LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

which WR will 49ers bring in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
at the people seriously talking about TO. Did any of you see the work out tape he sent to the league trying to get a job earlier this season, prior to a public cry for help?

I hope you aren't registered voters.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by d49izme:
How good would the pickup of Brandon Lloyd been right about now?
For the record - my vote is TO

From what i heard Lloyd didn't want to be traded to the 9ers

thats what i heard, his trade was kinda attached to whether he'd be open to staying on the team past this year cus hes a free agent
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by alaskanassassin7:
at the people seriously talking about TO. Did any of you see the work out tape he sent to the league trying to get a job earlier this season, prior to a public cry for help?

I hope you aren't registered voters.

I am a registered voter, but don't vote. lol
Pick up Andy Tanner off the New Orleans Practice squad to gain insight on the Saints. Regardless of what happens next week, we will meet the Saints in the Playoffs.
Originally posted by gloryniner:
Pick up Andy Tanner off the New Orleans Practice squad to gain insight on the Saints. Regardless of what happens next week, we will meet the Saints in the Playoffs.

might be the best idea i've heard so far
I think they are activating the PS TE... Rueland (sp?)... He will come in and do dirty work.... Special Teams/Block The fatties duties....

I doubt we bring a Vet WR, that will not play muti pos. ie... TE/Slot Man/FB/H-Back, I think the guy we bring up from the PS can fill the most space, and already knows playbook.
Originally posted by Pipet49:
If we are gonna make it to the show it will be by running the ball. Thats our strenght and we do it better that anyone in the NFC. With that being said, a TE makes more sense than a WR.

Um, I think that going into the playoffs with so few wr's is simply not an option. We are not THAT good at running the ball.
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
I think they are activating the PS TE... Rueland (sp?)... He will come in and do dirty work.... Special Teams/Block The fatties duties....

I doubt we bring a Vet WR, that will not play muti pos. ie... TE/Slot Man/FB/H-Back, I think the guy we bring up from the PS can fill the most space, and already knows playbook.

We need help at the WR spot, someone who wants to catch balls
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Exactly. This move is to open up a roster spot for another TE because they dont want IR Walker. They aren't going to bring in Moss or TO so you might as well got over it. Unless Williams, and or Ginn are expected to miss the playoffs the only other WR you're going to see is Swain getting more playing time.

so our only healthy WR are crabs and brett swain?

we need a WReven if KW is coming back

Rheuland is my prediction also. He has great hands (look at pre season) he is a big red zone target that can actually catch. He knows the offense and he played under Harbaugh at Stanford. The WR's will be Crabtree, Kyle Williams, Brett Swain and Ginn. Rheuland can play WR in a pinch and be a possession WR.
I expect Reuland gets brought up from the PS, and we sign Jason Hill.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Jason hill was released because of knee injury
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

both? who else we gonna cut? i doubt we put Walker on IR.

who else is gonna get cut then?
Originally posted by gamechanger:
The thought of Zeigler makes me cringe because he would probably be the worst option as far as durability goes. If he ends up getting hurt then we'll be right back where we started. Moss has the best hands but Hill has some value because of his time with Alex. I just hope they can get it right, because our WR corp needs to step up their game and help this team take it to the next level.

I just can't see Moss being an option. This is a player who was known to be lazy while playing - what kind of shape do you think he will be in after being retired all season? Plus he did absolotuely nothing last year (Blame Jeff Fisher for that), so it's been almost two years since he has really seen the field much. Json Hill did have some time with Alex, but it a different offense. And how bad do you have to be playing to get cut by the Jags??

Bring in T.O.! He has shown he is in shape and wants to play. Plus the 49ers could start him out on simple routes, slants, short patterns - and let his ability to make a play after the catch be a factor while they work him into the rest of the offense.
Isn't Jason Hill playing for the Jags? What happened to Arnaz Battle and the Steelers? I never saw or heard of him when the 49ers played them. Where is Ronald Johnson? Ha!
Share 49ersWebzone