LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Niners and Saints tied now.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Saints are a totally different team on the road, especially on a grass field. We will beat Pitt and take the number two seed. We have proven all the haters, like the ones in this thread, wrong all year.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Saints are a totally different team on the road, especially on a grass field. We will beat Pitt and take the number two seed. We have proven all the haters, like the ones in this thread, wrong all year.

That's the spirit!!
Originally posted by Kastion:

what's with all the lock thread alerts?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're 9-2 in the NFC Win/loss differential with a tie-breaker, NO is 6-2. For NO to seal the 2nd seed they need to win out the rest of the season, and the 49ers need to lose 2/3 of their remaining games.

Sorry, but I still don't see us losing the 2nd round bye.

I might be reading this wrong, but I don't think that is right. If Saints win out, the 49ers must win out. They currently have the same record at 10-3. 13-3 > 12-4. NFC win/loss doesn't matter then.

The Saints play &MIN, ATL, CAR

49ers play PIT, &SEA, &STL

The schedule favors the Saints IMO.

This is what bothers me most about this loss. We needed the Arizona game to give us some wiggle room, but now we have to beat Pitt then play Seattle at their crazy place on Saturday (WTF?). We're in trouble.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by 16to87:
what's with all the lock thread a

Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by Kastion:

what's with all the lock thread alerts?
just a hater
We're 9-2 in the NFC Win/loss differential with a tie-breaker, NO is 6-2. For NO to seal the 2nd seed they need to win out the rest of the season, and the 49ers need to lose 2/3 of their remaining games.

I might be reading this wrong, but I don't think that is right. If Saints win out, the 49ers must win out. They currently have the same record at 10-3. 13-3 > 12-4. NFC win/loss doesn't matter then.

If that so happens, then the Saints lose to a hungry Falcons team fighting to secure a wildcard berth, and the 49ers slip up one to Seattle; and if we're tied at that point, the conference wins break all and we take the 2nd.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
This is what bothers me most about this loss. We needed the Arizona game to give us some wiggle room, but now we have to beat Pitt then play Seattle at their crazy place on Saturday (WTF?). We're in trouble.

I wouldn't say we are in trouble. We still control our own destiny. There just is no margin for error from here on out unless NO loses a game.
Originally posted by Envy:

That's the spirit!!

this is the whole b***h of of what you just said. the team wraps up the division crown early and then the rest of the games against the division teams they want to kick our teeth in and expose us. the team better make a point against the steelers next monday and definitiely go to seattle and kick the crap out of the sea chicks!

Well the bad news there is the Saints don't play on grass anymore for the rest of the regular season.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mandy49er:
this is the whole b***h of of what you just said. the team wraps up the division crown early and then the rest of the games against the division teams they want to kick our teeth in and expose us. the team better make a point against the steelers next monday and definitiely go to seattle and kick the crap out of the sea chicks!

Don't forget the Rams....you cant think it'll be a win for us in their house....we made that mistake today in AZ.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Unfortunate the Saints will probably win out.
  • vaden
  • Veteran

Saints only have one road game left and it's in a dome against a 2-11 team. The bye is almost dead. At this point I just hope we get to face the Lions in the first round.

If N.O. wins out we dont have to lose 2/3 for them to get second seed. We lose once and they win out it is theirs.
If the Saints haven't clinched the South before the Falcons game, then that game is going to be huge. The Falcons play Jacksonville next week and the Saints play Minnesota. The Saints have a 2 game lead with 3 to play. A Falcons loss and the Saints clinch.

The Falcons are capable of beating the Saints (and they would have if Mike Smith hadn't gone stupid).

We still control our own destiny for the second seed, but its going to be tight.
Share 49ersWebzone