There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Start Kyle Williams?

Start Kyle Williams?

Originally posted by dave1003:
We can't give up on Edwards yet. This is a guy who just a couple of years ago had 16 td's. It's not like we are over paying for him, we got him for peanuts this year. If he is healthy, you have to start him.

I think that's the point though, Edwards hasn't been healthy and still doesn't look to be, either.
Starting is such a funny concept in the NFL. Who cares what happens on the first snap?

Anyway, I agree we need to get him involved more. He has looked great out there.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Starting is such a funny concept in the NFL. Who cares what happens on the first snap?

Anyway, I agree we need to get him involved more. He has looked great out there.

Finally! Someone making sense!

It doesn't matter who starts; starters are only starters because they play the first series. What matters is how much playing time players are given.

Kyle Williams should definitely be given more playing time, regardless of whether or not he starts.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Finally! Someone making sense!

It doesn't matter who starts; starters are only starters because they play the first series. What matters is how much playing time players are given.

Kyle Williams should definitely be given more playing time, regardless of whether or not he starts.
I don't know about starting him over Edwards........ I'd like to see what Edwards does in his next game after Williams had a fairly decent game last week.

Either way tho, Williams should be on the field before Ginn IMO. I know the Niners like Ginn's speed, as it opens the field up a little. DBs have to respect his speed, and that should help open up some routes underneath for other players. But what good is he when he drops passes that hit him SQUARE IN THE HANDS! Williams might not have Ginn's speed, but he's pretty quick and play's hungry. Harbaugh needs to get the dude on the field more.
i think by saying he should start implies give him more PT.
Ginn had a better game last week then Braylon had all year. Guy has been a huge disappointment. Just because he hurt his knee doesn't make him drop TD passes in the end zone. Hopefully he will get that s**t together. I look forward to it if he does.
I really hope Edwards is full go 100% now--BUT--he was so awkward and slow the last few weeks---and one week off and everything is now good? It is hard for me to see it---unless most of his issues were mental--not being able to handle not being 100% fit. a mental transformation in one week? We shall see--we really could use him being very productive for the 49ers.
Kyle Williams should start. He is better than Morgan when he is healthy. Braylon needs to be close to 100% before he comes back.
Good time to give him some more reps. Let Edwards work his way back into his starting role for the playoffs, if he can earn it from Williams.
This kid is the key to our offense continuing to grow. Just adds another dimension that teams have to prepare for. Really hoping he continues his growth.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
- Josh Morgan is injured for the season with a broken leg.
- Ted Ginn is a great return man but drops a lot of passes.
- Braylon Edwards has a bad knee and a bad shoulder. He rarely if ever plays. And when he does he limps around 1/2 speed.

- VD is a great TE but he has some drops. Putting Kyle Williams out there gives another SURE HANDED target.

Kyle Williams and Crabtree are probably the 2 best hands guys on the team. In fact I may put Kyle ahead of him. And Kyle is fast too. Real fast with good quickness. Runs great routes too. Tougher than given credit for as well. See the stiffarm.

Have not seen enough of him to cosign on this... Players always say its easy to look good when no one game plan to stop you. As a starter he would be accounted for
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I think it's just a matter of how comfortable the coaches are in placing an entire game-load of offensive planning on the kid. I think with the increased PT he's been getting each week, we're already witnessing that the coaches are gaining more confidence in him as well. It's a beautiful thing. By season's end, he'll likely be our permanent Slot receiver.
I don't see how there can be anymore doubt with this kid. He's a baller and he's proving it every chance he gets. Why Ginn or Edwards are still out there instead of KW? IDK.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I don't see how there can be anymore doubt with this kid. He's a baller and he's proving it every chance he gets. Why Ginn or Edwards are still out there instead of KW? IDK.

This