Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Niners wont go far into the playoffs unless the red zone problems are fixed.
It really comes down to a bad combined trend:
- Playcalling by Roman has been questionable at best.
- The hands on the 49ers WRs, TEs, and RBs have been flat bad the last few games.
- The offensive line has given up 20 sacks in the last 3 games. TWENTY SACKS. And what's worse is that a lot of the pressure is up the middle, which is far worse than on the ends.
- The running game has been inconsistent at best. Too many 3rd and long plays because running failed on early downs.
- Smith played average at best in the last two road games against BAL and ARZ. But, still, even when he makes a play like the scramble on the 4th and 1 or the 4th down against the Ravens his receivers fail.