Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Enough with the cancer crap, its old. He hasn't been a "cancer" since his 49er and Iggle days. The problem that Owens has had the last 6 years or so have been the camera wont leave his sights, hes been under a micro scope since he left San Fran and Philly. Every great WR has complained to his QB for not getting him the ball just ask Irvin, Carter and Rice.
Forget the cancer thing, he's just an old WR with a bad knee.

im sure it's more than healed up by now?

We should at least bring him in & work him out - see if he is at 100%. I mean how many other options do we have?

not gonna happen

Why.
Originally posted by boast:
Reuland looked great catching balls in camp and preseason games

Peelle had a few this year as well. Still not on Walker's level even though we haven't used Walker as much for receiving lately. One thing to consider if we bring Reuland up I don't think we have a spot for another WR because Walker won't be put on IR if they think he can come back for the playoffs. Someone might have to go down.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Don't know much about Reuland but from the looks of it he is probably the same as Justin Peelle. Both are that 3rd blocking TE. Wish we had Byham who can block but I think would be a slightly better WR than those two which isn't saying much. Might be better off going out and getting a WR TE since Peelle and Reuland are blocking TE's. Maybe Walker can be back if we make the NFC Championship game.

The bad part is we are bruised and battered but the good news is we have 3 weeks to heal if we can get the bye. I say hold out anyone who is slightly injured. Play Alex most of the game or if it gets out of hand. Hopefully in 3 weeks we have everyone ready to go except maybe Walker and we should be able to find some replacements in that 3 week time period.

+1

Yeah, I was actually pretty impressed with Reuland in the preseason and was surprised that he got released. The only reason Peele took that spot is that he's a better blocker.

Watch out for Reuland. If he's the guy, he'll have an impact. He can't move like Delanie, but he's pretty athletic and has some good hands.
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
What planet do you hail from. That is the most ridiculous statement I've heard during my years on the 49er Board. In fact, it should be nominated for the dumbest post of all time. To put T.O. into the same category as Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin is just -- well -- wrong man. It's wrong on so many levels that I cannot even begin to point out just how wrong it is.

Rice and Irvin were important cogs in a machine. They were part of a team. They never, EVER, put themselves above the needs of the TEAM. Rice complaining about not getting enough touches cannot even begin to compare to the layer of crap that T.O. left in San Francisco.
Explain? Besides the celebrating? what has he done? and don't start with the cameras in front of his house again that was 10 years ago. And you must be 12 if you don't remember Irvin screaming at his coach and Aikman on the sidelines and isn't Owens one of the top 5 all time WR's? Rice did it too, Google it yourself, Rice often complained a lot, to the point that it was just cry baby ish, His feelings were hurt because Joe Montana got a Disneyland commercial when Rice was the one that won a superbowl MVP. You can say what you want about Owens but the dude came to play, always ready and always worked harder than anyone on his team (other than Rice of course) But dude the cancer thing is old, really, the media made him what he is always looking for something to write about it was pathetic always trying to find an orange in a apple tree, just like your doing right now, trying to stir something up. My point is most of the complaints after he left Philly have been look at what he said to Romo look at him getting mad at Romo on the sidelines, give me a break man all those greats I mentioned have had their temper fits, but none of them got the attention like Owens has. The reason for it is because where Owens started his career who he was playing behind, the cameras were on him from day one, the media asked for this and they got it.
Loving the aggressive approach of your FO and staff, Baalke is balls.

Peelle had a few this year as well. Still not on Walker's level even though we haven't used Walker as much for receiving lately. One thing to consider if we bring Reuland up I don't think we have a spot for another WR because Walker won't be put on IR if they think he can come back for the playoffs. Someone might have to go down.

Exactly. I don't think the Niners sign a WR. I think they released Edwards for the roster spot and that Reuland will fill it.

I've been wrong before tho...
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
What planet do you hail from. That is the most ridiculous statement I've heard during my years on the 49er Board. In fact, it should be nominated for the dumbest post of all time. To put T.O. into the same category as Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin is just -- well -- wrong man. It's wrong on so many levels that I cannot even begin to point out just how wrong it is.

Rice and Irvin were important cogs in a machine. They were part of a team. They never, EVER, put themselves above the needs of the TEAM. Rice complaining about not getting enough touches cannot even begin to compare to the layer of crap that T.O. left in San Francisco.
Explain? Besides the celebrating? what has he done? and don't start with the cameras in front of his house again that was 10 years ago. And you must be 12 if you don't remember Irvin screaming at his coach and Aikman on the sidelines and isn't Owens one of the top 5 all time WR's? Rice did it too, Google it yourself, Rice often complained a lot, to the point that it was just cry baby ish, His feelings were hurt because Joe Montana got a Disneyland commercial when Rice was the one that won a superbowl MVP. You can say what you want about Owens but the dude came to play, always ready and always worked harder than anyone on his team (other than Rice of course) But dude the cancer thing is old, really, the media made him what he is always looking for something to write about it was pathetic always trying to find an orange in a apple tree, just like your doing right now, trying to stir something up. My point is most of the complaints after he left Philly have been look at what he said to Romo look at him getting mad at Romo on the sidelines, give me a break man all those greats I mentioned have had their temper fits, but none of them got the attention like Owens has. The reason for it is because where Owens started his career who he was playing behind, the cameras were on him from day one, the media asked for this and they got it.

If you don't know the diff between Irvin/Rice yelling at their teammates and Owens, then I don't know what to tell you.

How many times was Irvin released because he didn't get along with his teammates? How many times was Rice released for that reason?

Owens wasn't released in SF (but he burned his bridges), but he was let go from Philly in the middel of the year, released in Dallas (the same team that kept Irvin when he was snorting Cocaine with Hookers), and freakin CINCINATTI didn't keep him.

Owens is the definition of a Cancer. To compare him to Irvin or Rice yelling at theur teammates tells me you simply don't understand.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Exactly. I don't think the Niners sign a WR. I think they released Edwards for the roster spot and that Reuland will fill it.

Some of you mentioned Chambers, TO, Moss and Finnernan. Out of that group to me if we would bring any 1 WR in Finnernan would seem like the best fit even though I would rather give Swain the shot. 1 Swain beat out Chambers, Housh and others.... Chambers is done.... 2 Moss and TO would like the fact that they are going to a good team with possibly a shot at a ring but they would hate our passing game. 180 yards a game and we don't really use more than 2 WRs. 3. We won games with Crabtree and Ginn and now Crabtree and Williams starting for most of the season and Ginn/Williams should be good to go in round 2 if we get the bye.

I agree Marvin and think we go in with Crabtree, Williams, Ginn and Swain. Reuland has the best shot at coming up and filling Edwards roster spot.

Edit: Might be best to put Swain against the Rams as #2 to see what he has. If he can't get it done against their 12th corner (about 10 on IR) maybe look somewhere else for the playoffs.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Some of you mentioned Chambers, TO, Moss and Finnernan. Out of that group to me if we would bring any 1 WR in Finnernan would seem like the best fit even though I would rather give Swain the shot. 1 Swain beat out Chambers, Housh and others.... Chambers is done.... 2 Moss and TO would like the fact that they are going to a good team with possibly a shot at a ring but they would hate our passing game. 180 yards a game and we don't really use more than 2 WRs. 3. We won games with Crabtree and Ginn and now Crabtree and Williams starting for most of the season and Ginn/Williams should be good to go in round 2 if we get the bye.

I agree Marvin and think we go in with Crabtree, Williams, Ginn and Swain. Reuland has the best shot at coming up and filling Edwards roster spot.

We don't know their status's or have any clue as to when they'll return....They are jsut names for right now
alright, i wanted T.O bu if this TE is a big TE that can catch the ball high, ill take him.
Don't know much about Reuland but from the looks of it he is probably the same as Justin Peelle. Both are that 3rd blocking TE. Wish we had Byham who can block but I think would be a slightly better WR than those two which isn't saying much. Might be better off going out and getting a WR TE since Peelle and Reuland are blocking TE's. Maybe Walker can be back if we make the NFC Championship game.

The bad part is we are bruised and battered but the good news is we have 3 weeks to heal if we can get the bye. I say hold out anyone who is slightly injured. Play Alex most of the game or if it gets out of hand. Hopefully in 3 weeks we have everyone ready to go except maybe Walker and we should be able to find some replacements in that 3 week time period.
Reuland, at 6'6", might be immediately useful in the redzone.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
alright, i wanted T.O bu if this TE is a big TE that can catch the ball high, ill take him.

Its funny that you say that.

Who would have thought I'd say thi before the year, but Reuland could be a better red-zone threat than Edwards was.

Granted, that probably isn't saying mutch.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Ditto
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

in the red zone, line him up in slot and have him run the quick slant. TD!
My brother who's a Browns fan (sad, but there's one in every family), told me the Niners would never get anything more out of Braylon Edwards than the Browns did, and it looks like he was absolutely right.

All Edwards did was hold back the growth of Kyle Williams who was ten times the playmaker Edwards thought he was. He won't be missed.

Dude couldn't stick with the Browns or Jets, so is it any surprise he did zip for the 49ers too? Good thing he was a cheap hire.

Bye-bye, Braylon. You're just a gun for hire and I'd be surprised if you ever become the star you seem to think you are.
[ Edited by Ohio49er on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:15 PM ]