There are 963 users in the forums
**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG
Jan 26, 2012 at 6:45 PM
- dhp318
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,924
remember when we had Madoo-doo in for him and we lost against the Cowboys? Or better yet, remember Mark Roman and all the things we'd hear from training camp and practice about this kid named Dashon Goldson who was always making plays? Let's not lose him without a proper replacement.
Jan 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
Originally posted by dhp318:
remember when we had Madoo-doo in for him and we lost against the Cowboys? Or better yet, remember Mark Roman and all the things we'd hear from training camp and practice about this kid named Dashon Goldson who was always making plays? Let's not lose him without a proper replacement.
lets not lose him period, lets franchise tag him
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,775
How do players feel about being Franchised?? Like is it something positive for them or do they feel like they're being held back from making major money??? I would think they don't like it.
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
How do players feel about being Franchised?? Like is it something positive for them or do they feel like they're being held back from making major money??? I would think they don't like it.
they pretty much hate it.
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,352
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
How do players feel about being Franchised?? Like is it something positive for them or do they feel like they're being held back from making major money??? I would think they don't like it.
they pretty much hate it.
I don't care if they don't like it. The Chargers do it to Vincent Jackson every year. And he can't leave. So if this keeps our defense intact that's good.
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
How do players feel about being Franchised?? Like is it something positive for them or do they feel like they're being held back from making major money??? I would think they don't like it.
they pretty much hate it.
I don't care if they don't like it. The Chargers do it to Vincent Jackson every year. And he can't leave. So if this keeps our defense intact that's good.
i agree.
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM
- sfout
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
How do players feel about being Franchised?? Like is it something positive for them or do they feel like they're being held back from making major money??? I would think they don't like it.
they pretty much hate it.
Yea no one likes it but it helps if the team is not just being an a** about it(See Matt Forte's situation in Chicago), He's got no chance of a long term deal, poor guy is going to get franchised and if he he has another good year they'll franchise him again then he'll be 28 and right about to hit the proverbial wall of 30.
Back to Dashon.....I bet they franchise him and if he is having a good year they extend him another 5 years for $18-20M making the final figures of his deal including the tag, 5 years for $24-27 million.
EDIT: Likely free agent targets to back up Goldson ook like bob Sanders and Chris Hope. Sanders signed a 1 year deal with SD and ended up getting hurt, IMO I think he is done for good. Hope is 31 years old and if nothing else a more capable back up then Reggie Smith or Madieu Williams.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM ]
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM
- 49erfeeeever808
- Veteran
- Posts: 31,326
This dude deserves it.
Jan 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM
- 80849er4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,846
He played a great season and deserves a Franchise tag....I mean if he pans out like Franklin then do the same thing.....release him....but I fully expect to see him in a niner uniform next year.
Jan 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
he is pretty average in coverage and blew up two of our interceptions in the NFCCG from tarell brown and carlos rogers.
Jan 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM
- ninerfan4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,880
I don't understand the hate for this dude. Do you guys remember Mark Roman do you guys remember keith Lewis??
Jan 27, 2012 at 6:51 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,586
Until we can land an all-star replacement for him, we should keep the Pro Bowler we have.
Jan 27, 2012 at 6:57 PM
- Wodwo
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Until we can land an all-star replacement for him, we should keep the Pro Bowler we have.
This.
It's a bit silly that he even had to type that.
Jan 27, 2012 at 7:05 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Until we can land an all-star replacement for him, we should keep the Pro Bowler we have.
This.
It's a bit silly that he even had to type that.
I think most if not all fans want him back, but what they are afraid of is the 50 million dollar contract. The problem is Goldson probably wants top 5 money, when he's really top 10.
Jan 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM
- SFL49ER
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,952
I don't want to franchise Dashon Goldson.
I want to sign him to a multi year deal at 5 per with incentives to 7+ per.
...before any other free agent we have. Teams look for NFL safeties that can help their team win for years and years. We have that right in front of us. The guy though deserves to get paid. He deserves every bit of the top safetys' salaries because he IS a top safety in this league. We should be very proud of Goldsons performance and commitment to us. He wants to be here. We need to jump at the chance that Goldson is the perfect type of free safety to excel in our defensive system. Physical, fast, range, tall, instinctive in run support, great learner ( bites less on play action).
I love Goldson. I ve always been one of his biggest fans.
And I love the 49ers so much. Its been so long since I got angry at personnel decisions because they always make the right decisions
, but if they don't resign a top 5 safety, then I'm going to be livid f**king pissed.
Cheers guys, how you guys doing on this fine evening?
Still not watching Superbowl, lol
I want to sign him to a multi year deal at 5 per with incentives to 7+ per.
...before any other free agent we have. Teams look for NFL safeties that can help their team win for years and years. We have that right in front of us. The guy though deserves to get paid. He deserves every bit of the top safetys' salaries because he IS a top safety in this league. We should be very proud of Goldsons performance and commitment to us. He wants to be here. We need to jump at the chance that Goldson is the perfect type of free safety to excel in our defensive system. Physical, fast, range, tall, instinctive in run support, great learner ( bites less on play action).
I love Goldson. I ve always been one of his biggest fans.
And I love the 49ers so much. Its been so long since I got angry at personnel decisions because they always make the right decisions
, but if they don't resign a top 5 safety, then I'm going to be livid f**king pissed.Cheers guys, how you guys doing on this fine evening?
Still not watching Superbowl, lol