LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Delaine walker.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
walker hasn't done s**t since his game winning TD in Detroit...

Except hold the edge for Gore on stretch plays, wham block DT's on trap plays, blow people up on special teams, etc., etc. . . .

exactly, thank you
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Tight end Vernon Davis indicates that teammate Delanie Walker has a broken jaw after being kneed in the side of the face early Saturday.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/150755336930852864

That sucks. We're now thin at a position we need depth in.

Still have Nate Byham. should be healed hopefully next year

I want to see what Reuland can do, the only reason Peele is on the team is he is a better blocker and they felt they had enough receiving TE. I think he may surprise some people, since people haven't seen play enough on film. Everyone was fixing on walker and VD. They may underestimate JR and if he can take advantage, who knows, he may have the hands that some of you are clamouring for that Alex needs.

Except hold the edge for Gore on stretch plays, wham block DT's on trap plays, blow people up on special teams, etc., etc. . . .
He may be more valuable in protection too.
Didn't Anquan Boldin play with a wired jaw a few years after that Jet broke his face?
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Tight end Vernon Davis indicates that teammate Delanie Walker has a broken jaw after being kneed in the side of the face early Saturday.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/150755336930852864

That sucks. We're now thin at a position we need depth in.

Still have Nate Byham. should be healed hopefully next year

I want to see what Reuland can do, the only reason Peele is on the team is he is a better blocker and they felt they had enough receiving TE. I think he may surprise some people, since people haven't seen play enough on film. Everyone was fixing on walker and VD. They may underestimate JR and if he can take advantage, who knows, he may have the hands that some of you are clamouring for that Alex needs.

I though Byham last year was a solid pick. No real issues as far as I could see. Real shame he had to get hurt...
Who needs a jaw to play football anyway?
Originally posted by b9er37:
Who needs a jaw to play football anyway?

marc bavaro didnt
Delanie Walker: I just want to say thank u to all the fans that care about I love all u but ill be back real soon..

• dj43
Originally posted by King49er:

exactly, thank you

A lot of people only watch the ball.

are you trolling or being serious....?

he was leading receiver in giants game, and recovered an onside kick as well---he can contribute without catching the ball, and is a significant loss if he is out

are you trolling or being serious....?

He's just a guy who looks at the stat sheet at the end of the game and evaluates players based on that.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Can you wire a jaw shut and put a huge facemask on and a double chin strap and still play? It's the playoffs. Just sayin...

wire that s**t shut!! now we can call him D Lock

take the rams game off, we will have the bye and he will be back for our playoff game....s**t if boldin can come back in 3 games from getting his dome caved in for the regular season, he can do it for the playoffs

I guess it's a lot to ask. And there is certainly risk. But I'm just saying. Maybe you could put a huge facemask that comes a lot lower and a double chin strap to hold it on real good. I'm just guessing maybe it's possible. Maybe it's too risky and impossible. And I certainly wouldn't blame somebody if they couldn't play under that circumstance.

No offense, but that would be a stupid and possibly life threatening thing to do. I broke my jaw when I was a teenager due to a bicycling accident and had to have my jaw wired shut for 6 weeks. I only weighed about 140 and lost 15 pounds. I also had to wear surgical scissors around my neck and my family and friends were instructed on how to cut my jaw open in case I started vomiting for any reason. Also, due to the way my teeth line up, I had to due 90% of my breathing through my nose. If I then sustained a broken or bloody nose for any reason, I could have had severe breathing issues. Then there are the nutritional issues because you're on a liquid diet. I was definitely weaker than if I'd had a normal diet. Considering all of these factors, I doubt he'd even get medical clearance to play with his jaw wired shut.

Boldin did it. Maybe DW can too. Anyway he hasn't caught many passes in several games time. So he hasn't been a huge part of our offense. I think we can play without him although it would be great to have him. You can move him around a lot. He is so versatile. And he's even valuable on special teams. We will miss him but it's not like we can't function without him.
We don't even know the severity of the injury, for all we know it could be a 'dislocated' jaw, or even a 'fractured' jaw as opposed to a completely 'broken jaw'. -Brett Favre got a dislocated jaw last season and kept playing, Peyton Manning broke his jaw in 2001; kept going. -Hell, I don't even need to name a 'certain' tight end of the past who played with a shattered jaw all the way to the Superbowl...

Walker isn't a dude that goes down easy, he's gonna slap a "Riddell model #360" on and start the playoffs.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We don't even know the severity of the injury, for all we know it could be a 'dislocated' jaw, or even a 'fractured' jaw as opposed to a completely 'broken jaw'. -Brett Favre got a dislocated jaw last season and kept playing, Peyton Manning broke his jaw in 2001; kept going.

Walker isn't a dude that goes down easy, he's gonna slap a "Riddell model #360" and start the playoffs.

That looks like Alex Smith's old facemask. No wonder he couldn't see...
Share 49ersWebzone