LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers Offense - One Thing Clear.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Yeah the formula is pressure the QB. Damn what a thought.

lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well if the refs got the T. Brown INT call correct, momentum might have changed.
The season is over. We'll never win another game.
the only stat that matters is they had 2 days to prepare for this game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well if the refs got the T. Brown INT call correct, momentum might have changed.

Brown hooked the receivers arm....they'll call that way before a receiver grabbing a bit before the ball gets there.

Brown is still the weak link on our secondary. This is a general statement, but just because teams don't go after him every play doesn't mean he is playing well. All of that doesn't matter if teams go after him on key 3rd downs for a conversation.

I still don't understand why they are giving Spencer the cold shoulder. Sure we were winning, but if Brown is the one who is always getting beat compared to our other cbs, then why not make a change on that position.

I personally just feel they know they are not going to bring back Spencer next year, and want to see if Brown and the rest are the answer.....so why give Spencer any playing time? IMO he would be doing a better job than Brown if he is out there.... I mean how often have we seen him get beat deep or PI in those types of situations. This is all if Spencer is healthy now, which I believe he is.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Brown hooked the receivers arm....they'll call that way before a receiver grabbing a bit before the ball gets there.

Brown is still the weak link on our secondary. This is a general statement, but just because teams don't go after him every play doesn't mean he is playing well. All of that doesn't matter if teams go after him on key 3rd downs for a conversation.

I still don't understand why they are giving Spencer the cold shoulder. Sure we were winning, but if Brown is the one who is always getting beat compared to our other cbs, then why not make a change on that position.

I personally just feel they know they are not going to bring back Spencer next year, and want to see if Brown and the rest are the answer.....so why give Spencer any playing time? IMO he would be doing a better job than Brown if he is out there.... I mean how often have we seen him get beat deep or PI in those types of situations. This is all if Spencer is healthy now, which I believe he is.
we're not in team HQ, so there might be something more there. Norris is an obvious reason why he's been inactive before Miller got hurt.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
The season is over. We'll never win another game.

so you think every team we face from here on out will play mistake free?

because IMO, we should win every game if we cause a couple of turnovers and get ourselves in good field position.

but seriously, I'm just worried that teams will wait to catch T. Brown one on one with a WR going deep and keep passing it that way.

I remember back in 1999, when the Rams first found out what would happen if they threw it deep...either a completed TD or PI...then for the rest of the year bombs away.

not saying the rest of the secondary is remotely close to what we had back then, but it is just a horrible look if Terrell Brown is the one cb who is getting beat underneath or deep more often than not, compared to our other defenders...I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams or any other team try what the Ravens did when it is a close game and a big play is needed.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
ok the title might have been alittle over dramatic...but
The 49ers team you saw last night was the same you saw for most of the season. It was just that the Ravens played mistake free football and converted 3rd downs when it counted.

look at these stats...

we were...
2/12 16% on 3rd down conversions against the Ravens

8/21 38% on 3rd down conversions against the Cards

3/11 27% against the Giants

3/12 25% against the Redskins

6/15 40% against the Browns

2/14 14% against the Lions

etc...

the point is we have been bad at converting 3rd down conversions all year. It just helped us that most of the teams we played made mistakes to get us good field position or just get the ball back for our offense to get another chance to score something. Sure we caused those mistakes as well, but we have also had the luxury of offenses making bonehead plays to help us out.

last night, the Ravens played mistake free football and relied on their offense converting key 1st downs when it counted.

with the type of offense we run and the decisions our QB goes for....if we play another team again that plays mistake free football, we will HAVE to improve our 3rd down conversion percentages drastically or we will lose. And more importantly be one and done in the playoffs.

I've said this before, but some wonder why folks make a big deal about Alex not having alot of yards per game......By Alex converting these 3rd downs, he is extending drives which also adds to his yardage total...which show up at the end in the box score. I'd personally be fine with 250-300 yards a game, as long as we convert 1st downs with those yards and score.

I don't remember alot of plays where our RBs were stuffed on 3rd downs.....but do remember more on missed passes and drops....or passes completed short of the first down. So it is not all on Alex. But he has a part along with our receivers. I think we have seen the ceiling for this offensive approach.....we should be able to beat most teams with it. But I don't know if we can beat a talented disciplined team unless our offense converts 3rd downs much more often.

A little over half a season together and you claim we've reached our ceiling? Really?
We have never been real good at 3rd down conversion. And the offense has some real concerns.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
yeah, here is the formula for beating the niners:

1. have the baltimore ravens defense
2. make sure sorry ass chilo rachal plays and compromises our whole line
3. ??
4. profit

1 and especially 2 is mostly it...

9 sacks seems like a formula to beat any team
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think the answer should be yes. Have Chilo Inactive, that would send a message.

At this point, I'd rather have Shawntae Spencer playing guard over Chilo. The sad part is I am completely not being sarcastic.

Switch dobbs to o-line for all I care. Lol.
One thing I noticed last night was his inability to cut. His slips when he cut may have been a result of the knee injury. I noticed how much quicker hunter was last night than gore. He seemed to get through the hole faster than gore. I think Gore needs to heal that knee. In the playoffs it may hurt us if he's not 100 percent. 5 games is a lot left.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
oh my LAWD
Share 49ersWebzone