LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Rewording Original Post about WR'ing Corp....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I made a post stating I thought we could use T.O. and it was moved to Free Agency but the question I was really asking which may have gotten lost in the post was, do you really feel comfortable with Crabtree, Ginn, Williams, Swain and Hastings as our WR corp going into the playoffs?? That could quite possibly be the worse WR corps to ever play in the playoffs. Ok I'm joking with that but here's my point. With Braylon Edwards in the game the defense had to AT LEAST respect him. I don't see Swain or Hastings getting that respect which means if I was the Saints or Packers I would put my #1 CB on Vernon Davis, my #2 on Crabtree b/c I'll just roll coverage to his side and double team him all game. I think we REALLY need a big deep threat. Yes Ginn is a deep threat but we need someone with some size oh and someone who can catch the ball (I still haven't forgave him for that drop against Baltimore, either of them). I think our BIGGEST lose of the year if he's not ready by the playoffs is Delanie Walker. The mismatches he creates keeps the defense honest, he does more things not seen for the 49ers then almost anyone on the team. If he's not ready we're going to have to lean even heavier on the run and that scares me. (btw does anyone else think Kendall Hunter is going to be a top 5-8 back in this league for the next 8-10 yrs??) I just REALLY believe we need to bring in someone the other team feels they need to respect and in my opinion that would be T.O. IF he's healthy enough to contribute... What is everyone elses thoughts?? Are you satisfied with Crabtree, Ginn (hopefully), Williams (should be), Swain and Hastings along w/ Vernon Davis and Justin Pelle?? GO NINERS!!!
Hastings and Swain will need to produce. There is a flip side to all this, if they don't respect these two, then they will play loose and cheat, hopefully they are good enough to make the opponents pay. Every year there is always someone who surprises. Maybe they just need a chance because the others were bigger names.

As for T.O., he is a shell of his former self, everyone that vouches for T.O. on this board doesn't know his current ability, they are basing it on old repuatation, using the video of his workout, many have said that he has lost it. Otherwise somebody would have signed him. Look at his latest stops at Cinci and Buffalo. Also, you expect him to be able to digest the playbook in one sitting? Goodluck, not a chance. Then there is the chemistry factor with Smith, you think that is going to develope overnight? If he hated Garcia, what do you thing he will feel with Alex. Even if you remove spots on a leopard it is still a leopard. Plus for those who complain about drops, TO is notorious for drops, even as a veteran of many years.

Besides, if the niners get a bye, I expect Williams will be back. I expect Reuland to fill in for Walker, he was but on pracitce squad because Walker and VD were the receiving tightends, Reuland has good hands. Peele got the nod because he can block. This unknown factor might be a boon for the niners as there is no tape on them (the new additions.) for others to figure. They will just have to make them pay. Alex is going to have to take a chance and trust them and give them a chance.
I remember my first post.
I definately agree with you that they will have to step up and produce... I would love for Swain to be the 2010 playoff version of Jordy Nelson!! I also agree with you that T.O. is a shell of his former self, i'm not saying he is going to come in and without a doubt we're Super Bowl bound. I just think with him out there even with losing a step last year his numbers in the first half of the year (while he was fresh) were outstanding for what was expected of him. I think he comes in fresh and will at the very least make the opposition stand up and take account for him. As for the problems he caused, there is no doubt. I truely believe he was the reason the 49ers blew up and went into hibernation for the past 8 years. I would NOT want him back next year. I'm only talking about right now and only b/c of the circumstances we're in. No Morgan, cutting Edwards, Walker status up in the air. If not for these situations I would never even mention him. I just feel bringing him in, talking to him and trying him out couldn't hurt if only for the decoy factor. We only need him for 3 games. You have to believe he at least has that left in the tank. Right?? LOL We need M.C. Hammer on this... anyone know where he's at??
Originally posted by redrathman:

I love people like you who take the time to post Smart A$$ comments just to try and be funny, just b/c you think it's outrageous doesn't mean everyone else does. And like the gentleman that posted before you he disagreed and explained like an adult. That's how forums work... go back to getting ready for school.
We're not getting Owens. They would have signed him already.
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
Originally posted by redrathman:

I love people like you who take the time to post Smart A$$ comments just to try and be funny, just b/c you think it's outrageous doesn't mean everyone else does. And like the gentleman that posted before you he disagreed and explained like an adult. That's how forums work... go back to getting ready for school.

Do not attack the poster.
Originally posted by English:

I didn't attack him, I responded to his smart a comment with a smart a comment of my own that's all.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
We're not getting Owens. They would have signed him already.

I agree we're not going to sign him, if we were we should have done it before the final game. I was more or less asking about the receiving corp, I was just stating I thought T.O. would be the best option. This isn't a T.O. thread, I am NO T.O. fan by any means. I am however a Die Hard Niner fan and would love to see them do whatever it takes to get #6!!

I didn't attack him, I responded to his smart a comment with a smart a comment of my own that's all.

No you didnt. His comment was about the post. Yours was a personal attack on him.

No you didnt. His comment was about the post. Yours was a personal attack on him.

His post was about the WR corp? or TO? or the 49ers? or his post was a put down to me to b/c he didn't agree with what I was sayin?? Let's be fair here....
His post was about the WR corp? or TO? or the 49ers? or his post was a put down to me to b/c he didn't agree with what I was sayin?? Let's be fair here....
See my previous. End discussion.
Exactly.... Thank you!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I feel very comfortable with Crabs and Williams in there. How often do we run more than a 2 wr set anyway? Probably more now that Walker is out.
Exactly.... Thank you!!

still do not think you got it. He attacked your post...not the content. You attacked him.
Share 49ersWebzone