There are 211 users in the forums

which WR will 49ers bring in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Garcia:
How sick would it be if we brought in T.O.!?

I take it you're over the comments he made towards you?
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
TO
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825775c0/article/thin-at-receiver-49ers-might-have-to-consider-to?module=HP11_headline_stack

This sounds utterly and completely nuts, but what are the chances that Terrell Owens returns to San Francisco? If you're a 49ers fan, the thought either gets you pumped or makes you cringe.

On Tuesday, the team abruptly released veteran Braylon Edwards, who didn't pan out, mostly because of a nagging knee injury. And now the 49ers are so depleted at wide receiver that a T.O.-Niners reunion has to, at the very least, be considered.

Kyle Williams (head) and Ted Ginn Jr. (ankle) are both banged up, which leaves Michael Crabtree and Brett Swain as the only healthy receivers on the 49ers' roster. Swain, you might recall, was already a midseason acquisition because Josh Morgan was placed on injured reserve.

So, with Edwards' departure, the door is naturally open for somebody. Coach Jim Harbaugh didn't dismiss the notion that a player from the outside could come in and contribute.

"All options will be looked at," Harbaugh said, according to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. "And like I said, decisions will be made with one thing in mind: What's best for the team, what helps the team win."

On one hand, it's easy to think T.O. can help. He had almost 1,000 receiving yards and caught nine touchdowns in 14 games last year with the Bengals, so he's got to be better a option than a practice squad call-up. And with regard to his diva ways, you take it one game at a time in the playoffs.

But on the other hand, can T.O. be trusted not to blow up a close-knit locker room in such a short time? What if, at 38, he isn't fully recovered from having his torn anterior cruciate ligament surgically repaired? The 49ers, after all, had no interest in attending his public workout back in October.

That was then. This is now. The situation for the 49ers is much more pressing with the postseason right around the corner. Makes you wonder how much consideration they're giving this crazy idea.

Terrell Owens makes a lot of sense. huge receiver, intimidating presence, great run blocker, extremely hard worker. hasnt really been a public headache in his later years. i say give the man a shot, braylon sat on the bench getting paid all year, T.O. will definitely make a bigger impact than he has and at this point he will be cheap as hell to sign since his market is pretty low. it could be a lot worse than having a perennial probowler whos hungry for a last chance at a superbowl
Speculation, clearly 49ers are looking at all options as Harbs says.
I am sure team is keeping in mind who we would be playing in playoffs, Saints/ Packers and their offenses

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825775c0/article/thin-at-receiver-49ers-might-have-to-consider-to?module=HP11_headline_stack
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Speculation, clearly 49ers are looking at all options as Harbs says.
I am sure team is keeping in mind who we would be playing in playoffs, Saints/ Packers and their offenses

already posted, my bad guys
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Terrell Owens makes a lot of sense. huge receiver, intimidating presence, great run blocker, extremely hard worker. hasnt really been a public headache in his later years. i say give the man a shot, braylon sat on the bench getting paid all year, T.O. will definitely make a bigger impact than he has and at this point he will be cheap as hell to sign since his market is pretty low. it could be a lot worse than having a perennial probowler whos hungry for a last chance at a superbowl

Just give him go-routes, quick slants and crosses.
For the record, I would look at bringing in T.O. He Certainly would help us in the red zone.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
already posted, my bad guys

Hey you were only 23secs off
[ Edited by ace49ers on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:39 PM ]
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Just give him go-routes, quick slants and crosses.
we were in the WCO when he was drafted, Philly was too, not sure about dallas, bills and bengals but he does have familiarity in it and with our first round bye (hopefully) he can get caught up a little. we have nothing to lose, the only healthy receiver we have is Crabs. sign T.O. and another guy.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
For the record, I would look at bringing in T.O. He Certainly would help us in the red zone.

Does anyone know if the guys kept up his fitness? he'd have shake off alot of rust in just one game before the playoffs.
this might sound selfish, but i dont want a new WR who hasnt helped this team get to where they are... a wide receiver sitting in the FA all year joins the team, catches a few balls in the playoffs..maybe even claim a superbowl ring with a team who has fought in the trenches all year... no thanks

Does anyone know if the guys kept up his fitness? he'd have shake off alot of rust in just one game before the playoffs.

TO is 38, and coming off knee surgery he will be rusty, and completely unfamiliar with our staff, system and players only an idiot could possibly think he can help. If Harbs goes in this direction I will be shocked!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

TO is 38, and coming off knee surgery he will be rusty, and completely unfamiliar with our staff, system and players only an idiot could possibly think he can help. If Harbs goes in this direction I will be shocked!

To have a unknown receiver who ever the team brings in will have to contribute straight away. Oppositions cant game plan on a guy they havent seen tape on. Advantage us in this case.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Is Braylon finally gonna step up and actually make some plays? The only other healthy WR I can think of is Swain and I'm not sure if he's that much better than Braylon.

yes he will

lulz
Share 49ersWebzone