LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Eight Niners named to Pro Bowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
The only thing that pisses me off about all this is that Von Miller made it. He's deserving, but the fact that he made the Pro Bowl and Aldon did not will be used in any argument about DROY. That blows considering that the only reason Aldon didn't make it was that he wasn't an option in fan voting.

different conferences though, you could argue if aldon was in the AFC he'd make it as well. jared allen and babin have tons of sacks
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Im sorry but Staley going is a joke. I'll admit he's played better the second half of the season, but the first half of the season we might as well have had a swinging gate at LT.

Well Jason Peters is the Tackle that made it. I guess the NFC is weak on Tackles at the moment.
Lombardi also questions how Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman are not on the list. Of course a case could easily be made for London Fletcher over both ILB on the nfc squad.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Nice! Surprised that Bowman and Aldon aren't there!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Im sorry but Staley going is a joke. I'll admit he's played better the second half of the season, but the first half of the season we might as well have had a swinging gate at LT.

Well Jason Peters is the Tackle that made it. I guess the NFC is weak on Tackles at the moment.

i guess so. I guess im coming off as a hater, but Staley is NOT a pro bowl caliber tackle imo. He was garbage the first half of the season. Hes been better as of late, but dude was good for a sack and 1-2 false starts a game.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Lombardi also questions how Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman are not on the list. Of course a case could easily be made for London Fletcher over both ILB on the nfc squad.

Yeah. London Fletcher has been snubbed way too many times over his career.
The only thing that pisses me off about all this is that Von Miller made it. He's deserving, but the fact that he made the Pro Bowl and Aldon did not will be used in any argument about DROY. That blows considering that the only reason Aldon didn't make it was that he wasn't an option in fan voting.

Totally. Aldon has long term success ability. He's proven it in college by playing with above average success on a broken leg. Von Miller can be figured out much easier than Aldon. Von Miller has already shown how an injury can vastly reduce his affectiveness.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

different conferences though, you could argue if aldon was in the AFC he'd make it as well. jared allen and babin have tons of sacks

Well the fact that Aldon wasn't even ON the fan ballot is a good argument, but the talkign heads wil ask "How could Aldon be DROY over Von Miller if Miller made the Pro Bowl and Aldon didn't". Thats about as deep as their analysis will go.
It's absolutely surreal, considering where we thought this team was five month ago, to be on the cusp of 13-3 and be tied with the Patriots with the most Pro Bowlers.
we got the most in the NFC and only the Pats equal us in the league. Well done boys, well f'n done!

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It's absolutely surreal, considering where we thought this team was five month ago, to be on the cusp of 13-3 and be tied with the Patriots with the most Pro Bowlers.

Aldon Smith has 14 sacks with a game left and he didn't make the pro bowl... how the f**k did that happen?
Well the fact that Aldon wasn't even ON the fan ballot is a good argument, but the talkign heads wil ask "How could Aldon be DROY over Von Miller if Miller made the Pro Bowl and Aldon didn't". Thats about as deep as their analysis will go.

thats the first thing I thought.
I bet Aldon Smith still gets in.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I bet Aldon Smith still gets in.

that's what she said
Share 49ersWebzone