LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gotta win the next two and have the aints lose one....

Then, we can rest the starters in week 16 and during the bye.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by King49er:
We will beat the Saints if they play in SF

We will stop Drew Brees.

I just want the home game so I can go.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

We will stop Drew Brees.

I just want the home game so I can go.

The niners will get a home game. It's just a matter of will it be during the wild card round or divisional round.
We will stop Drew Brees.

Uh... I highly doubt that.

The Niners may stop the Saints. But they're not going to shut down Brees.
Every year wildcard teams seem to upset/dominate; I'm picking the Lions to be the '2009 New York Jets' of the post-season, with the 49ers inheriting the best of the scenario... and I've got a gut feeling I haven't had in ages that MNF will be a Superbowl preview...

One goes home with 6... or one goes home with 7... The Superbowl we were cheated of in 1995 (with the Chargers upsetting the Steelers in the AFC Championship game), in what could have been the battle for 5!
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM ]
^^
That would be soooooo boss!!!

The Titans should have beat them, and actually gave the game away. The Saints do look like a very different team outside away from the Dome.
No way the Lions beat the Saints and Packers! I think the only teams with the chance to beat the champs are the 49ers or maybe Saints.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
We will stop Drew Brees.

Uh... I highly doubt that.

The Niners may stop the Saints. But they're not going to shut down Brees.

They don't need to shut brees down, they jus need to slow him down. Slowin him down is very very do-able if coached & plays are calls rite. Da same can be said bout GB
the lions can beat the packers in the playoffs

shawatz is a brilliant coach

and int he first half of the thanksgiving game roodgers had like 70 or 80 yards or something then after suh got kicked out then he lit it up

and no one on the packers D can stop calvin johnson

as long as stafford doesnt throw too many ints lions can win

as for the saints

just pressure brees

Most likely scenario is the 49ers getting the 3rd seed and Detroit getting the 6th seed. We will likely need to win out to get the 2nd seed unless the Saints lose to Atlanta, which would mean we would have to win 2 of 3.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Detroit could still easily miss the playoffs. Three very tough games: @Oak, SD, @GB. They nearly lost at home to Minnesota, getting lucky that the refs didn't call an obvious facemask. So if we're the 3 seed, which, barring vast improvement by our OL, is very likely, we could face any of: DAL, NYG, SEA, ARI, CHI, DET and even PHI.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Every year wildcard teams seem to upset/dominate; I'm picking the Lions to be the '2009 New York Jets' of the post-season, with the 49ers inheriting the best of the scenario... and I've got a gut feeling I haven't had in ages that MNF will be a Superbowl preview...

One goes home with 6... or one goes home with 7... The Superbowl we were cheated of in 1995 (with the Chargers upsetting the Steelers in the AFC Championship game), in what could have been the battle for 5!

that is one whack as f**k playoff scenario LOL
Originally posted by ninertico:
^^
That would be soooooo boss!!!

Agree
lmao at the Lions beating the Packers.
Share 49ersWebzone