LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
@ all the people asking for TO.

Not gonna happen people, that ship sailed a long time ago.
Good thing none of us ordered a Braylon jersey lol!!

Kick rocks Edwards!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The only reason you'd do this at this point is because he'd become a problem in the locker room, even with his injuries. It's sad when someone who's so talented can't get their s**t together.

Nope.

Roster Spot.

If Delanie Walker isn't injured, Braylon Edwards is still a Niner. iners needed to Roster spot so they didn't have to put Walker on IR and could sign another TE.
Damn. Well good luck to him. He didnt do s**t with us.
WTF? Something must of happened in house that there not saying.. Then again they're short at WR and they need max production from every single one specially now
Originally posted by Mister49:
Im sure we have someone in mind! No way they just let him go without a backup plan in place, Harbs and Baalke too smart for that...

I'm not so sure about this. I think if they do bring someone in it might be just to add depth to what we have, not necessarily for more talent. Braylon was close to being useless this whole time. And the guys that they have Crabtree, Williams, Ginn have been doing a very decent job. So cutting Braylon doesn't affect the group's production in any way. By cutting Edwards, Harbaugh actually affirmed to his WR group that he's confident in them to get the job done. Positive reinforcement for a young group of guys trying to make plays for the team going into the playoff.

The worrisome part is the injury to Ginn and Williams but I think Harbaugh is confident that these 2 guys will be back in the playoffs.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 27, 2011 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by bleedTHEredngold:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

This!

For real! The teams in the NFC tournament will be lining up for Braylon Edwards' help so they can stop our offense. I expect a bidding situation to develop.

Nah. I think he's gonna shut it down for the year.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

This!

For real! The teams in the NFC tournament will be lining up for Braylon Edwards' help so they can stop our offense. I expect a bidding situation to develop.

Nah. I think he's gonna shut it down for the year.

Dude had 15 catches for 151 yards in 9 games. Do you expect people to go crazy for that? I know he's a big body & a red zone target theoretically, but homeboy hasn't shown it this year at all. Don't you think there may be a reason he's gone through 3 teams in 4 years?
Can't keep two guys on the roster who can't play. That would have been the case if Braylon stayed on while Delanie would be hurt. Unless you are entrenched in a starting role, you better be versatile and able to contribute on ST. Braylon couldn't do that. This was a numbers move. Braylon just couldn't get healthy but I think he carried himself well. Never misspoke while a Niner, making excuses and all that. I disliked him greatly as a Jet but he earned some respect from me during his time here in SF.

I hope he rehabs and signs a really cheap deal with us, because when healthy he can ball.
Originally posted by jreff22:

This!

If you guys actually expect a team to dump a player for an injured guy to gain "insight" the wow......

I guess I wasn't sarcastic enough.

No they wouldn't sign him just for that . They can just pay him under the table for some insider information. This way the Niners will never know and be unprepared.

Braylon was rumbling the last couple games about Alex Smiths passing in the red zone, they probably cut him before he could become a cancer in the locker room?
well, at least the FO has removed edwards from the FA resign debate.
Sucks for Braylon.

If we do bring TO back, it wouldn't be the first time we brought a big name player back late in the season. It reminds me when we brought back Charles Haley (a nutjob in the locker room as well). Big reason why we finally defeated Brett Favre and the Packers. Hopefully TO can generate the same production Haley did in his 2nd stint with us.

Now, that being said, we'd probably ask Jason Hill to comeback to his hometown team for a third stint or something, or somebody that was in camp because they got Harbaugh's playbook
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Dec 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM ]
Poor Braylon........ Whatever happened to him making some noise
Not sure why all the hate on Braylon. I havent heard anything of him being a lockerroom cancer or have I heard him complain.

I think it was a move just to clear a roster spot for another WR. I think they felt like he just couldn't contribute anything going forward because of his injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone