Derrick Mason
Sinorice Moss
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Jason Hill
Chad Jackson
Brandon Jones (remember him?)
Yamon Figurs
Justin Gage

outside of that list...no one else really. Any one of those guys are better than NO ONE. We're in desperate need of bodies at this point. And I'd rather take experienced guys. Figurs could stretch the field. Jones seemed like a decent possession guy. Gage is a vet. Higgins has speed. Stokley isn't terrible. Not really a fan of the Jackson's. Don't know anything about Limas Sweed other than that the zone was clamoring for him a few years back in the draft, lol.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
^ still rather give Reuland a chance before any of those old scrubs
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/27/49ers-wide-receiver-list-unlikely-to-include-big-names/

Let go of T O

In the words of the infamous Justin Bieber; NEVER SAY, NEVER!!!

Thats one name I never thought Oakland-Niner would utter..

Hey, I got a daughter. I can't get away from the kid (Bieber).
I wonder when the hell we will find out.
Liked what Lance Long showed us early on... what the heck... sign him up.
Keith sutherland
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/27/49ers-wide-receiver-list-unlikely-to-include-big-names/

Let go of T O

If thats what the FO and Harbaugh are planning then so be it. But cant but help thinking T.O. would still be upgrade over whoever else Harbaugh & Co. bring in to replace Edwards and Walkers production. He would be a beast in the Red Zone, and if he's healthy can man the #2 WR position
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
What about Dominique Zeigler?
Get your pop-corn ready! I'd love me some T!
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Dec 27, 2011 at 2:18 PM ]
Johnny Lee Higgins is a nice WR. he can return kick offs n punts as well... UTEP baby!!

Johnny Reuland (tight end) gets brought up or we sign Chris Chambers...IMO
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Johnny Reuland (tight end) gets brought up or we sign Chris Chambers...IMO

Konrad Reuland?
Cut Norris and add Rueland and another receiver Norris is just wasting a roster spot.
Baalke and Harbaugh have had a plan in place for weeks, I'm guessing which is why Harbaugh called Edwards out this past week - put up or shut up; and didn't he have two penalties and no positive plays? Gone! If you don't contribute you better not HURT your team. So, my guess is that they have someone in mind but it won't be anyone significant.

That said, what will be more significant is that we'll use more VD out wide at WR (saw more of this against Seattle) and getting him the ball in space and keep him away from the sideline. I think Williams and Ginn will be back and ready to go for the playoffs. So we'll have Crabtree, Williams and VD in more splits with Ginn in as well but concentrate more on returns, reverses, etc. and on 3rd downs (maybe even taking the lid off defenses).

Tournament play is almost over; one more to go! I'd expect the offense to be much more wide open in the playoffs!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Some names out there...

Brandon Stokely
Limas Sweed
Lance Long
Derrick Mason
Sinorice Moss
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Jason Hill
Chad Jackson
Brandon Jones (remember him?)
Yamon Figurs
Justin Gage

outside of that list...no one else really. Any one of those guys are better than NO ONE. We're in desperate need of bodies at this point. And I'd rather take experienced guys. Figurs could stretch the field. Jones seemed like a decent possession guy. Gage is a vet. Higgins has speed. Stokley isn't terrible. Not really a fan of the Jackson's. Don't know anything about Limas Sweed other than that the zone was clamoring for him a few years back in the draft, lol.

I'd rather elevate Konrad Reuland from the PS, then sign an outside WR who doesn't know the system.
Share 49ersWebzone