LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
AB, is this the last year that teams can roll over their unused cap space to the next year? Or is that going to continue indefinitely?

Essentially, how much cap space should the Niners try to have going into the season. Most of their talent is tied up in long-term deals, so is it wise to have unused cap space after this year?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
So where are all the posters here that we're sending him s**t on twitter last offseason saying they didn't want him back and good riddance?

My fav was when everybody across Twitter had removed him from their friends list, he lost at least 2,000 friends within the hour, than they call came crawling back (and Dashon was all like, "yeah you can all come crawlin' back!") hahahaahahah!!!

Kind of like how he came crawling back to the 9ers after getting embarrassed in free agency?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
AB, is this the last year that teams can roll over their unused cap space to the next year? Or is that going to continue indefinitely?

Essentially, how much cap space should the Niners try to have going into the season. Most of their talent is tied up in long-term deals, so is it wise to have unused cap space after this year?

I believe you will be able to carryover at least this season coming up, The new league spending doesn't go into effect until 2013 season. I imagine whatever is left ove from what isnt spent, I think its around 93% of each teams cap, the rest can be carried over the next season.

Cap wise into the season, I would think around 2-3M is safe to have. Usually I would go with 5M, but the cap isnt going up a lot, so 2-3M is what I would do. But for teams like KC, Tampa and Cincinnati will have a s**t ton going in.

Future wise we will have a little over 97M for 2013 committed right now with draft picks projected for the 2012 draft. This will be added to with new deals for Alex, Costanzo, possibly Goldson if he gets extended before july. Others who might add into it are Rogers if we re-sign him, and Morgan. Snyder and Ginn are question marks, not sure we get them back. But of the 97M, we have a good amount of guys who wont be on the active roster in september. They have minimum salaries, and that adds up.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Nevermind that was an old post. lol

I really hope we pay the guy he's an elite safety a great hitter and a ball hawk. Our coaches really taught him that its not all about the big hit and more of wrapping up when he needs to, but he delivers some huge hits

Pay the guy he deserves it
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by niner4life21:

The Hawk

what an awesome video

PAY DA MAN!

Its so easy to forget how valuable a player is..... .........Nice to have him next year, but I want him for years to come.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Its so easy to forget how valuable a player is..... .........Nice to have him next year, but I want him for years to come.

I agree
He's truly become an elite safety

I agree
He's truly become an elite safety

lol, dont tell walterfootball.com's guys, they think he is overrated.

I agree he has improved, and will do so with more time, he fits the scheme nicely. Hard hitting Safety, who can cover at times. And a Ball Hawk.

The Hawk

what an awesome video

PAY DA MAN!

He's totally a ballhawk. Always in the right place at the right time. You either have that or you don't. Yet many on the WZ and Walter Football are totally convinced he is garbage.....

He's a top 5 Safety. I'd be fine with $6 million a year for a long term deal.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows
49ers give Goldson "non-exclusive" tag. Technically, he can still hit FA market. But 49ers can match offers, compensation = two 1st rd picks

I love Goldson but I think I would love 2 first round picks for him even more.
THIS

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

wtf?? lol

LMAO

Congrats! Good to be retaining the hawk

Can we get one of these for how to spell, Carlos Rogers? AKA "Rodgers."

Seriously, it's embarrassing!
curious to see him have back to back solid years

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

The Hawk

what an awesome video

PAY DA MAN!

He's totally a ballhawk. Always in the right place at the right time. You either have that or you don't. Yet many on the WZ and Walter Football are totally convinced he is garbage.....

He's a top 5 Safety. I'd be fine with $6 million a year for a long term deal.

Pay the Hawk, we finally have a good safety tandem. Pay the man

The Hawk

what an awesome video

PAY DA MAN!

lol anthony davis in that video at 2:10 that guy is just having the time of his life in the nfl
Share 49ersWebzone