There are 617 users in the forums
NFL.com: 49ers have best personnel to use blueprint to beat GB
Dec 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM
- Bayareaboy
- Veteran
- Posts: 98
That's right. That's right I've been saying this for a while now. Alot of us have we're going to the playoffs gentlemen
Dec 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,854
Dec 21, 2011 at 7:47 PM
- AXEGRINDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,680
I would not call Tarrell Brown 1/2 of a lockdown tandem. Everything else I agree with.
Dec 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM
- phatbutskinny
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,247
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I would not call Tarrell Brown 1/2 of a lockdown tandem. Everything else I agree with.
i lol'd at that part
Dec 21, 2011 at 7:56 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Why would our #1 run defense dare GB to run on us. That doesn't make sense to me?
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM
- boast
- Hella Fame
- Posts: 156,362
i have no doubt Justin and Aldon can do some major damage to the Pack. i'm talking being a real disruptive force. especially if their o-line is still banged up come late January.
as a fan of the Niners and the NFL, i hope we get to see this match-up.
as a fan of the Niners and the NFL, i hope we get to see this match-up.
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:01 PM
- vamphunter23
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,903
if we get to play GB in GB.....I HOPE IT SNOWS LIKE CRAZY.....please let it be a blizzard!!!
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM
- Snider8706
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,397
The way Goldson has been playing of late I can see our secondary stealing the spotlight from our front seven in the playoffs. As crazy as that sounds.
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Why would our #1 run defense dare GB to run on us. That doesn't make sense to me?
I think his point is that we should drop most of the defense into coverage and leave a very light front. In other words, do the exact opposite of stacking the box.
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:35 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I would not call Tarrell Brown 1/2 of a lockdown tandem. Everything else I agree with.
i lol'd at that part
Well, it's not like teams are dropping big bombs on us. Less than 13.5 points a game means everybody is playing well. I think we lead all defenses in not allowing plays over 20 yards. In other words, our CBs are doing their job very well.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:36 PM ]
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:37 PM
- stonecold590
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,384
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:Originally posted by global_nomad:Why would our #1 run defense dare GB to run on us. That doesn't make sense to me?
I think his point is that we should drop most of the defense into coverage and leave a very light front. In other words, do the exact opposite of stacking the box.
Exactly, do not stack the box and dare them to run with the light front.
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM
- carl
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,754
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Why would our #1 run defense dare GB to run on us. That doesn't make sense to me?
The 49ers can get QB pressure with their front four and drop seven into coverage, or in other words "dare to run". They've been doing it all season.
Rodgers is a better QB (statistically) against the blitz. So you don't want to blitz him, but most teams can't consistently get pressure with four DL like the 49ers.
The 49ers are great against the run, so great that they've set a NFL record this year of not allowing a rushing TD in 14 games. Green Bay isn't so good at running, so that will be even less pressure on the 49ers defense, in theory.
A lot of signs pointing to a good 49ers matchup defensively against the Packers... Oh, and Packers are bottom 10 in run defense. Did I mention that?
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
Originally posted by boast:
i have no doubt Justin and Aldon can do some major damage to the Pack. i'm talking being a real disruptive force. especially if their o-line is still banged up come late January.
as a fan of the Niners and the NFL, i hope we get to see this match-up.
imagine if we can get that kind of pressure from the other side
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM
- okdkid
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,726
Tarrell Brown is an extremely solid corner. We need to make sure he is around for years to come.