There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Well I told you so. It was a good move.....
Breaking news from 12/20/2011......

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/161475-franchise-tag-dashon-goldson/
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Nothing against Goldson but I would rather take the two 1st round picks

yeah i seen this.. so how would we get the 2 1st round picks? if he holds out?? or if we trade him hes worth 2 1st round picks? Can someone please clarify this

He is still a free agent. If he finds a team to give him a nice big contract, the 49ers can match or let him go. If they let him go, the team that signs Goldson has to give the 49ers two first round picks as compensation. Smart move, really. I don't see it happening, though.

niceee. so itd be like this years 1st and next years 1st?? shoot give me that deal haha !!!

1) No team will give 2 first round picks for him

2) I'd rather have Goldson, an elite and proven safety, than 2 players you have no clue how will turn out
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Nothing against Goldson but I would rather take the two 1st round picks

yeah i seen this.. so how would we get the 2 1st round picks? if he holds out?? or if we trade him hes worth 2 1st round picks? Can someone please clarify this

He is still a free agent. If he finds a team to give him a nice big contract, the 49ers can match or let him go. If they let him go, the team that signs Goldson has to give the 49ers two first round picks as compensation. Smart move, really. I don't see it happening, though.

niceee. so itd be like this years 1st and next years 1st?? shoot give me that deal haha !!!

1) No team will give 2 first round picks for him

2) I'd rather have Goldson, an elite and proven safety, than 2 players you have no clue how will turn out

+1
Originally posted by ImaMod:
1) No team will give 2 first round picks for him

2) I'd rather have Goldson, an elite and proven safety, than 2 players you have no clue how will turn out

Oh how I wish you where a GM.....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
1) No team will give 2 first round picks for him

2) I'd rather have Goldson, an elite and proven safety, than 2 players you have no clue how will turn out

Oh how I wish you where a GM.....

I am.
He has obvious value. Rodgers not so much over thirty won't land ya 8 million a year. CFinn younger likely cheaper and will be dominate in our D. The heat our DLine makes corner less important.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
He has obvious value. Rodgers not so much over thirty won't land ya 8 million a year. CFinn younger likely cheaper and will be dominate in our D. The heat our DLine makes corner less important.

I'm going to disagree to an extent because Rogers covered the slot Wr on third downs a lot of the time in man to man coverage. Covering that slot with no safety help is not easy.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
He has obvious value. Rodgers not so much over thirty won't land ya 8 million a year. CFinn younger likely cheaper and will be dominate in our D. The heat our DLine makes corner less important.

I'm going to disagree to an extent because Rogers covered the slot Wr on third downs a lot of the time in man to man coverage. Covering that slot with no safety help is not easy.


And as Wodo pointed out, there were plenty of times that the D got coverage sacks. Even when QBs had time, there was nowhere to throw.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Goldson just said he ain't signing that s**t.

crap. Come on 9ers, get it done!!!

What does it matter though? If they tag him then he really has no say in this, right?

That's what I was thinking. I guess he could not sign and holdout for a long term deal. Not 100 percent sure though.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Overkill:
That's mine bottling.

Thats really a moo point

I could care less.

Irregardless, this thread is dead for all insensitive purposes.

Yeah, we all knew Goldson was a shoe-in to be franchised.

True, but it does take two to tangle.

True....but it is a good decision on there part. Are front office is doing well.

Now your just putting our FO on a pedal stool
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows
49ers give Goldson "non-exclusive" tag. Technically, he can still hit FA market. But 49ers can match offers, compensation = two 1st rd picks


I love Goldson but I think I would love 2 first round picks for him even more.
THIS

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

wtf?? lol

LMAO

Congrats! Good to be retaining the hawk
Good deal, I'd like to see him continue to get better in this defensive scheme. He had a good year before and then stunk it up. Hope he can be consistent now.
Goldson tweeted me last night. he told me he's happy about being a niner again next season. Great news.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Goldson tweeted me last night. he told me he's happy about being a niner again next season. Great news.

So tell him to sign the Franchise agreement.