Originally posted by Young2Rice:
1. But Rachael is a vet and should have been able to step in and play decent. He had the s**ttiest game by an O-line men i've ever seen. It also threw off the chemistry of the whole line, especially that right side. It was a mess. Maybe we can put Iupati on the other side and Rachael with Staley. I don't know if there is another choice besides letting the rookie Kilgore get his feet wet. Might as well right? We have the division and a playoff slot on lock, might as well get some guys playing time,
2. We got some pressure yesterday ever with rushing only four or five. They only put up 16 which is a success for us. This is the NFL and good teams like the Ravens are going to get yardage. We shut em down where it counted, the red zone. Their sole TD Whitner was in position to make a pick but played way too deep. Plus, the D was on the field forever and got a terrible PI call on the Brown INT.
3. Norris played decent
4. OLB's are still good bro. They played well. We didn't allow many yards or points.
Our offense blew this game big time. OLine was s**tty, WRs dropped passes, and Smith missed some throws.
3. Norris missed a few blocks and looked much slower than miller, it seemed to slow Frank down, and the lack of a pass catcher at FB took plays of the table and left Alex with one less check down against an terrific pass rush.
4. The Raven were by formation able to draw Brooks into pass coverage on Boldin, it was not until we rolled a safety over and doubled him that we were able to handle him. Not sure if it was personnel, or great coaching by the Ravins, but they seemed to get that coverage when they wanted it. I know there is no OLB in the world who can run with a WR, but you need to be able to take the first 5-7 yards away from a WR before passing him off.
By the way, our defense was not the problem in my mind last night, I would hang this loss on Norris and Rachel, and a little on JH's conservative offensive scheme. Yeah, you're right on 1,2 we just need more consistent pressure, fresh legs, and depth at D-line will help.