LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Niners and Saints tied now.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why in the world would anybody fear a team like the Saints, who lost handily to a two win team, when the Niners have the NFL's top defense?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
against a pathetic Vikings defense......let's keep things in perspective.

It's almost as if this board thinks he's going to break Dan Marino's passing record.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why in the world would anybody fear a team like the Saints, who lost handily to a two win team, when the Niners have the NFL's top defense?

That has to be one of the most asinine comments so far. Under your logic the Packers suck because they lost to a 6 win team. The Ravens suck because they lost to a 4 win team. The Patriots suck because they lost to a 5 win team. Under your logic we should hand the Lombardi trophy to the Steelers since they have yet to lose to an inferior team?
Originally posted by okdkid:

dumb comment. we will probably end up playing the saints in the playoffs(if we get the bye in the 2nd rd at home, if we dont get the bye and win our wild card round game in N.O.). this saints team is almost unbeatable at home or in a dome. they r 6-0 at home and their offense is putting up scary numbers. We need this 2 seed not only to get a 1st rd bye, but to play the saints at home. I feel if we play them at home we have a good chance to beat them, hopefully it will be chilly and a little windy. fast track turf in a dome, drew is very hard to stop.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If that so happens, then the Saints lose to a hungry Falcons team fighting to secure a wildcard berth, and the 49ers slip up one to Seattle; and if we're tied at that point, the conference wins break all and we take the 2nd.

49ers Must win out.. you and half the other people here arent understanding.. New Orleans wins out WE MUST win out.. and we have Pittsburgh and Seattle @home. We lose 1 game we have to hope New Orleans loses 1 in the dome to atlanta, which New orleans hasnt lost yet at home this year so i dont see that happening.. We may have the Tiebreaker but as of now.. New Orleans has the #2 seed, and we are now at the #3 seed since New Orleans just won there game.. Not Rocket science.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
49ers Must win out.. you and half the other people here arent understanding.. New Orleans wins out WE MUST win out.. and we have Pittsburgh and Seattle @home. We lose 1 game we have to hope New Orleans loses 1 in the dome to atlanta, which New orleans hasnt lost yet at home this year so i dont see that happening.. We may have the Tiebreaker but as of now.. New Orleans has the #2 seed, and we are now at the #3 seed since New Orleans just won there game.. Not Rocket science.

Tonight is our last regular season home game.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The New Orleans Saints have had the easiest schedule in the NFL. Their strength of schedule, .429, is the weakest in the league.

Who had the 2nd easiest schedule? The Green Bay Packers at .439.

Niners in the middle of the pack with .480

Food for thought.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If that so happens, then the Saints lose to a hungry Falcons team fighting to secure a wildcard berth, and the 49ers slip up one to Seattle; and if we're tied at that point, the conference wins break all and we take the 2nd.

Well we won, and were again on a short weak... Let's go Mini Jim beat carrols ass. Also, if this is rocket science i'm willing to be the first to stay and live on mars, but i'm going to need pot and p***y, to populate the plant for life!
Magic # is 2 to clinch the #2 spot
Magic # is 2 to clinch the #2 spot

Share 49ersWebzone