LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Kaepernick should play a half or more once...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kaepernick should play a half or more once...

Not until we clinch the #2 seed
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Why does it have to depend on the season? I think Kaepernick should play only if we have a very secure lead and only in the 4th quarter then.

c/s just like in the tampa bay game. Thing is Jim has to take the rest of the starters out of the game so they don't have another Josh Morgan situation.
Once we clinch the maximum position for the playoffs then yes let CK play. But Alex should play in every game at least for a half till the playoffs.
Why so he could pull a Vince Young?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I'd rather see the great Scott Tolzien.

This.
Is it weird that I'm irrationally excited for the Scott Tolzien era?
If Alex Smith is injured. That is the role for the back up qb. After stating master of the obvious, I think when home field and bye is secured.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
once we lock up the #2 seed, he will get PT.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Is it weird that I'm irrationally excited for the Scott Tolzien era?

I actually think this is the qb rotation with the highest ceiling, or most potential of any 3 qb's the niners have had on their roster since 2000??

I think Kaepernick is being groomed, as is Tolzien. What a great problem to have that the #3 is compteting andpushing the number 2.
If we are up by 4 touchdowns by half time then we should see Kap or Tolzien. Until that happens we are now playing for the number 2 seed and a bye week in the playoffs. That is the goal and we will not be changing so that we can get Kap some live reps.

I say start him first thing 2012.....I mean Jan. 1, 2012.....against the Rams.....
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I say start him first thing 2012.....I mean Jan. 1, 2012.....against the Rams.....

oh you funny guy, the alex crowd will kill you last.
  • Jiks
Alex retires
If we clinch the 2 seed then i wouldnt mind resting some of the starters and letting Kaep and Tolzien play, that would be nice to see.. if not.. we will see em play next pre season
Not for letting Colin play unless its blow out. Alex and our WR's need all the practice they can get with each other, all the extra reps and game time with one another, I think would help tremendously.
Share 49ersWebzone