**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Nothing against Goldson but I would rather take the two 1st round picks

yeah i seen this.. so how would we get the 2 1st round picks? if he holds out?? or if we trade him hes worth 2 1st round picks? Can someone please clarify this

He is still a free agent. If he finds a team to give him a nice big contract, the 49ers can match or let him go. If they let him go, the team that signs Goldson has to give the 49ers two first round picks as compensation. Smart move, really. I don't see it happening, though.

niceee. so itd be like this years 1st and next years 1st?? shoot give me that deal haha !!!

Kind of nice the 49ers put this type of tag on him. It at least allows him to test FA although as noted, no one is going to sign him for two 1st rounders.

yeah i dont see anybody giving that up plus a load of $ for a safety. now a proven quarterback would be a different story.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Nothing against Goldson but I would rather take the two 1st round picks

yeah i seen this.. so how would we get the 2 1st round picks? if he holds out?? or if we trade him hes worth 2 1st round picks? Can someone please clarify this

He is still a free agent. If he finds a team to give him a nice big contract, the 49ers can match or let him go. If they let him go, the team that signs Goldson has to give the 49ers two first round picks as compensation. Smart move, really. I don't see it happening, though.

niceee. so itd be like this years 1st and next years 1st?? shoot give me that deal haha !!!

Kind of nice the 49ers put this type of tag on him. It at least allows him to test FA although as noted, no one is going to sign him for two 1st rounders.

yeah i dont see anybody giving that up plus a load of $ for a safety. now a proven quarterback would be a different story.

So you are saying we should have Franchised Alex
Right thing to do...they can take their time now and work out a long-term deal. As for signing Rogers, unless he comes down from his "fair market value" mantra, there's no way Baalke will sign him before the 13 Mar deadline. If he's willing to sign for less, great, but don't look for that to happen. TB knows he has his replacement in Culliver, if it comes to that.
Hope they work out a long term deal for some cap relieg, so that they can front load Wallace's contract
happened like 3 days ago
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Goldson just said he ain't signing that s**t.

crap. Come on 9ers, get it done!!!

link?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

crap. Come on 9ers, get it done!!!

What does it matter though? If they tag him then he really has no say in this, right?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

link?

sorry, no link. It was a phone call I received.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
oops
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM ]

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

link?

sorry, no link. It was a phone call I received.

Not that your source isnt credible, but we all know he would of tweeted it
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol i think id rather take the 2 first round picks

Who the heck is gonna give two-1st round picks for Goldson. Only players I'd trade two-1st round picks for is Andrew Luck and Andy Lee.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol i think id rather take the 2 first round picks

Who the heck is gonna give two-1st round picks for Goldson. Only players I'd trade two-1st round picks for is Andrew Luck and Andy Lee.

Kolohe, you know Lee isnt worth 2 1st's, it's 10 1st's or no deal,
so we automatically get 2 1st rounds for him now right. quick trade him for luck. it makes perfect smarts
Goldson better sign the dotted line on this one. He already lost a 5yr contract...and this year, no one is going to approach him given the two first round picks tag,etc.
He is 27, have another great year, the contract will come automatically (maybe even this year). It's a business.
Share 49ersWebzone