There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Delaine walker.....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We don't even know the severity of the injury, for all we know it could be a 'dislocated' jaw, or even a 'fractured' jaw as opposed to a completely 'broken jaw'. -Brett Favre got a dislocated jaw last season and kept playing, Peyton Manning broke his jaw in 2001; kept going.

Walker isn't a dude that goes down easy, he's gonna slap a "Riddell model #360" and start the playoffs.

That looks like Alex Smith's old facemask. No wonder he couldn't see...

Alexcuses Might even be legally blind. He kept missing on 'wide open' receivers all year long.

Any update yet?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
walker hasn't done s**t since his game winning TD in Detroit...

are you trolling or being serious....?

He's just a guy who looks at the stat sheet at the end of the game and evaluates players based on that.

mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Teammates said today that TE Delanie Walker had his broken jaw wired shut and is on a liquid diet. His prognosis will be known next week.
Originally posted by crabman82:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Teammates said today that TE Delanie Walker had his broken jaw wired shut and is on a liquid diet. His prognosis will be known next week.

Dammit
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Welp, that means it'll be wired shut for about four weeks. My guess is he'll lose 15-20 lbs. Tough to say he'd be in shape for the Superbowl.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

They're staggering, he's done; the moment they wire the jaw players are always finished (if he takes a another hit there he could damage more than his jaw). -If it was less severe (like a fracture), they'd 'plate' it up. -Konrad is gonna get activated for bye-week training.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Welp, that means it'll be wired shut for about four weeks. My guess is he'll lose 15-20 lbs. Tough to say he'd be in shape for the Superbowl.

Remember when he was drafted and the majority of teams wanted him to lose weight to be a WR... we could use a WR...

I think if he plays at all he will be limited in what he does... being a QB with a broken jaw is a lot different that a TE. The QB can protect himself and will get hit in the head area maybe a 5-10 times a game... Walker will be hit in the head on almost every play he's on the field, wether he's blocking or running routes... I think players are gonna pop him everytime.

Anyone remember how long it took Anquan Boldin to come back and play after breaking his jaw? That was pretty nasty...
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by okdkid:

Remember when he was drafted and the majority of teams wanted him to lose weight to be a WR... we could use a WR...

I think if he plays at all he will be limited in what he does... being a QB with a broken jaw is a lot different that a TE. The QB can protect himself and will get hit in the head area maybe a 5-10 times a game... Walker will be hit in the head on almost every play he's on the field, wether he's blocking or running routes... I think players are gonna pop him everytime.

Anyone remember how long it took Anquan Boldin to come back and play after breaking his jaw? That was pretty nasty...

Boldin missed 2 games.
[ Edited by boast on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:40 PM ]
i thought boldin broke his face (for a lack of a better phrase) as opposed to his jaw?
Can you wire a jaw shut and put a huge facemask on and a double chin strap and still play? It's the playoffs. Just sayin...

We don't even know the severity of the injury, for all we know it could be a 'dislocated' jaw, or even a 'fractured' jaw as opposed to a completely 'broken jaw'. -Brett Favre got a dislocated jaw last season and kept playing, Peyton Manning broke his jaw in 2001; kept going. -Hell, I don't even need to name a 'certain' tight end of the past who played with a shattered jaw all the way to the Superbowl...

Walker isn't a dude that goes down easy, he's gonna slap a "Riddell model #360" on and start the playoffs.

also, Antonio Freeman did it with the Packers. Broke his jaw and missed one game. Not saying that is what DW should do........just saying
Originally posted by Chickenhawk:
Can you wire a jaw shut and put a huge facemask on and a double chin strap and still play? It's the playoffs. Just sayin...

We don't even know the severity of the injury, for all we know it could be a 'dislocated' jaw, or even a 'fractured' jaw as opposed to a completely 'broken jaw'. -Brett Favre got a dislocated jaw last season and kept playing, Peyton Manning broke his jaw in 2001; kept going. -Hell, I don't even need to name a 'certain' tight end of the past who played with a shattered jaw all the way to the Superbowl...

Walker isn't a dude that goes down easy, he's gonna slap a "Riddell model #360" on and start the playoffs.

also, Antonio Freeman did it with the Packers. Broke his jaw and missed one game. Not saying that is what DW should do........just saying

lets not forget former giants te marc bavaro
this is a dumb question but if he was bleeding where was if coming from....was he cut open on his face?
Only way I see Walker returning is if we make it to the NFC Championship game; that would spot a range of 3-4 weeks for him to get back into the mix (and he needs 4 weeks until he can take the wires out).

Hell, you know if we make it to the SB Josh Morgan might be ready to suit up! -No s**tting!
god f**kING DAMMIT!!!!!!!! What pisses me off the most about this is the fact that this injury is so damn unlucky as they come.... he's just laying there and a f**king seahawk player trips into his jaw basically when running. didnt have to happen... u'd think something like this was so avoidable.. man this freaking sucks... ...