There are 233 users in the forums

49ers' WRs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
So does our offense. He WAS our #1 WR in terms of production until he went IR.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I really miss Josh Morgan.

So does our offense. He WAS our #1 WR in terms of production until he went IR.

Well, I like Morgan but I'd love him as our #3 or #4 guy.

I think Williams then Crabs are better and or have more potential.

After we draft a wr in the 1st rd this upcoming draft it would move him to that position on the depth chart, which would be a great thing for our O and team!
does anyone know how many times kyle williams has been targeted in the redzone???
Originally posted by Marvin49:
1) Crabtree
2) Williams
3) Ginn
4) My local Garbage Man
5) The dude who mows my lawn
6) Edwards (altho duking it out with my cleaning lady)

Edwards is useless.

I agree but why is Edwards playing so poorly when he was playing so well early in the year? He was a very physical receiver and is now barely able to complete a route. Have to think it is an injury.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Crabtree
2) Williams
3) Ginn

For right now at least.

1) Crabtree

2) Davis

3) Williams

4) Walker

repeat sequence.

Agreed. If we go 5-wide, add in either Ginn or Hunter.

Assuming we re-sign Morgan and draft another receiver or two, I'd gladly take the following:

1)Crabtree
2)Morgan
3)Williams
4)Rookie
5)Ginn or other Rookie
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:45 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersfantic:
does anyone know how many times kyle williams has been targeted in the redzone???

As far as i can remember, twice, and both were TDs...
ok what i thought they really need to target him more in the redzone with his hands i have a feeling he will get more points there for us. I see him being one the best receiver for the team he could be one of the greats.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Edwards needs to be cut asap.

fixed

I think it's safe to say the Braylon Edwards experiment failed......

as much as I hate fat ryan, he's pretty smart
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
1) Crabtree
2) Williams
3) Ginn
4) My local Garbage Man
5) The dude who mows my lawn
6) Edwards (altho duking it out with my cleaning lady)

Edwards is useless.

I agree but why is Edwards playing so poorly when he was playing so well early in the year? He was a very physical receiver and is now barely able to complete a route. Have to think it is an injury.

LOL. Edwards is playing pretty bad. He can't run. And he can't catch. And he hasn't been very physical blocking in the run game. So I'm not sure what his value is this year?....
This is going to sound horrible, but what's up with all the white WRs we are signing? Is Harbaugh implementing the NFLs version of affermative action?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
This is going to sound horrible, but what's up with all the white WRs we are signing? Is Harbaugh implementing the NFLs version of affermative action?

I hope you're just being coy because it's obvious that he's a ps guy who might win the #5 gig next season.

Don't you guys feel that we will upgrade at WR on getting guys healthy or more playing time due to more experience alone? Getting Morgan back already adds a starting caliber WR. Getting Williams more playing time already adds that quick tough to cover speed guy.

All we are missing is that tall deep target.

FYI, EVERY muthaf**ken team wants THAT WR no different than every team wants that Aaron Rodgers/Brees/Eli/Peyton QB.
Morgan may not be that game breaking WR, but he's dependable, and Smith seems to look for him more often than not when he need a spark in the passing game. Morgan TD started a come back against he Eagles. In the next game late in the 4th when the team needed a 1st down to close out the game, Kaep threw a 5yds pass to Morgan. He came back to Morgan again to convert a 4th down. The same play Morgan broke his leg.

I would not count Morgan out next year as a #2.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM ]

fixed

i come here to laugh

fixed

i come here to laugh
Originally posted by sfout:

I hope you're just being coy because it's obvious that he's a ps guy who might win the #5 gig next season.

Not sure I fit any of these descriptions, but I didn't even read the article. I just saw that we signed a WR to a futures contract and it was a white guy. That's about the depth of my comment.

coy (koi) adj. coy·er, coy·est 1. Tending to avoid people and social situations; reserved.
2. Affectedly and usually flirtatiously shy or modest. See Synonyms at shy1.
3. Annoyingly unwilling to make a commitment.
Share 49ersWebzone