There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers' WRs

Originally posted by hps49:
True THAT!

Imagine if someone said that they need to get whiter fast in Philly at QB .. that'd be racist. But what you said, just gets overlooked.
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by hps49:
True THAT!

Imagine if someone said that they need to get whiter fast in Philly at QB .. that'd be racist. But what you said, just gets overlooked.

I concurred.
Bottom line:

Our window to the Superbowl is now. A rookie Wr will rarely come in and be a game changer. Most people on this board will tell you that a Wr takes at least 2 to 3 years to really learn the speed and route requirements of the NFL. In addtion, we are picking so far back in the first that it is unlikely we can get a "cant miss prospect." We are much better off picking best player available which hopefully is a passrushing OLB/NT or TE. We should solve our Wr problems with a vet FA.....Garcion/Colston/Mannigham/Wayne/ or any elite WR will be better than any 1st round rookie wr we could get (99 percent probablity). OUR TIME IS NOW!!
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Swain, Hastings, Matthews? ??? Niners wr corp needs to get bigger, faster and blacker fast.

I don't see that colour has anything to do with it. Had you posted that the 49ers need to stock up on white quarterbacks, you would have been warned. I take the view that a comment based on a racial preconception is not acceptable whichever way it is tilted.
we need to go after wallace from steelers he is a sure thing and if we are going to give up a 1st anyway to get a wr we give it to steelers and pay the guy who can stretch the field and can catch , unlike craps**t in the playoffs .
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,260
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Bottom line:

Our window to the Superbowl is now. I have read all 3 books and have loved them all. I would say it is up to her maturity level. Jareb loves the books but he also has a high maturity level since he has read a lot of books like it. Yes there are killings in the book but it does not go into detail it leaves it up to the readers interpretation.A rookie Wr will rarely come in and be a game changer. Most people on this board will tell you that a Wr takes at least 2 to 3 years to really learn the speed and route requirements of the NFL. In addtion, we are picking so far back in the first that it is unlikely we can get a "cant miss prospect." We are much better off picking best player available which hopefully is a passrushing OLB/NT or TE. We should solve our Wr problems with a vet FA.....Garcion/Colston/Mannigham/Wayne/ or any elite WR will be better than any 1st round rookie wr we could get (99 percent probablity). OUR TIME IS NOW!!

1. This is what bugs me with the Crabtree hate, I know he was picked 10th overall or whatever but he needed time to develop, I'll put my own limited on it that if he doesn't break 1K yards, and show some consistency when facing better DBs I want a change. Back on topic, the last 2 years the highest total statistical output from WRs in rounds 1 and 2 during(specifically picks from 15th - 60) their rookie year was like this

1. Torrey Smith 50 rec 841 yards 7 TDs
2. Greg Little 61 rec 709 yards 2 TDs
3. Titus Young 48 rec 607 yards 6 TDs
4. Dez Bryant 45 rec 561 yards 6 TDs
5. Arrelious Benn 25 rec 395 yards 2 TDs
6. Randall Cobb 25 rec 375 yards 1 TD
7. Jon Baldwin 21 rec 254 yards 1 TD
8. Golden Tate 21 rec 227 yards 0 TD

#1, 2, and 4 come from pass happy offenses and on top of that out of the 3 with 2 years experience only Dez Bryant was able to make a big impact his 2nd year(900+ yards, 9 TDs). The other 2 only showed marginal improvement, whether that was due to qb play, coaching, etc remains to be seen.

All situations are different, we arent the cowboys, seahawks, or bucs so we cant say our hypothetical 1st or 2nd round WR would be the same way but its just a barometer for talent. WRs picked between the 15th - 60th picks(and typical WRs in general) have a fairly substancial learning curve when going into the NFL.

No one on this board should be thinking that a WR picked at #30 or at #60 will come in and put Crabtree to shame, in fact it would either make Crabtree look better or at the very worst show Crabtree is #2. If we are looking to win now we will throw tons of cash and Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston otherwise get used to watching Crabtree and a rookie WR develop for a year or 2. We got to the NFCC with nothing but Crabtree and VD as viable pass catchers, so adding a quality rookie let alone a beast like Colston or VJAX will probably put us over the top.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Bottom line:

Our window to the Superbowl is now. I have read all 3 books and have loved them all. I would say it is up to her maturity level. Jareb loves the books but he also has a high maturity level since he has read a lot of books like it. Yes there are killings in the book but it does not go into detail it leaves it up to the readers interpretation.A rookie Wr will rarely come in and be a game changer. Most people on this board will tell you that a Wr takes at least 2 to 3 years to really learn the speed and route requirements of the NFL. In addtion, we are picking so far back in the first that it is unlikely we can get a "cant miss prospect." We are much better off picking best player available which hopefully is a passrushing OLB/NT or TE. We should solve our Wr problems with a vet FA.....Garcion/Colston/Mannigham/Wayne/ or any elite WR will be better than any 1st round rookie wr we could get (99 percent probablity). OUR TIME IS NOW!!

1. This is what bugs me with the Crabtree hate, I know he was picked 10th overall or whatever but he needed time to develop, I'll put my own limited on it that if he doesn't break 1K yards, and show some consistency when facing better DBs I want a change. Back on topic, the last 2 years the highest total statistical output from WRs in rounds 1 and 2 during(specifically picks from 15th - 60) their rookie year was like this

1. Torrey Smith 50 rec 841 yards 7 TDs
2. Greg Little 61 rec 709 yards 2 TDs
3. Titus Young 48 rec 607 yards 6 TDs
4. Dez Bryant 45 rec 561 yards 6 TDs
5. Arrelious Benn 25 rec 395 yards 2 TDs
6. Randall Cobb 25 rec 375 yards 1 TD
7. Jon Baldwin 21 rec 254 yards 1 TD
8. Golden Tate 21 rec 227 yards 0 TD

#1, 2, and 4 come from pass happy offenses and on top of that out of the 3 with 2 years experience only Dez Bryant was able to make a big impact his 2nd year(900+ yards, 9 TDs). The other 2 only showed marginal improvement, whether that was due to qb play, coaching, etc remains to be seen.

All situations are different, we arent the cowboys, seahawks, or bucs so we cant say our hypothetical 1st or 2nd round WR would be the same way but its just a barometer for talent. WRs picked between the 15th - 60th picks(and typical WRs in general) have a fairly substancial learning curve when going into the NFL.

No one on this board should be thinking that a WR picked at #30 or at #60 will come in and put Crabtree to shame, in fact it would either make Crabtree look better or at the very worst show Crabtree is #2. If we are looking to win now we will throw tons of cash and Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston otherwise get used to watching Crabtree and a rookie WR develop for a year or 2. We got to the NFCC with nothing but Crabtree and VD as viable pass catchers, so adding a quality rookie let alone a beast like Colston or VJAX will probably put us over the top.

WTF did you do to my quote......LOL
Originally posted by cNiner:
we need to go after wallace from steelers he is a sure thing and if we are going to give up a 1st anyway to get a wr we give it to steelers and pay the guy who can stretch the field and can catch , unlike craps**t in the playoffs .

Wallace for the #30 pick would be a bargain. I just don't think other teams will stand back and let the 49ers just waltz in and grab him. There will be others who offer an earlier pick or better package.
Originally posted by sfout:
1. This is what bugs me with the Crabtree hate, I know he was picked 10th overall or whatever but he needed time to develop, I'll put my own limited on it that if he doesn't break 1K yards, and show some consistency when facing better DBs I want a change. Back on topic, the last 2 years the highest total statistical output from WRs in rounds 1 and 2 during(specifically picks from 15th - 60) their rookie year was like this

1. Torrey Smith 50 rec 841 yards 7 TDs
2. Greg Little 61 rec 709 yards 2 TDs
3. Titus Young 48 rec 607 yards 6 TDs
4. Dez Bryant 45 rec 561 yards 6 TDs
5. Arrelious Benn 25 rec 395 yards 2 TDs
6. Randall Cobb 25 rec 375 yards 1 TD
7. Jon Baldwin 21 rec 254 yards 1 TD
8. Golden Tate 21 rec 227 yards 0 TD

#1, 2, and 4 come from pass happy offenses and on top of that out of the 3 with 2 years experience only Dez Bryant was able to make a big impact his 2nd year(900+ yards, 9 TDs). The other 2 only showed marginal improvement, whether that was due to qb play, coaching, etc remains to be seen.

All situations are different, we arent the cowboys, seahawks, or bucs so we cant say our hypothetical 1st or 2nd round WR would be the same way but its just a barometer for talent. WRs picked between the 15th - 60th picks(and typical WRs in general) have a fairly substancial learning curve when going into the NFL.

No one on this board should be thinking that a WR picked at #30 or at #60 will come in and put Crabtree to shame, in fact it would either make Crabtree look better or at the very worst show Crabtree is #2. If we are looking to win now we will throw tons of cash and Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston otherwise get used to watching Crabtree and a rookie WR develop for a year or 2. We got to the NFCC with nothing but Crabtree and VD as viable pass catchers, so adding a quality rookie let alone a beast like Colston or VJAX will probably put us over the top.


I don't hate Crabtree at all. In fact, I'd love for the guy to step up and be more of a team guy or even a "me" guy in the sense that I see him follow Alex around like a puppy does its mother. The dude needs to become "one" with Alex and to this point in his career, I don't think he gets that fact.

I think he's a "me" guy in the sense that he thinks his talent is all it should take to make him the "man".

A guy like Edwards comes in and tries to build that relationship with Alex because he knew thats what it takes.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,260
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
WTF did you do to my quote......LOL

lolz


Originally posted by rk1642:
I don't hate Crabtree at all. In fact, I'd love for the guy to step up and be more of a team guy or even a "me" guy in the sense that I see him follow Alex around like a puppy does its mother. The dude needs to become "one" with Alex and to this point in his career, I don't think he gets that fact.

I think he's a "me" guy in the sense that he thinks his talent is all it should take to make him the "man".

A guy like Edwards comes in and tries to build that relationship with Alex because he knew thats what it takes.

yep thats my knock on him to.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Edwards needs to be cut asap.

fixed

susweel is jim harbaugh
Originally posted by sfout:
1. This is what bugs me with the Crabtree hate, I know he was picked 10th overall or whatever but he needed time to develop, I'll put my own limited on it that if he doesn't break 1K yards, and show some consistency when facing better DBs I want a change. Back on topic, the last 2 years the highest total statistical output from WRs in rounds 1 and 2 during(specifically picks from 15th - 60) their rookie year was like this

1. Torrey Smith 50 rec 841 yards 7 TDs
2. Greg Little 61 rec 709 yards 2 TDs
3. Titus Young 48 rec 607 yards 6 TDs
4. Dez Bryant 45 rec 561 yards 6 TDs
5. Arrelious Benn 25 rec 395 yards 2 TDs
6. Randall Cobb 25 rec 375 yards 1 TD
7. Jon Baldwin 21 rec 254 yards 1 TD
8. Golden Tate 21 rec 227 yards 0 TD

#1, 2, and 4 come from pass happy offenses and on top of that out of the 3 with 2 years experience only Dez Bryant was able to make a big impact his 2nd year(900+ yards, 9 TDs). The other 2 only showed marginal improvement, whether that was due to qb play, coaching, etc remains to be seen.

All situations are different, we arent the cowboys, seahawks, or bucs so we cant say our hypothetical 1st or 2nd round WR would be the same way but its just a barometer for talent. WRs picked between the 15th - 60th picks(and typical WRs in general) have a fairly substancial learning curve when going into the NFL.

No one on this board should be thinking that a WR picked at #30 or at #60 will come in and put Crabtree to shame, in fact it would either make Crabtree look better or at the very worst show Crabtree is #2. If we are looking to win now we will throw tons of cash and Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston otherwise get used to watching Crabtree and a rookie WR develop for a year or 2. We got to the NFCC with nothing but Crabtree and VD as viable pass catchers, so adding a quality rookie let alone a beast like Colston or VJAX will probably put us over the top.

#1 the one who produced the most does not come from a pass happy offense... so that there defeats talking about #2 and #4.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,260
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
#1 the one who produced the most does not come from a pass happy offense... so that there defeats talking about #2 and #4.

I'm talking about rookies who are drafted from picks 15-60 I'm not being biased at all. Im just noting that they came from offenses that threw the ball over 100x more then we did. Also you're kidding yourself if you think we will be find a #1 WR at #30 or #60 - there is an off chance he could DEVELOP into Hakeem Nicks(drafted 29th) or he could be Kenny Britt(3 straight 700 yard seasons with 3 good games this year before his ACL injury). The odds of him instantly coming in and putting up better #s then Crabtree's 900+ yards is a ridiculous statement in itself. At #30 you are picking a #2 who will HOPEFULLY DEVELOP into a #1 and if he doesn't he is a good #2.

EDIT I also think this will burn a few people on her lol

The "great" talking head Todd McShay on the WRS in the first this year.

Todd McShay of Scouts Inc. told Sando that he isn't sold on the highest-rated receivers this year.

"I think they're all overrated," McShay told Sando. "That doesn't mean they're not going to be good. I don't think Justin Blackmon is A.J. Green (now with the Bengals) or even Julio (Jones, with the Falcons) or even Michael Crabtree (of the 49ers). He's really, really good, but certainly not Calvin Johnson (Lions) or A.J. Green."
LOLZ
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM ]
they are a lot of WR this draft who could have #1 potential


alshon floyd hill and randle could easily develop into #1 WR

kenall wright could be an elite playmaker in the slot position
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,260
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
they are a lot of WR this draft who could have #1 potential


alshon floyd hill and randle could easily develop into #1 WR

kenall wright could be an elite playmaker in the slot position

this wins.