There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playoff atmosphere in Nov....i love it!!!

Originally posted by oldman9er:
About sums it up... Flacco had all day... Smith heavily harassed all day... we lost on the road with 3 days to plan... shocker.

Well said, Oldman.
Something isn't right with Edwards. He doesn't seem to be fighting for the ball when it's in the air.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
He obviously hasn't recovered from his injury

Does not look like it. I would rather have Kyle Williams out there.

Boy, we really miss Josh Morgan
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
He obviously hasn't recovered from his injury

Does not look like it. I would rather have Kyle Williams out there.

Boy, we really miss Josh Morgan

This!! You can add in Bruce Miller as well.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Not sure if he is 100% healthy but can't wait for the draft... need a WR, RG and a CB... doubt Edwards wants to be back and I wouldn't over pay him

Exactly. Good time to draft both positions and Braylon is still playing hurt. He has no explosion at all. But its what they have to work with so let's hope he gets healthier.
Originally posted by Sman:
the pick wasn't his fault at all.....just seems that everythim the ball is thrown to him it's thrown way to high or to hard (even when he's 3 yards away.) Typical alex.....

the pick was his fault Alex threw it up for his 6'3 WR to make a play on it, if Edwards thought it couldn't be caught then you make a defensive play on the ball!
Originally posted by backontop:
Something isn't right with Edwards. He doesn't seem to be fighting for the ball when it's in the air.

Reminds me of Antonio Bryant. Big, strong guy but does not use his strength to win the ball.

Earlier today we saw Greg Jennings and James Jones win jump ball contests for some big gains. Edwards MUST be that guy if SF is going to go deep in the playoffs.
We need to draft a WR high in the draft.

Ginn shouldn't be seeing the field.
Edwards shouldn't be either.
Morgan is a FA and will be coming of IR.
Williams has only had one good game and that was against the Cardinals.
ehh I thought that ball was hella thrown low taking away Brays height advan. But yea he is lookin kinda lost right now.
Originally posted by backontop:

completely agree with this. for a big receiver he just seems to be putting up NO fight for the ball. isn't that supposed to be his strong point?!?!? the intercepted ball was dreadfully underthrown, but at the same time he got completely sealed off by a much smaller CB to not even be able to help knock the ball down. pretty inexcusable
He is playing very slow. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say its because of the injury. But his hands haven't been great either. He relly needs to step up his game. He is capable of SO much more.
Originally posted by dj43:
Reminds me of Antonio Bryant. Big, strong guy but does not use his strength to win the ball.

Earlier today we saw Greg Jennings and James Jones win jump ball contests for some big gains. Edwards MUST be that guy if SF is going to go deep in the playoffs.

Don't know why the coachs are not seeing this as well?

I have to think he's only at 80% or so otherwise there is no excuse for his play the last 2 games.

I don't expect a wr to make that catch at the end of the half but with that height advantage, our guy has to at least not let the shorter db make a pick. Other starting qb's make this throw all the time and its usually to the wr's advantage, even without a big height difference.

Our wr's gotta start making these tough plays or we are gonna see the box stuffed once again.
Hope Braylon sits the next game
Originally posted by rk1642:

I have to think he's only at 80% or so otherwise there is no excuse for his play the last 2 games.

I don't expect a wr to make that catch at the end of the half but with that height advantage, our guy has to at least not let the shorter db make a pick. Other starting qb's make this throw all the time and its usually to the wr's advantage, even without a big height difference.

Our wr's gotta start making these tough plays or we are gonna see the box stuffed once again.
R U guys serious. ARODGE was putting balls in the sweet spot today. LOL
Originally posted by rk1642:

My only thought is the coaches hope he will break out and make a play on a ball like that. He HAS done it in the past.