1) Aldon Smith: The guy sitting next to me was calling him "All Done" Smith. LOL. He's gonna be a premiere pass rusher on this team for a long time. He's got 13 sack playing primarily from the Nickel (although he was in the game ALOT last night). He was unblockable last night. He was CRUSHING Big Ben all night. They were double teaming him with a RB but he would just run a stunt and they STILL couldn't stop him. What impresses me with him more than anything is the POWER. He'll jack a tackle up off his feet. Even more impressive on one of his rushes was that he got around the corner and when the Tackle moved to block him he essentially stiff armed the tackle with those LONG arms and got to Ben right after the ball was thrown. The strength in those long arms is going to rack up sacks for many, many years. GREAT pick by Baalke and company. Just wait till he really knows what he's doing out here. He's only 21 years old right now. Yikes.
2) Alex Smith: I've supported Alex ALOT over the years, but I have to confess to a few four letter words last night. Those overthrows on the sideline are maddening. I'm not slamming him. He's playing well, but they could really be SOOOO much better if he could just hit some wide open recievers.
3) Stadium: Anyone still wondering why they need to move? SF hasn't lived up to the upkeep on that stadium for years. The biggest surprise last night wasn't that the lights went out. The surprise was that this hasn't happened before. Is the SC plan perfect? No, but I'm pretty sure they could keep the freakin' lights on.
4) Grant: I applaud the guy for doing his best, but he just ain't Patrick Willis. He played very hard, but it became pretty clear on a few occasions that we need to get Patrick back. Its not that Grant is bad. He's not. Its just that we are so used to WIllis being so good. When Patrick missed the tackle on the play he got hurt on, I remember being stunned that he missed a tackle. I like having a guy who surprises you when he DOESN'T make the play.
5) Rogers: I think Washington Redskins fans are looking for the nearest bridge to jump off.
6) Gore: I think he's still banged up. He isn't moving like he did in the middle of the season. He also seems to have lost all ability to catch the ball this season. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but something is up there.
7) Vernon: Good game for Vernon. I haven't seen the TV replay yet, but it really looked like he scored on the throw back play. Doesn't matter as he scored on the next play, but I'm curious if it was a bad call or if I just saw it wrong from the stands.
8) Goldson: Dude was driving me nuts last night. He missed several tackles. Gotta step it up going into the post-season. You can't miss tackles like that against the Saints or Packers.
9) Edwards/Williams: I'd say keep Edwards on the bench, but we dunno what Ginns status is yet. If nothing else, put Williams in at the #2. The Niners were taking that quick out to Williams all night. The next move would be to do the out and up and he could break WIDE open. Don't be surprised if this weekend some DB tries to jump that quick out and Williams breaks upfield and he's open by 10 yards.
10) Gameplan: I have to say I was frustrated last night. The Steelers played one deep safety most of the night and the Slant would have been open. All Night. The only tried once and it was to Swain. Crab can take those slants and do something with them. SLANT. PLEASE.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM ]