There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Grades per Grant Cohn

Originally posted by Shaj:
Smith is great when he has a devastating defense and devastating ST and outstanding oline blocking and perfect coaching and receivers that never drop the ball. He is not clutch in the absence of any of those though. Our O is not playoff worthy. Today's game was very sobering to watch.

You are shortsighted and truly don't understand whats going on do you?

Cohn is absolutely correct in his assessment.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
You are shortsighted and truly don't understand whats going on do you?

Cohn is absolutely correct in his assessment.

he may be right that we should have run more, but the statistical case he makes is severely flawed.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
the same kohn head that predicted the niners would blow out the baltimore ravens 30-3. This guys a clown and predicts a niners victory every week,. They lose and everybody gets low grades. WHO CARES WHAT THIS TOOL THINKS.. Little shocking that an experienced zoner like you jeff really gives a hoot about this guys comments or grades. Hes irrelevent as far as im concerned.

ya i agree with you
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
and take away a touchdown scored by the cardinals and we win the game. I don't understand your logic.

clearly you don't understand statistical analysis 101

if you're making an argument based on stats, you have to account for outliers. this isn't a win the game or lose the game argument. this is an argument saying that because of his average of 7.1 he should have had more carries, yet if you subtract 1 carry, that average takes a nosedive. if you presented that as analysis in a business setting, you'd lose your job over that kind of shotty analysis.

include Kendall hunters stats and its obvious the run game wasnt working. Its not that we should have ran more, its that our coaches failed to call plays to exploit the Cardinals defense like screen passes/boots/etc
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
and take away a touchdown scored by the cardinals and we win the game. I don't understand your logic.

clearly you don't understand statistical analysis 101

if you're making an argument based on stats, you have to account for outliers. this isn't a win the game or lose the game argument. this is an argument saying that because of his average of 7.1 he should have had more carries, yet if you subtract 1 carry, that average takes a nosedive. if you presented that as analysis in a business setting, you'd lose your job over that kind of shotty analysis.

include Kendall hunters stats and its obvious the run game wasnt working. Its not that we should have ran more, its that our coaches failed to call plays to exploit the Cardinals defense like screen passes/boots/etc
roman is so dumb, he sees freaking defenses non stop blitzing and being so aggressive and we just throw 1 screen and surprise it goes for 10 yds and a 1st. roman mustve gone to the oc school of jimmy raye
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
roman is so dumb, he sees freaking defenses non stop blitzing and being so aggressive and we just throw 1 screen and surprise it goes for 10 yds and a 1st. roman mustve gone to the oc school of jimmy raye

lol
The question I would have about the grades is the LB grade. Willis usually attacks when he sees the QB start to run. Arizona's QB had too much room to scramble and then run up the middle. Where was Grant? I know that Willis plays a lot of coverage but either he or Bowman are usually patrolling the middle. Is it a matter of Grant not quite up to speed or did Arizona do something to draw the D far from the LOS?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The question I would have about the grades is the LB grade. Willis usually attacks when he sees the QB start to run. Arizona's QB had too much room to scramble and then run up the middle. Where was Grant? I know that Willis plays a lot of coverage but either he or Bowman are usually patrolling the middle. Is it a matter of Grant not quite up to speed or did Arizona do something to draw the D far from the LOS?

Willis' instincts and awareness are off the charts. He can sense whats going on like a second nature kinda thing. I.E. he is a great football player.

That coupled with his physical skills makes him a dominating force.

Grant e doesn't have that awareness
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Willis' instincts and awareness are off the charts. He can sense whats going on like a second nature kinda thing. I.E. he is a great football player.

That coupled with his physical skills makes him a dominating force.

Grant e doesn't have that awareness

Agree with this but many plays there were no LBs anywhere near the LOS. Skelton had all day to get by the 3 DL and wander for a first down. Seemed like a breakdown...and I agree it would not have happened with Willis on board. Just gives an added appreciation for the guy.
we have to find replacements for Delanie Walker and Edwards--they get small when the moment gets big. The offensive line has lapses--but it should get better in future years. The QB situation---Smith is having a pretty good year--but it is a position that can be significantly improved upon. I think the league has caught up to the Harbaugh/Roman offense--now it is the Niners turn to adapt again. It is like baseball hitting and pitching---they adapt--you have to adapt back.
Total agreement with Grant on his assessment.. Somebody/some people, needs to get their head out their a$$

Only 7 days till Monday with New Orleans breathin heavy down our back..nasty fo sure..
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Quarterback: C-. Alex Smith muffed what should have been the signature play of his career. On fourth down – the last play of the game – he rolled right, searching for a receiver. He looked like Joe Montana before he made the throw that led to the "The Catch," except he didn't throw it. He spun to his left to buy more time, and then he spun to his right once more. At this point he was 25 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Then he sprinted toward the line of scrimmage, pointed at Kendall Hunter, stopped running, set his feet and overthrew a simple 20-yard pass to Hunter, who was crossing the field towards the right sideline. Hunter had to dive just to get his fingertips on the ball. Smith has to make that throw – has to. He didn't, and the Niners lost. Here are his stats: 18 for 37, 175 yards, 62.3 rating. His completion percentage wouldn't have been as low as it was (49%) if his receivers hadn't dropped so many passes, but he still didn't play well enough to win.
That is funny because the Montana throw was not very good Dwight Clark made a great catch. Hunter let it go threw his hands not fingers.

Dude, Dwight Clark was a tall possession receiver, Kendall Hunter is a 5'7" RB. GTFO of here!!!!!

Well known fact Walsh created the play for the Dallas pass rush and that Montana and Clack practiced the high corner zone pass a lot before that game. Walsh's thought was if the play didn't get 6 then at least no on else had a play on the ball, so there would be time for another call..
I'm going to have to defend the coaching staff on resting Gore. IMO if u still look at him, he's not 100%. save his strength for the postseason. I know Hunter wasnt looking so good today but they should've kept up with the run game. I have even more respect for Gore when I see how the offensive costing staff gets more and more exposed. We did fine without him in Giants game because of the element of surprise. This guy has really carried the offense throughout this whole season and our record is what it is thanks to him, the defense and special teams.
CALL A F**KIN SCREEN PASS!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO THE SCREEN PASS! GEEZ

YEAH HARBAUGH LETS JUST KEEP RUNNING RIGHT AT THE BLITZ AND CALLING PLAY ACTION PASSES THAT WORKS EVERYTIME

watching this game and the ravens game has seriously taken a couple of years off my life, thanks alot roman/harbaugh who ever is calling the plays
Thanks to whoever mentioned firing Roman after this season. Gave me a really good laugh.