There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

which WR will 49ers bring in

  • rdc1
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 137
Keep in mind that Harbaugh is big on work ethic and locker room chemistry. He will not bring in anyone that he feels would be a cancer in the locker room. I suspect that Hastings will be promoted from the practice squad and put into the slot freed by cutting Edwards. It might be Matthews, but probably Hastings. I do not expect them to go outside for a receiver at this time.

While Reuland is a good pass receiving tight end, he is weak when it comes to blocking and special teams. One of Delanie Walkers strongest contributions is what he brings to special teams. If Walker is placed on injured reserve I would expect the 49ers to go outside for someone for the special team roll and only elevate Reuland if they cannot find someone.
Originally posted by montana9er:
I have a feelimg Harbaugh and Trent had all there ducks in a row before they releases Edwards. They have a list of players they are going to pick apart and come out with the best fit. I have total faith in whomever they get they have been spot on on picking talent so far in my opinion. As much as T.O. bugs me it would be something to see him suited up in Niner gear again. The guy is good I'll give him that . Also would take the double team off of V.D. and Crabs then lookout

TO will not get double teamed. He might be another Braylon Edwards for us. Didn't he came off a knee injury... We didn't look at him but went with Swain instead couple of months ago. They are not going to look at him now.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/27/49ers-wide-receiver-list-unlikely-to-include-big-names/

Let go of T O
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I believe ANYBODY is the answer.

ANYBODY would be an improvement.
Braylon contributed negatively to this team. ANYBODY contributing positiviely - like special teams would be better than Braylon.

I susupected that he was running wrong routes, now I know its true.

Just imagine the 49ers releasing Braylon at a time of need (no Morgan, Ginn, Williams and Delanie), he must be really awful.
An OK WR would be a significant upgrade.

My guess
ANYBODY that can play special teams well (since Delanie is out) will be on the team.

So no TO, no Moss.

I also believe that Hunter will play alot of WR sets.
We know he is good in open spaces...
He can be in motion and take hand off's ala Ginn.
Or do a WR bubble screen.

He will run the short crossing routes, or the deep fly ones.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/27/49ers-wide-receiver-list-unlikely-to-include-big-names/

Let go of T O

In the words of the infamous Justin Bieber; NEVER SAY, NEVER!!!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/27/49ers-wide-receiver-list-unlikely-to-include-big-names/

Let go of T O

In the words of the infamous Justin Bieber; NEVER SAY, NEVER!!!

Thats one name I never thought Oakland-Niner would utter..
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by montana9er:
I have a feelimg Harbaugh and Trent had all there ducks in a row before they releases Edwards. They have a list of players they are going to pick apart and come out with the best fit. I have total faith in whomever they get they have been spot on on picking talent so far in my opinion. As much as T.O. bugs me it would be something to see him suited up in Niner gear again. The guy is good I'll give him that . Also would take the double team off of V.D. and Crabs then lookout

TO will not get double teamed. He might be another Braylon Edwards for us. Didn't he came off a knee injury... We didn't look at him but went with Swain instead couple of months ago. They are not going to look at him now.

It was just a thought man, I trust Harbaugh and Co. to make the right desicion
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Tai Streets

I raise you with a JJ Stokes!

Re-raise with Iheanyi Uwaezuoke

Antonio Bryant
Cedrick Wilson
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,037
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Tai Streets

I raise you with a JJ Stokes!

Re-raise with Iheanyi Uwaezuoke

Antonio Bryant
Cedrick Wilson

Jason McAddley.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Tai Streets

I raise you with a JJ Stokes!

Re-raise with Iheanyi Uwaezuoke

Antonio Bryant
Cedrick Wilson

Jason McAddley.

PJ Fleck
  • rserda
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,255
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Tai Streets

I raise you with a JJ Stokes!

Re-raise with Iheanyi Uwaezuoke

Antonio Bryant
Cedrick Wilson

Jason McAddley.

PJ Fleck

Ashlie Lelie
Derrick Hamilton
Rashaun Woods!
I still like the idea of Ziggy. If the kid is healthy I'm sure he can last 3-4 games with spot and RZ duty.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,215
glenn coffee
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home