There are 629 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Nobody wanted to come to San Fran!

Harbaugh will sign whatever FA he wants, whether they like it or not...He's Jim f**king Harbaugh
Ironically I think this team could become worst with star FA's. I hope we limit ourselves to one big FA only in the off season
Joshua Morgan, pre-injury, was having a career year. Right after he went down, I remember reading that the Niners were committed to re-upping him this offseason. I doubt we will spend money on another wideout, regardless of well he would fit in the system. Plus, I think the Niners really like Kyle Williams
Peyton manning will be released by Colts b4 2012 draft. They draft Luck we get Peyton!!!
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Peyton manning will be released by Colts b4 2012 draft. They draft Luck we get Peyton!!!

His career is over man. Plus now that we are a playoff type of team, you don't want a postseason choker at QB
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
Who knows, maybe with the way Desean Jackson is playing now, he'll lower his market value when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

Sorry Dan, that dude is nothing more than an updated T.O. and is an absolute cancer. Jackson has just about played his way out of an NFL lineup. He shot his mouth off at Cal and left a year early and he's now worn out his second welcome in Philly. Someone might pick him up and give him a third and final chance, but he's not going to get the kind of money or contract safety that he wants. He's proven that he's not worth the risk.

Look no further than Braylon Edwards. Dude shot his mouth off and washed out of several NFL franchises. Not because he didn't have talent. He has loads of talent. The problem is he's a "me first" and not a "team first" kind of guy. Do you know why we got Braylon? Because nobody else wanted him. What? You think Braylon was knocking down the door to play for a 49er team that was in complete and utter disarray? Of course not. The offer he got from the 49ers? A one year deal? It's the only offer he got. Why? Because he's got a tude, dude. He's a cancer -- or at least he was at previous stops.

That's the thing about cancers. They can be cut out and replaced. Braylon may have finally learned this. I hope he has. But Desean "I jog on pass routes" hasn't.

I will agree that there will be a line of free agents at our doorstep over the offseason. All will be clammoring to come here. But Harbaugh and Baalke are two of the smartest captains I've seen piloting Good Ship 49er for quite some time. They're not going to take on head cases, rejects, me first players or any of that crap. They would rather pick up on a Denarius Moore, who keeps his mouth shut and keeps making big catch after big catch.
First we need to lock up the guys we want to keep before going after others.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
Who knows, maybe with the way Desean Jackson is playing now, he'll lower his market value when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season. I think he would be a perfect pick up for the team. Put him opposite Michael Crabtree in base sets, and move him to the slot in 3 or 4 WR sets. Ginn could walk out the door and not be missed, and the 49ers would have someone just as fast, but who actually catches the ball when it hits him in the hands.

Grabbing Jackson would also correct McCloughan's mistake of passing him over in the draft. Besides, DJ is a California native, and went to Cal, so that might intrigue him to come back this way, not to mention what Harbaugh's doing with this team. The Eagles are falling now, so that seems like the perfect time for DJ to bail and come to the 49ers.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC

I like the idea, but do you think DeSean fits the mold of a Harbaugh player?
He's a good football player when he wants to play, but if he doesn't get his way he seems to be a pouter.....

I know DeSean can be a headache, but I believe Harbaugh can turn him around. Besides, when you play for a winner, everything is good. I wouldn't want the 49ers to over pay for him or get into a bidding war with another team. I just think he can bring a lot of potentcy to this offense. I don't see Braylon Edwards getting re-signed and we need another good WR. Ginn is a one-dimensional player; all he does is return kicks, and can't catch the ball very well. There certainly will be other options available when free agency kicks off. Jackson isn't the "end-all, be-all" when it comes to WRs.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC
lock up our own first, but it'll be easier attracting new faces for sure.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM ]
Nnamdi is a waste of money.

Most conceited Superstars get paid and just lag off.
I think the player feeling the worst right now is TKO....sorry to say he will never get to the post season.....Im kinda in between, I feel bad for him cause I like him as a player, but if we had kept him.....no Bowman to watch on Sunday....but Ill take Patrick Willis clone instead.....maybe TKO can come back and play special teams or or something....
I was the biggest fanboy for DJax when he was in Cal. I screamed at the top of my lungs for the Niners to pick him up in the draft. I cursed violently when he turned out even better than I imagine the last 2 years with the Eagles. I'm incredibly happy that he is sucking it up now so hopefully he'll leave Philly and the Niners can pick him up, cuz the dude can flat out play. You know Harbaugh could build the entire passing offense around him and it would be EPIC!!!
Matt Hasselbeck must be regretting going to Tennessee, he would've had it made in SF.
We probably wont add a big name, we actually wont have a bunch of cap space.

As of now I have us roughly at 35M under, and thats with the projected 120M cap(Yes 120M, NFL.com had an article, saying it will likley stay the same).

The whole we will keep Alex, Morgan, Brooks, Rogers, Goldson thing really isnt likely. You have to figure at least 5M will go to draft picks, another 3-5M for emergencies during 2012 season. So thats about 25M left.

If we could, sign Rogers before start of new league year, use some of the 13M left this year on him.

We like said wont keep everyone who is a bigger FA.

That means, Alex, Goldson, Rogers, Brooks, Snyder, 3 is likely realistic, Goldson is most likely to bolt.

Then We still need room to re-sign Morgan, Costanzo, Spillman, Grant, etc.....

Dont get hopes up, we wont make a splash, and shouldnt, we dont need high profile new guys coming in, so no DeSean, no Bowe, besides they get franchised anyway,.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We probably wont add a big name, we actually wont have a bunch of cap space.

As of now I have us roughly at 35M under, and thats with the projected 120M cap(Yes 120M, NFL.com had an article, saying it will likley stay the same).

The whole we will keep Alex, Morgan, Brooks, Rogers, Goldson thing really isnt likely. You have to figure at least 5M will go to draft picks, another 3-5M for emergencies during 2012 season. So thats about 25M left.

If we could, sign Rogers before start of new league year, use some of the 13M left this year on him.

We like said wont keep everyone who is a bigger FA.

That means, Alex, Goldson, Rogers, Brooks, Snyder, 3 is likely realistic, Goldson is most likely to bolt.

Then We still need room to re-sign Morgan, Costanzo, Spillman, Grant, etc.....

Dont get hopes up, we wont make a splash, and shouldnt, we dont need high profile new guys coming in, so no DeSean, no Bowe, besides they get franchised anyway,.

tweet Schefter