LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

Nobody wanted to come to San Fran!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I bet a good FA Right Guard is aiming for the Niners next yr, cause they kno they can come to a good team and start and get to the playoffs...Or at least I hope that a good RG will come to the 9ers next year...Gooooo Niners!

we will be drafting OL for probably another 2 years, we want to get younger not older.

I agree but we wasted too many early round draft picks on OL for the past 2-3 yrs, the only solid one was the Mike Iupati pick.. Other than Iupati the rest are still playing like rookies, so we need at least one more veteran with experience to help J.Goodwin out on the line experience wise, and our young guys can learn from a good veteran and should benefit us in the long run. We already have a young OL all they need is some guidance and some experience. I think our OL is going to be the best in the league in 3-4 yrs from now, ofcourse without Rachal..that guy needs to go period.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I bet a good FA Right Guard is aiming for the Niners next yr, cause they kno they can come to a good team and start and get to the playoffs...Or at least I hope that a good RG will come to the 9ers next year...Gooooo Niners!

we will be drafting OL for probably another 2 years, we want to get younger not older.

I agree but we wasted too many early round draft picks on OL for the past 2-3 yrs, the only solid one was the Mike Iupati pick.. Other than Iupati the rest are still playing like rookies, so we need at least one more veteran with experience to help J.Goodwin out on the line experience wise, and our young guys can learn from a good veteran and should benefit us in the long run. We already have a young OL all they need is some guidance and some experience. I think our OL is going to be the best in the league in 3-4 yrs from now, ofcourse without Rachal..that guy needs to go period.

We don't have the cash for a good RG....just the way it works. And Snyder is vet who is decent and can work for the short term.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I like the idea, but do you think DeSean fits the mold of a Harbaugh player?
He's a good football player when he wants to play, but if he doesn't get his way he seems to be a pouter.....

Like in the Giants game, when the Eagles were backed up at their own 2 or so, and Jackson caught an awesome 50-ish yard bomb...and then threw the ball at a coach, got flagged for taunting, and continued to dance...

Yeah, we really don't need that here! Would be nice to have a big play guy on the outside to stretch the field, but we also need someone sure-handed for 3rd downs - and Jackson doesn't qualify.
Originally posted by King49er:
Harbaugh will sign whatever FA he wants, whether they like it or not...He's Jim f**king Harbaugh

THIS And I'm perfectly fine with it..... GO NINERS
To say that Anthony Davis is playing like a rookie is absurd, Our Oline with no offseason took some time to gel at the beginning of the season and then was absolutely dominant for a long stretch. They had a rough game against Baltimore on a short week. We have had some really good O-line pics the last 2 or 3 years. Yes Chilo hasnt been great, but Iupati, Davis, Boone, Staley, Kilgore is athletic as hell and is gonna be really good. They are all good picks. Anthony Davis is mean and nasty! Gets better everyday!
Mario Manningham would be a good add! I think he is a FA and now that Cruz has stepped up they can afford to let one go!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
MANNING!!!!!!!!
I agree - a RG FA might actually target the 49ers. I like the idea of Nicks or the Charges RG. IMHO, I suspect the coaching staff draws this conclusion from this year:

1. RT - Anthony Davis can develop into a solid starter, and may even ultimately be better at LT
2. RG - need upgrade, Rachel set free (not sure if they have someone on the roster in mind to develop)
3. C - I suspect they draft a RG/C type to develop (Is Goodwin signed for more than 1 year?)
4. LG - Good there
5. LT - Staley is only serviceable IMHO. I think they will be eying a way to upgrade this spot, maybe not immediately, but eventually. Unfortunately, he has a few years left on his contract. For a while I thought they might try and swap AD and Staley, but Staley is not a good RT option either because he is not a powerful run blocker.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I agree - a RG FA might actually target the 49ers. I like the idea of Nicks or the Charges RG. IMHO, I suspect the coaching staff draws this conclusion from this year:

1. RT - Anthony Davis can develop into a solid starter, and may even ultimately be better at LT
2. RG - need upgrade, Rachel set free (not sure if they have someone on the roster in mind to develop)
3. C - I suspect they draft a RG/C type to develop (Is Goodwin signed for more than 1 year?)
4. LG - Good there
5. LT - Staley is only serviceable IMHO. I think they will be eying a way to upgrade this spot, maybe not immediately, but eventually. Unfortunately, he has a few years left on his contract. For a while I thought they might try and swap AD and Staley, but Staley is not a good RT option either because he is not a powerful run blocker.

Carl Nicks is a tremendous OG, but no way we over spend for a Guard. I cant see giving up a ton of money for him. Plus I wouldnt be surprised if Saints tag him if Brees agrees before new league yr.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Still don't know that WRs will line up to come and play in Harbaugh's system. Those guys who check their stats between every play will want to play for pass happy teams. That is why I would like to pick up FAs for the D and draft a WR or two very high.

Yep! This is true!

another CB would be nice then we could draft a WR first and a RG in the 2nd or third round
Originally posted by verb1der:
yeah but I'm just speaking from Nnamdi's perspective, I bet he regrets leaving the Bay Area, football is good to us this year.

s**t, even the raiders look good in comparison to the eagles...
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
yeah but I'm just speaking from Nnamdi's perspective, I bet he regrets leaving the Bay Area, football is good to us this year.

s**t, even the raiders look good in comparison to the eagles...

Good one
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The Eagles wish Asomugha stayed in the Bay Area too.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
He was better off in the Bay.. I bet he finds a way to come back.

Maybe his contract had a clause where he's back to being a UFA if he doesn't reach certain stuff.... Can anyone tell me if he has any?

Re sign Rogers, Brooks, more depth at SS & FS, draft a RG, C.

WR's who block have to play hear, and I don't think DJ would want to do that all the time... He looks like he's a stat guy.
Share 49ersWebzone