Derrick Mason
Sinorice Moss
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Jason Hill
Chad Jackson
Brandon Jones (remember him?)
Yamon Figurs
Justin Gage

outside of that list...no one else really. Any one of those guys are better than NO ONE. We're in desperate need of bodies at this point. And I'd rather take experienced guys. Figurs could stretch the field. Jones seemed like a decent possession guy. Gage is a vet. Higgins has speed. Stokley isn't terrible. Not really a fan of the Jackson's. Don't know anything about Limas Sweed other than that the zone was clamoring for him a few years back in the draft, lol.

I'd rather elevate Konrad Reuland from the PS, then sign an outside WR who doesn't know the system.

he's a TE though, we need a 3rd healthy WR.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
he's a TE though, we need a 3rd healthy WR.

Crabs, Williams should be fine, Ginn should be fine, Swain.

Add the extra TE and run more 2 TE sets.
I think Ginn is actually healthier than we think. He wasn't limping around after the game last Saturday and I don't think it was a sprain either.

Williams might have a concussion, but no one can say for sure.
Chris Hogan... please God
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Liked what Lance Long showed us early on... what the heck... sign him up.

I liked him too. I'd be willing to try it. One thing is for sure, we (as fans) know a lot more about him that we do of a guy like Joe Hastings.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Cut Norris and add Rueland and another receiver Norris is just wasting a roster spot.

This, I hate Norris! He and Chilo Rachel must go!
Konrad Reuland (TE) gets brought up from the PS. We need another tight end with Walker out and he helps a bit as a receiver. Has real good hands (Harbaugh compared him to Jay Novacek) runs good routes and knows the system well (played for Harbaugh at Stanford)
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Konrad Reuland (TE) gets brought up from the PS. We need another tight end with Walker out and he helps a bit as a receiver. Has real good hands (Harbaugh compared him to Jay Novacek) runs good routes and knows the system well (played for Harbaugh at Stanford)

Most likely and he's been in our offense all year too, right? Knows the sets?
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

We should pull one of the receivers from our practice squad, or else why even have a practice squad at all? Those two have been to all the meetings, learned all the routes, and know the system. They may not be big names, but they are way ahead of anyone else.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yep and you know how much Harbaugh loves to use tight end sets. We use more two tight end sets than we do 3 WR sets. We sometimes even go to 3 tight end sets.

I also don't see how Delaine Walker can return this season after breaking his jaw. Maybe if we make the super bowl. I know he is a valuable player to us but is that valuable to use up a roster spot for the playoffs? I would almost rather put him on IR, bring up Reuland and sign or bring up another WR.

Also guys, do not sleep on Brett Swain. I think he can be a very solid #3 or 4 WR in the NFL and I think he will help us in the playoffs. He knows the Packers pretty good as well

• Garce
  • Veteran
How sick would it be if we brought in T.O.!?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Not this crap again...
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Not this crap again...

Who the f**k is that?
You guys are all assuming that because a guy is on the practise squad he knows the playbook. Their jobs are usually to mimic upcoming opponents. They spend most of their time studying those tapes, not with their nose in a playbook.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Ochocinco ain't coming here. No way VD gives up the number.
Share 49ersWebzone