LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Couple of thoughts...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm very encouraged. If anything the game last night showed us the true weakness of the team. Simply put we need a quality RG in either free agency or the draft. It's getting to a point where we are only a handful of players away from going DEEP into the playoffs. I read a stat that the Niners have the highest percentage of players which we drafted on the team. Guess the downside of that is no free agents have been coming to SF. All of this will change with Jimmy Harbaugh at the helm.

You wait and see, players will line up to play for this guy. Am I encouraged? Most definitely!!!

Encouraged for the future sure. Encouraged that we could beat the pack? Nope. 1 and done I guess is better than not making the playoffs this year at all considering that this team is basically the same as last year's personnel-wise and learning a whole new system with a rookie coach in a short offseason is tough.
[ Edited by mike on Nov 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
I am encouraged too. I predicted the Niners would lose last night...based on the fact that Baltimore simply needed that win a lot more than we did. We are going to the playoffs and I think we can hang with anybody(except for Green Bay)

Whats not to be encouraged about??

OOOhhh i get it now. Jim let John win cause John needed it more
Encouraged. One of the top tier teams was held to one touchdown and never came close to blowing us out like so many times in the past 6 years.

Encouraged because we only had one full day of practice, injuries and still hung in most of the game.

Very encouraged because it showed us where we need to improve to get to the next level. One is sending Chilio to the Rams.

9-2 is also very encouraging!
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm very encouraged. If anything the game last night showed us the true weakness of the team. Simply put we need a quality RG in either free agency or the draft. It's getting to a point where we are only a handful of players away from going DEEP into the playoffs. I read a stat that the Niners have the highest percentage of players which we drafted on the team. Guess the downside of that is no free agents have been coming to SF. All of this will change with Jimmy Harbaugh at the helm.

You wait and see, players will line up to play for this guy. Am I encouraged? Most definitely!!!

Encouraged for the future sure. Encouraged that we could beat the pack? Nope. 1 and done I guess is better than not making the playoffs this year at all considering that this team is basically the same as last year's personnel-wise and learning a whole new system with a rookie coach in a short offseason is tough.

And at the end of the day, that's still one helluva turnaround!
no rushing touchdown still in effect and we are first team in history to not allow a rushing td through 11 games! and 100 yarder still in effect too
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Man I hope we get Bruce Miller back, even Adam Snyder. And can we please activate Brett Swain, and yes better to lose now than in the playoffs.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
We were underprepared for this game......especially the offense. Had we had the full week to prepare....I think the outcome could have been different. I mean on the 49ers postgame, they said they probably only had one practice and a walk-through prior to flying out for the game. The home team is at the advantage there because they don't have to go anywhere. This was a game where they were given the raw deal....as Harbaugh said.

Nonetheless....it was a loss and we should all keep our head up high. 9-2 is still the 2nd best record in the league and you can be sure with no short weeks the rest of the season, Harbaugh will make sure the team don't play like this again....especially against the Steelers in SF.

Harbaugh probably had a feeling this was going to be a very difficult game, I'm sure the whole staff new it and the players. You could hear it in his voice during the press conferences prior to the game....he didn't even stay to celebrate Thanksgiving with the fam, instead flew back with the team. From the AZ game then about 92 hours later to play the Ravens......trying to game plan, practice, and get healed....would be pretty hard to do. I wouldn't have been suprised if the team was still tired. I'm impressed thought that we stayed in the game up until the 4th quarter. Shows that the Niners play tough, but just couldn't get it done at the end.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Baldie:
We were underprepared for this game......especially the offense. Had we had the full week to prepare....I think the outcome could have been different. I mean on the 49ers postgame, they said they probably only had one practice and a walk-through prior to flying out for the game. The home team is at the advantage there because they don't have to go anywhere. This was a game where they were given the raw deal....as Harbaugh said.

Nonetheless....it was a loss and we should all keep our head up high. 9-2 is still the 2nd best record in the league and you can be sure with no short weeks the rest of the season, Harbaugh will make sure the team don't play like this again....especially against the Steelers in SF.

Harbaugh probably had a feeling this was going to be a very difficult game, I'm sure the whole staff new it and the players. You could hear it in his voice during the press conferences prior to the game....he didn't even stay to celebrate Thanksgiving with the fam, instead flew back with the team. From the AZ game then about 92 hours later to play the Ravens......trying to game plan, practice, and get healed....would be pretty hard to do.

As my co-worker said, Seattle was the division champs last year, why do they get to play the Ravens at home. San Francisco has had the hardest schedule out of all the NFC West teams, and check us out at 9-2!!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
As my co-worker said, Seattle was the division champs last year, why do they get to play the Ravens at home. San Francisco has had the hardest schedule out of all the NFC West teams, and check us out at 9-2!!!!

Amen!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Man I hope we get Bruce Miller back, even Adam Snyder. And can we please activate Brett Swain, and yes better to lose now than in the playoffs.

I heard Adam pulled his hammy, should be ready for the Rams, and Miller is almost a lock to return (within the allowed time of concussion spent since last Sunday). -It seemed like the moment s**t went down hill last night, Harbaugh pulled a lot of guys still injured from the Cards game to be healthy for the Rams next week.

A lot of people didn't even notice how Madeu Williams took more snaps than Witner last night. -Harbaugh seriously put the team in front of his emotions last night; did not want to hurt his guys for the more important game next week. A f**kING DIVISION GAME!

-Yes, people can laugh, but the importance of the Rams game (CONFERENCE/DIVISION OPPONENT) outweighs any thing that this piece of s**t game meant.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM ]

Originally posted by Five4Five:
Yes. We still very much had a chance to win that game deep into the 4th quarter. Hell, we could have been leading. That's against a good opponent, on the road, in a playoff atmosphere, on the east coast, on three days rest.

Tired of seeing all of the overreactions. "Team isn't ready for primetime." "Team sucks, Alex sucks." We're going to finish 12-4 or better and get a first-round bye.

This
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I am, to an extent. This is not easy preparing for a scaryyy defensive team on a super short week. We won't be seeing a defense like that until the Super Bowl, if they make it. And we pretty much put the clamps on an above average offense.

That's kind of the stance I am taking after that game. It still hurts a lot, but there are also grains of hope as well. Despite the constant pressure we hung in there almost unitl the end. In the past we would have folded under these condidtions. I hate if's, but had the Ginn TD stood and the comunication been where it needed to be between Alex and Braydon on the int, we would have won that game 17-16. We are not that far behind the Ravens. I really think if we played them again we could beat them.
Ravens lost to ten, sea and jax. Stop acting like we've been losing all of our hard games. The giants, the eagles, the lions. We have rose to the occasion many times this season, Alex has even willed this team to victory in the lions and eagles games. Were 9-2 the only team has it better than us is GB. Nobody here expected us to be world beaters, but we have a shot at a playoff run and once in, Anything can happen.

Im happy were doing this well, i will doll out criticism when need be, Alex has tons of work still to do, and in year 5(real years) he should be further along but we have been winning. WR's REALLY need to step up(other than crabtree) and O=Line just needs to bounce back, they've been good since week 2.

Nobody should feel doom and gloom, the refs took a TD away from us, i cant believe i haven't heard more about that. Clearly not a chop block. Give us that Ginn TD and we may not be on the losing end. But BAL did play their hearts out and harass our line. Just more work to do. Stop tripping to those that are.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This game probably killed Jim. It's gonna piss him off losing to his brother on a national stage like that. I feel sorry for opposing teams from here on out :)

How's the Rams for a get well game?
Originally posted by mike:
Edwards is bad. Wtf was he thinking on that deep route? He just lets the guy take the inside route on him and then he doesn't try to at least jump for it or anything? Is his knee STILL bugging him? Unless his play dramatically improves I'll look forward to not signing him this offseason and either drafting another WR somewhat high(depending on who's there), or hopefully finding a decent FA. Lots of big names being thrown out there this upcoming offseason from bowe to vincent jackson(already lives in california so maybe there's a chance?).

U do know this is his First season wit da team & we had no offeason cause of da lockout rite. Lack of chemistry could explain why he wanted smith to hit'em on the outside corner & smith went inside for da ez pick. My memory is kinda bad but before he got hurt & he was using his size to his advantage nobody was complaining. He has talent to be a no.1, has size & some speed. He deserve da rest of this year & a full offseason & next season. If next year he's still f'n up then ok he needs to go. Dats jus me doe.
Share 49ersWebzone