There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

which WR will 49ers bring in

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
so our only healthy WR are crabs and brett swain?

we need a WReven if KW is coming back

I realize that but I'm assuming both are expected back. Edwards wasn't contributing anyway. They're not losing any production here. Like I said unless those two are expected to miss an extedned period of time you're not going to see a move for a WR other than Swain. He's most familiar with the offense.

True but if KW get another concussion or if another WR get injured then we are really screwed. How do you think swain got on the team?
I really wouldn't mind seeing Hill come back since he never really got a fair shot with Singletary in the first place. Zeigler wouldn't be bad either.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by zozell:
hes a TE

I know... but that's my point... we're not bringing in a wr... we're bringing in a te to replace delanie..

Williams and Ginn are both injured.

That leaves Swain as the only other healthy receiver on the roster.

They'll make another roster move for a wide receiver before this week is up.

Williams had a concussion and should be cleared to play on Sunday
hes a TE

I know... but that's my point... we're not bringing in a wr... we're bringing in a te to replace delanie..

I think our #3 TE would take precedence over Edwards who was basically the last WR spot on the roster.

I think Williams and Ginn maybe back in the playoffs. So the thinking of getting another TE seems good too.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
True but if KW get another concussion or if another WR get injured then we are really screwed. How do you think swain got on the team?

I totally agree with you there but I think both are going to be fine. If not than we may indeed see a move for a WR but I still think they would elevate practice squad player before bringing in someone from outside the organization. Our 3 TE sets are going to be vital for us in the playoffs. More important than another WR IMO.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Dec 27, 2011 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
hes a TE

I think our #3 TE would take precedence over Edwards who was basically the last WR spot on the roster.

I think Williams and Ginn maybe back in the playoffs. So the thinking of getting another TE seems good too.

going to the playoff with 4 WR is dangerous not worth the risk
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I totally agree with you there but I think both are going to be fine. If not than we may indeed see a move for a WR but I still think they would elevate practice squad player before bringing in someone from outside the organization. Our 3 TE sets are going to be vital for us in the playoffs. More important than another WR IMO.

Whatever happens, this would be a great time to bring someone in and have three weeks to the first playoff game and get into baraughs system
The thought of Zeigler makes me cringe because he would probably be the worst option as far as durability goes. If he ends up getting hurt then we'll be right back where we started. Moss has the best hands but Hill has some value because of his time with Alex. I just hope they can get it right, because our WR corp needs to step up their game and help this team take it to the next level.
Exactly. This move is to open up a roster spot for another TE because they dont want IR Walker. They aren't going to bring in Moss or TO so you might as well got over it. Unless Williams, and or Ginn are expected to miss the playoffs the only other WR you're going to see is Swain getting more playing time.

That would be cutting a position we are thin at, to fill a position we are thin at. That would not be a smart move. If they just wanted a roster spot for another TE, it would make more sense to make room somewhere we have some depth. Dropping a backup Safety maybe, since we have a few that can play either spot. Drop Moran Norris, and have Peelle fill in if Miller went down. Brock or Spencer would be an option, since we have some room at CB (But would hate to be short at all, VS. the Packers or Saints). I think cutting Norris would make the most sense, if it was just to create a roster spot for a TE.
How good would the pickup of Brandon Lloyd been right about now?
For the record - my vote is TO
T Owens was at the lakers game. Could he be a niner for a month?
Originally posted by stonecold590:

TO pulling a charles haley, returning to the niners for the playoff drive
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Originally posted by d49izme:
How good would the pickup of Brandon Lloyd been right about now?
For the record - my vote is TO

From what i heard Lloyd didn't want to be traded to the 9ers
If we are gonna make it to the show it will be by running the ball. Thats our strenght and we do it better that anyone in the NFC. With that being said, a TE makes more sense than a WR.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home