There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
ya, DG wont be back. Hes gonna want bank and i hope to god the Niners arent the ones to back the truck up

I say the Redskins sign him for 60 million over 4 years. Wouldn't mind him coming back, but it won't happen.
My biggest issue with paying Goldson is a worry that his play will drop off. The fact that he's had a very slow start to his career and has often been injured bothers me. Plus, he turned down a very reasonable 20 million dollar contract. Even if his play is worth more, I dont trust him enough to give him more. I can easily see him getting paid and hitting the coast button.
they wont offer much more then 20 again, lets just hope the success makes him wanna come back. Like I said franchise is like 6.2 mill a year so..
He'll be franchised for sure, now.
Guess who is gonna GET PAID!.....

You guys thought I was crazy when I said franchise tag him. But he is a Pro Bowler now with 6 interceptions. If you think he is going to be cheap now you are kidding yourselves.
Most overrated player on the 49ers.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

THIS.

"Outstanding angles" You're joking right? He constantly takes bad angles in both pass and run support. Just last week he undercut the path Baldwin was running and got totally lost in the play.

"Hits like a truck" Okay - true. He can hit like a truck. But he also whiffs on at LEAST one tackle per game! It drives me nuts.

"Ballhawk" Yeah - considering most of the picks he has are errant throws right to him. He goes up for passes and uses bad angles mentioned previously or completely misses.

Look, I would like him back at the right, low price. But even if he came back, one of our top 3 needs is FS through draft or FA.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

THIS.

"Outstanding angles" You're joking right? He constantly takes bad angles in both pass and run support. Just last week he undercut the path Baldwin was running and got totally lost in the play.

"Hits like a truck" Okay - true. He can hit like a truck. But he also whiffs on at LEAST one tackle per game! It drives me nuts.

"Ballhawk" Yeah - considering most of the picks he has are errant throws right to him. He goes up for passes and uses bad angles mentioned previously or completely misses.

Look, I would like him back at the right, low price. But even if he came back, one of our top 3 needs is FS through draft or FA.

You guys obviously don't watch football.... The guy is a ballhawk and a turnover machine. He was injured last year. 2 years ago he was really good. And great this year. He's been good before. He's really got a sense of where to be. He's always in the right place. You can't teach that or replace it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

THIS.

You guys obviously don't watch football.... The guy is a ballhawk and a turnover machine. He was injured last year. 2 years ago he was really good. And great this year. He's been good before. He's really got a sense of where to be. He's always in the right place. You can't teach that or replace it.
you have got to be kidding

THIS.

Put Reggie Smith in there and see how much you miss him. 6 turnovers goes down to ZERO. In fact more than 6 because he causes fumbles too with his hits. He's one reason for our very positive turnover ratio.

THIS.

Put Reggie Smith in there and see how much you miss him. 6 turnovers goes down to ZERO. In fact more than 6 because he causes fumbles too with his hits. He's one reason for our very positive turnover ratio.

Most of his turnovers have been from tips and overthrows, not because he's a "ballhawk". Dude takes some horrid angles and always late that often not leaves our DBs hanging out to dry. He can lay the wood down... sometimes on his own teammates. He's having a good year, better than 09 and waaaay better than 2010 but he is not a safety i would want to break the bank on.

THIS.

Most of his turnovers have been from tips and overthrows, not because he's a "ballhawk". Dude takes some horrid angles and always late that often not leaves our DBs hanging out to dry. He can lay the wood down... sometimes on his own teammates. He's having a good year, better than 09 and waaaay better than 2010 but he is not a safety i would want to break the bank on.

He was injured in 2010... 2009 was very good. That IS A BALLHAWK to catch the tipped passes. Many safetys just let that fall to the ground like Reggie Smith... Not every guy catches those. Those count as turnovers too. And they happen because he is in the TIP AREA. He is in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME! He causes that.
THIS.

Safety is a weak position throughout the NFL and he'll be VERY hard to replace.

THIS.

He was injured in 2010... 2009 was very good. That IS A BALLHAWK to catch the tipped passes. Many safetys just let that fall to the ground like Reggie Smith... Not every guy catches those. Those count as turnovers too. And they happen because he is in the TIP AREA. He is in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME! He causes that.

I still disagree. He is a liability in coverage imo, as he takes horrible angles. He just isnt a safety i would want to back the truck up to and dump tons of money on. He's too inconsistent. Hes not worth top 5 money.
I still disagree. He is a liability in coverage imo, as he takes horrible angles. He just isnt a safety i would want to back the truck up to and dump tons of money on. He's too inconsistent. Hes not worth top 5 money.

name 5 thats better then him.