LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Nobody wanted to come to San Fran!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
I was thinking this earlier this season. No one wanted to be here, but now FA's will be flocking to sign. The 49ers are going to be the new Patriots, where anyone with Superbowl hopes signed there, even if they had to take a huge cut.

The new Patriots? f**k that the niners are the Niners again everyone wanted to sign here for over 2 decades.

I'm sure Nnamdi regrets not signing with the 49ers but in his defense there was no way he or anyone thought the niners would start 9-2. But still Nnamdi should've at least went to a team that would've used him correctly the Eagles have no idea how to use him.
If Nnamdi had done a bit of research on the Eagles and realized they promoted an OLine coach to be the DC....That would be a huge freak'n red flag. But money clouds all judgement.

We will get an improved attitude DeShean Jackson on our team next year
I just want some good solid,hard working players. I don't want flashy guys with bloated contracts.
  • ak49
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
I was thinking this earlier this season. No one wanted to be here, but now FA's will be flocking to sign. The 49ers are going to be the new Patriots, where anyone with Superbowl hopes signed there, even if they had to take a huge cut.

I sure hope so. But the way our anemic offense is playing at the moment, not sure folks would be lining up to play. Defense absolutely. But I think offense especially WR, O-Line (and dare I say QB) would be places of improvement.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
The new Patriots? f**k that the niners are the Niners again everyone wanted to sign here for over 2 decades.

I'm sure Nnamdi regrets not signing with the 49ers but in his defense there was no way he or anyone thought the niners would start 9-2. But still Nnamdi should've at least went to a team that would've used him correctly the Eagles have no idea how to use him.

"everybody" wanted to sign here because there was no cap and we threw money at good free agents. those days are over. we now have to strategically pick and choose based on need and money available. see what happens when you are frivolous with your money (eagles)? it doesn't always pan out.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

"everybody" wanted to sign here because there was no cap and we threw money at good free agents. those days are over. we now have to strategically pick and choose based on need and money available. see what happens when you are frivolous with your money (eagles)? it doesn't always pan out.

yep, and we now use our money smartly. Draft good, extend those who break out, supplement thru free agency.

Our last big name FA was Justin Smith in 08.
Share 49ersWebzone