There are 221 users in the forums

If the Falcons beat the Saints

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'd like to see Harbaugh and Co. take the reins off the offense and say "have at it." Let Alex basically run the offense for the first half, run a no-huddle/hurry-up offense and see what they can do with it. I've gotten the feeling all season that Alex has been held back, and there are many good reasons for that, but I'd like to see this offense go out, without any worries or concerns other than piling up points. Alex has often done well in that type of scenario so I'd like to see what they can put together as a warm-up for the playoffs and then in the 2nd half, let Kaepernick have his turn to show what he can do.

I'm kind of freaking out right now, it's the last game of the season and I'm not depressed by the thought that this last game could be completely meaningless as for once there's playoff games in the future. Its been awhile.
Interesting idea Phoenix, Let Alex play however he wants in the first half, and then Yank him see how far CK has come in the second half maybe!
Well if we end up not needing to win on Sunday, I think they'll play it like a pre season game. That being said, I want them to go out and crush the sheep.
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Interesting idea Phoenix, Let Alex play however he wants in the first half, and then Yank him see how far CK has come in the second half maybe!

I think it'd be cool for the coaching staff to tell him "this is your offense, make plays happen, get points, however you have to do it" and then let him run with it and see how he does. I think the results could be surprising if he isn't freaked out about making turnovers and simply just putting the ball all over the field.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Well if we end up not needing to win on Sunday, I think they'll play it like a pre season game. That being said, I want them to go out and crush the sheep.

Can't believe the Rams will give it their best effort, winning the game would only screw them over on draft position, if they lose, they still have a shot at the #1 pick, so does Indy. Its going to be funny seeing both those teams trying not to win, lol.
no

just sit alex VD and crabs

we cant afford another injury to any of our recieving corps or alex at this point
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no

just sit alex VD and crabs

we cant afford another injury to any of our recieving corps or alex at this point

this. save the bag of tricks for the playoffs. if the Saints lose to the falcons of course.
so pulling for a Falcon win.
A new season starts in 2 weeks. I think they will be thinking and getting ready for that. Add a few more plays to the offense for the playoff, but the offense would stay mostly the same. I think Smith and his receivers have shown that they can go deep if the coaches call for those plays. They will never suddenly give up those short to medium, higher percentage throws but I think the coaches will be a little more comfortable calling for some longer passing plays. At some point the players has to make the plays however the play is called. The QB has to find away to extend the play and get the ball to his playmakers. Receiver has to make the catch when the ball is near. RB has to make someone miss. Blockers have to block. Drag someone into the end zone for the score. They will be in the mother****'n playoff!!

The main thing will be to stay healthy.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
If we play our second team/backups it gives the Rams a better shot to win and not have a chance at the 1st overall pick on the draft. As I've heard that this is the most valuable 1st pick in ten years, the Rams could really rebuild their team with a package of draft picks they could receive for the 1st pick. They are in our division so that would be bad for us. I hope it doesn't, but it could end up like the Herschel Walker trade which cost us some Superbowls I believe.

I'm not saying do not try to win the game. Just saying that the Rams getting that pick could make it tougher for the Niners down the road.

Originally posted by Happs:
If we play our second team/backups it gives the Rams a better shot to win and not have a chance at the 1st overall pick on the draft. As I've heard that this is the most valuable 1st pick in ten years, the Rams could really rebuild their team with a package of draft picks they could receive for the 1st pick. They are in our division so that would be bad for us. I hope it doesn't, but it could end up like the Herschel Walker trade which cost us some Superbowls I believe.

I'm not saying do not try to win the game. Just saying that the Rams getting that pick could make it tougher for the Niners down the road.

Rams aren't in the drivers seat however, if the Colts lose to the Jags, that pick is their's period and I don't believe there is any limit to what the Colts will do to make sure that they come out on the losing end. Tanking a whole season is a ridiculous notion, but tanking a single game that puts your franchise into an incredible position of leverage in terms of drafting what many agree is a sure-fire franchise quarterback or trading the pick away for a king's ransom is not far-fetched at all.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM ]
No way, we have to rest our starters and give Kaep a chance for playing time.
START KAEP!
Harbaugh already tried it. He "unleashed" the offense in the second half at Arizona after totally controlling the first half. That experiment failed pretty miserably.
Go Falcons ....
Share 49ersWebzone