LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

2012 Opponents

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Peyton to the niners! Please!
I could see us being a better team (better O) and still slipping to somewhere around 10-6 or so.
Those that think we will revert back to 8-8 ways, don't see the bigger picture already laid as a foundation by Harbaugh, pure n simple. This D will mainly come back in tact with only Brooks as the ? mark, IMO. Goldson will be tagged, Rogers will get his pay and Brooks will test the market and may leave. However, I'm sure Brooks will heavily consider us as a contender now so we may get to keep him, too. That would leave this incredible D INTACT with a whole off season under Fangio's coaching.

That's so frickin' huge, fellas! Then on top of it, Brad Seely will be back (I was right! Colts hired Chuck Pagano). He not going anywhere this year, IMO. Therefore, our ST unit will still have their master and we will resign our ST guys like Costanzo and Spillman back. It's our returner where I have question. If Ginn leaves, we have a void that must be addressed in the offseason. On top of that, we need WRs to extend Roman's offense. We need a burner w/hands unlike Ginn and that leads me to DeSean Jackson. He would instantly upgrade both positions: Returner and WR.

The one area that stood out like a sore testicle was our WRs, pitiful! We need better talent on the edges to be able to "POP" the top off the secondary, consistently. Jackson could do that. Or get a guy like Vincent Jackson and draft a burner with return skills in the draft. I would rather have DeSean, but you get my drift, right? The offense upgrading is the most important element of this team that needs to be addressed. Once that is done and with the type of offense we have, look the f**k out!!!

We are a +10 win team right now. We will go into Foxboro, the SuperDome and Lambeau with this D and ST units, but our offense of this year would be the weak link. With upgrades to the WR core, additional talented depth and a full year under Roman/Cryst/Harbaugh coaching, we can top what we did this year. This is not a Homer POV either. We can go to their turf and kick ass! Then we an take care of NYG (vengeance will be ours!) and Detroit at home.

It's fact. This team will be back and we're going back to the playoffs for sure either as NFC West Champs or Wild Card. With some upgrades at offense, we will be back in the NFC Championship and beyond.

As I have said since we lost, this year's NFC Championship loss painfully was like 90', but that's just the game. On another level, this SEASON is like 83' where we lost to the frickin' Redskins by one frickin' point because of that bogus PI call on Ronnie. They win and get shellacked by the Raiders. We come back next year and had our best season ever at 15-1, beat the Bears 23-0 for the Championship in one of the coldest games at Soldier Field and then take care of Marino and his Dolphins in the SB for our second trophy.

So no, we won't be 8-8. We will be on the cusp of having home field advantage next year. Just watch. If you don't believe, that's on you.
[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM ]
NY AT SF sunday night football opener , calling it.
I cant wait to play the giants again !!
in which i fully expect to blow them out XD
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
49ERS 2012 OPPONENTS
Home
Arizona
St. Louis
Seattle
Chicago
Detroit
Buffalo
Miami
NFC East winner (N.Y. Giants or Dallas)

Away
Arizona
St. Louis
Seattle
Green Bay
Minnesota
New England
New York Jets
NFC South winner (New Orleans or Atlanta)

5 out of 8 road games in eastern time zone. NFC North and AFC East.

Gonna be tough.

link
Kinda nice to see miami.. this upcoming season.. especially at home..

but... I'm really not liking the fact that we have to travel to new england... oh well, game on.

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Yep.. cant hardly wait for this one...

#NinersAllDay
Originally posted by SportsFan:
And you don't think having a full offseason to fully implement the west coast offense will help at all? Not saying we are going to light it up next year but I expect the offense to take a huge step forward.

How do you "like" this comment.. on thousand times over???

We will be bad ass next year.. watch.
19-3..

Called it first..

Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:

Yep.. cant hardly wait for this one...

#NinersAllDay

with our schedule we can possibly have a good amount of prime time games this yr, i prefer them to be on the road when we play in the ET so we can get those few extra hrs
Originally posted by ninertico:
Those that think we will revert back to 8-8 ways, don't see the bigger picture already laid as a foundation by Harbaugh, pure n simple. This D will mainly come back in tact with only Brooks as the ? mark, IMO. Goldson will be tagged, Rogers will get his pay and Brooks will test the market and may leave. However, I'm sure Brooks will heavily consider us as a contender now so we may get to keep him, too. That would leave this incredible D INTACT with a whole off season under Fangio's coaching.

That's so frickin' huge, fellas! Then on top of it, Brad Seely will be back (I was right! Colts hired Chuck Pagano). He not going anywhere this year, IMO. Therefore, our ST unit will still have their master and we will resign our ST guys like Costanzo and Spillman back. It's our returner where I have question. If Ginn leaves, we have a void that must be addressed in the offseason. On top of that, we need WRs to extend Roman's offense. We need a burner w/hands unlike Ginn and that leads me to DeSean Jackson. He would instantly upgrade both positions: Returner and WR.

The one area that stood out like a sore testicle was our WRs, pitiful! We need better talent on the edges to be able to "POP" the top off the secondary, consistently. Jackson could do that. Or get a guy like Vincent Jackson and draft a burner with return skills in the draft. I would rather have DeSean, but you get my drift, right? The offense upgrading is the most important element of this team that needs to be addressed. Once that is done and with the type of offense we have, look the f**k out!!!

We are a +10 win team right now. We will go into Foxboro, the SuperDome and Lambeau with this D and ST units, but our offense of this year would be the weak link. With upgrades to the WR core, additional talented depth and a full year under Roman/Cryst/Harbaugh coaching, we can top what we did this year. This is not a Homer POV either. We can go to their turf and kick ass! Then we an take care of NYG (vengeance will be ours!) and Detroit at home.

It's fact. This team will be back and we're going back to the playoffs for sure either as NFC West Champs or Wild Card. With some upgrades at offense, we will be back in the NFC Championship and beyond.

As I have said since we lost, this year's NFC Championship loss painfully was like 90', but that's just the game. On another level, this SEASON is like 83' where we lost to the frickin' Redskins by one frickin' point because of that bogus PI call on Ronnie. They win and get shellacked by the Raiders. We come back next year and had our best season ever at 15-1, beat the Bears 23-0 for the Championship in one of the coldest games at Soldier Field and then take care of Marino and his Dolphins in the SB for our second trophy.

So no, we won't be 8-8. We will be on the cusp of having home field advantage next year. Just watch. If you don't believe, that's on you.

Agree 100%.

As for the saints, pats, packers, giants, and lions game they should all be on prime time.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Jan 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM ]

I dont really want to see that first game. That would be a crappy way to start the season if we lost. Would rather play them halfway through.

maybe. if they win the super bowl they'll host the season opener like every other defending champ hope the Pats kill them!
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
And you don't think having a full offseason to fully implement the west coast offense will help at all? Not saying we are going to light it up next year but I expect the offense to take a huge step forward.

How do you "like" this comment.. on thousand times over???

We will be bad ass next year.. watch.

I need proof not assumption !
Share 49ersWebzone