LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

So ...eem....was the Cardinals game a ''trap'' game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I knew slacking off against the Cards looks suspicious. I CANT FIND MY OLD THREAD, but after the Zona game, it was unbearable hearing NinerTalk
ccall this team quitters and losers.

II knew that if we gameplanned enough for the ELITE Steelers and beat them, the zona loss would look irreverent. Beating the Steelers would be HUGE.

Props to Harbros

I'd be content if we did more screen plays. This is AWESOME.
We gave up 21 points to a terrible Cardinals team. Yes it was a trap game.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
whatever went wrong, the coaching staff addressed it.
Yes!
well cardinals really wanted that one, they played us like it was their superbowl. guess they got sick of losing to us.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
the seattle game this week is a trap game
it was all Dashon's fault.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I knew slacking off against the Cards looks suspicious. I CANT FIND MY OLD THREAD, but after the Zona game, it was unbearable hearing NinerTalk

II knew that if we gameplanned enough for the ELITE Steelers and beat them, the zona loss would look irreverent. Beating the Steelers would be HUGE.

Props to Harbros

dude pipe down we lost by 2 we cold not score the worst loss this season is by 10 to the Ravens the rest we lost by 5 so 15 points we would be undefeted !
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Props to Harbros

dude pipe down we lost by 2 we cold not score the worst loss this season is by 10 to the Ravens the rest we lost by 5 so 15 points we would be undefeted !
We played crazy sloppy against the Cards and if Kendall makes that catch.....we STILL had a shot.

Harbro admitted under gameplanning a game in the offseason to look ahead.That's why I thought that the zona game was an after thought.

oBeating the Steelers would def boost more morale than beating the Cardinals.

BTW I'm diggin the fact that we beat the steelers without our dudes in Braylon and P Willis
  • dj43
Yes, the AZ game was a trap game but AZ is a better team than their record shows. Skelton has made substantial improvement and the young defense is playing better. ...and they have Larry Fitzgerald. Forget Megatron. I'll take Fitzgerald all day long.

Not at all. We came ready to play and nearly shut their offense down in that first half. Fitz made a great play and Goldson tried to make a great play. Red Zone play calling was dry, very dry (see playaction bootleg in the PIT game). Grant didn't have his best game either.
Divisional games are NOT trap games!
meh every team has:

1 s**tty game
1 last second letdown
1 beating to a hard team

we have gotten one of each this year
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We gave up 21 points to a terrible Cardinals team. Yes it was a trap game.

The Cardinals always play us really well. They have been decimated by injury and are down to backups in many positions and they still put up a great game. Let's give a little credit where credit is due and recognize that their defense held us by our nutz all game and dominated us.
Yup.

The key takeaway from last night's game for me is that we learned from our many mistakes vs. the Cards and corrected them. While I've questioned some of the play calling and lack of imagination on offense the last few weeks, the coaching job all things considered has just been great this year; it seems even better when we compare it to the striking ineptitude of Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary--each one worse than the last.

That we were able to give up no sacks and get 2 red zone TDs against PIT, arguably the top team in the AFC coming in to the game, speaks volumes to the coaching staff. Last night's performance--coaching and execution--gives me a feeling that we're going to a VERY tough out in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone