There are 305 users in the forums

ALDON SMITH SPRINT TO THE SIDELINES

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i could see it being his premeditated celebration for the highlight reel. but initial thought was maybe a sarcastic response to the b******t for excessive on goldson after the pick. anyway good going kid!
the bull rush was pure beast mode, hes only 21 and 260 some pounds... not to mention that he's our only legit pass rusher, our dfense has been legit on 3rd n longs only because of Aldon... look where we were last year, from what i remember... we were one of the worst teams in defending 3rd n longs!
Love this pup, hes got a good head on his shoulders and I can see the C on his jersey in the future if he keeps playing the way he does.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Love this pup, hes got a good head on his shoulders and I can see the C on his jersey in the future if he keeps playing the way he does.

Harbaugh doesn't believe in C's on the jersey... says they are for hockey, not football. But I know what you're say'n.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
That bull rush was one of the most impressive bull rushes I can remember. And to think he's only 22.

Try 20.

Birthday is September 25, 1989. He's 22.

http://www.nfl.com/player/aldonsmith/2495487/profile

your all wrong, hes 99

A fine successor to my user namesake.
Originally posted by captveg:
Here's another one from IGN Football boards:

Just got a sack... ain't excited
I reworded that and watched
3 times!!

LOL
im not sure what was better. the sprint off the field or going right to his seat and sitting down. you cant see it in the gif but he let out a big smile once he sat down.
Loved it....
Aldon with that celebration, I placed an order for my 2nd authentic jersey its a x Mas gift LOL

Not a bad draft pick eh?
Reminded me so much of Napoleon Dynamite after he made the dance moves. Put his head down and ran off the stage. Hella funny!

He's only 22 yrs old. He will terrorized QBs for years
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 5, 2011 at 7:06 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by captveg:
Here's another one from IGN Football boards:

Just got a sack... ain't excited

In my 30+ years of being a Niner fan ..I gotta say that was the most clever QB sack celebration by a 49er......EVER
i love that he made it to the bench before Andy Lee could even stand up.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
And now for Manny Lawson's sack total this year.......

Manny Lawson lack of success as a pass-rusher has more to do with how Nolan taught him and how he used him on the field. Mike Nolan had Manny Lawson focusing on coverage skills, since after all he was converting from DE to OLB and covering TE's, RB's & FB's out of the backfield is a big part of an OLB in a 3-4's job!

People who complain about his so-called lack of pass rushing skills need to realize that Manny Lawson wasn't drafted to be an every down pass-rusher, it was assumed that that's why he was drafted. But Nolan saw him as a part-time pass-rusher/part-time DB which in fact equals OLB in most 3-4 schemes!

Keep in mind, that Nolan ran a hybrid 3-4 defense which had no real structure or foundation. He said that he wanted the defense to adapt and be able adjust to the opposing team's offense on the fly instead of concentrating on making his defense dictate to them what they could run play wise! That's where that bend-but-don't break mind-set came into to play and the players weren't really held accountable when they made mistakes nor taught how to correct said mistake!

Just take into account what Adam Snyder has been doing since last year once he started playing OG exclusively! That makes a huge difference in a player's development, but I guess that's lost on most fans!

That's why players never knew where they were supposed to line-up any given play lead to a lack of communication and continuity. There are articles that state how Nolan never harped on the little details like Harbaugh & Co. do! It was said that they would work on play 2-3 times and whether or not it was executed properly didn't matter, they would move on to something else. In that scenario a team has no plays that they can hang their hat on because there's no one play that they know inside/out and can execute to near perfection because they don't practice any particular play that way!
Share 49ersWebzone