys. We've lost our last meeting with Falcons, Saints, and Packers. The offense and defense are better now than they were earlier in the season and certainly better than they were last season, but every playoff game will be the toughest game this team has played in recent years.
I'm worried about all of them. As wack as the Niners offense plays all it takes is 2 touchdowns to beat them. Giants, Cowboys, Detroit and Atlanta all have good offenses that could easily put up 14 and dare the Niners to do something in the red zone besides kicking field goals. Plus the niners roster has 0 to little play off experience. Any game vs any opponent will be a tough game.
None of them scare me. There isnt an easy game among them. If the Niners are prepared they can win against anybody, anywhere. The teams I would like to see are the Lions, Cowboys, Saints, then the Packers. I like to play against the Lions cause there coach is a punk, I would like to play against the Cowboys because they beat us this year, I would like to play the Saints for two reasons one is they are a damned good football team and what they did in preseason against us, and of course the Packers because they are the Champs. In the Super Bowl my first choice is the Ravens - Harbaugh against Harbaugh, then the Patriots cause I like beating Brady, and then the Steelers cause they have Big Ben. Winning the Super Bowl is not going to be an easy task so you cant go into these games being scared.
1. New Orleans is not scary outdoors. They are built to play in a dome. They are 3-2 outdoors. They beat a pathetic Jacksonville team on the road, they beat the Panthers by three, and they beat the titans on the last play against Jake Locker. They even lost to Tampa Bay outdoors. They will play11 games in a dome this season. Saints outdoors do not scare me.

2. Bad weather in Green Bay does not scare me. Bad weather favors defense. It is The packers offense in Green Bay that scares me.

3. If the 49ers get that bye, I would not be scared of any team in the divisional round at home.
I'm neva scared. Bring it on b***hez
Originally posted by oldman9er:
New Orleans and GB are the only teams that really concern me. I think we have a better shot at GB, to be honest.

Not saying we couldn't make a game of either or saying we couldn't win. I just don't like the matchups from our D on their O.

Green bay you say Aaron rodgers he gets back up and doesnt flinch.. Drew brees you get him worried etc he starts acting skittish.. Both of there defenses are crap. or at least playing like it, but Green bays defense is catching fire.. Clay Matthews sticks with VD Charles woodson sticks on Crabs, Green bay would be tougher.. if our defense isnt intimidated against Drew Brees our offense should do fine against the New orleans D.
No team scares me!! We have the #1 defense in the league, all the other teams should be scared of us!!
playoff matches that scare me, none, if any did i wouldnt watch the game
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
"Scared", here we go again.

Your San Francisco 49ers can beat any team anywhere. Haven't we learned this by now?

Originally posted by BobS:

I disagree. I think bad weather at Lambeau would fit perfectly into the ball control, field position, defense game the Niners are built to win. Its the mild weather, little wind games that could really expose the defense against a team like the Packers or Saints. Bring on the icebowl!
actually to be honest the only match up that scares me is NO inside their dome, thats why our last couple of wins have been huge
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:

Bad weather at Lambeau? Advantage Forty Niners.
Originally posted by baltien:
1) We already beat Detroit before when they were "hot", in their house no less. It stands to reason that we can do it again at home.

2) New Orleans is a very good team but I think our defense is good enough to hang with anybody. We're #1 in the NFL for a reason.

especially if it's in OUR Home! Not that blasted dome!~ Gotta win Sunday!
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm worried about all of them. As wack as the Niners offense plays all it takes is 2 touchdowns to beat them. Giants, Cowboys, Detroit and Atlanta all have good offenses that could easily put up 14 and dare the Niners to do something in the red zone besides kicking field goals. Plus the niners roster has 0 to little play off experience. Any game vs any opponent will be a tough game.

Our Center has a ring
Share 49ersWebzone