LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Playoff atmosphere in Nov....i love it!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No, this isn't about the INT at the end of the half. And I'm not saying Edwards was the goat of the game. We were outplayed, thoroughly, on both sides of the ball - it was a team defeat. This isn't about any single play.

That being said...

Going forward, Edwards need to be on the bench. Right now he's a liability at wideout - he is subtracting from our offense while he's out there. I watched him pretty closely throughout the game - he didn't win a single route. Balt was content to single him up all game and completely shut him down easily, often with their second or third corner. It's one of the reasons their blitz was so effective.

For whatever reason, Edwards right now is unequivocally not a starting caliber WR. Our offensive coaches need to stop admiring the 2007 stat sheet and acknowledge the obvious.
I can not disagree with that
He obviously hasn't recovered from his injury
  • Sman
the pick wasn't his fault at all.....just seems that everythim the ball is thrown to him it's thrown way to high or to hard (even when he's 3 yards away.) Typical alex.....
Not sure if he is 100% healthy but can't wait for the draft... need a WR, RG and a CB... doubt Edwards wants to be back and I wouldn't over pay him
can you live w/ nine sacks... alex was f***n shaking before the ball was snapped.. and where is the slant
Luckily I didn't get that Edwards jersey.
I don't get why we never blitz. Flacco looked like tom brady standing back there and picking the secondary apart!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Not sure if he is 100% healthy but can't wait for the draft... need a WR, RG and a CB... doubt Edwards wants to be back and I wouldn't over pay him

You my friend are spot on but we should get 2 WR and another pure pas rusher since we don't blitz. If a RT of note is available I would certainly take him a well.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/11/24/braylon-edwards-a-liability/

Kevin Lynch agrees

HE'S DONE NOTHING FOR THIS TEAM SINCE DAY ONE!
About sums it up... Flacco had all day... Smith heavily harassed all day... we lost on the road with 3 days to plan... shocker.
You know what: We're still number one in my eyes. We played a hard Baltimore Ravens defense that has been sharped up for like 14 years! This loss should opened up the 49er fans eyes that we have improved because we'll usually get BLOWED OUT by a team if you've been watching it from the past! I'm not tripping on the lost, but it's frustrating when the o-line doesn't protect Alex Smith. I hope there's no hate bash thread on Smith because he played absolutely great today. Green Bay hasn't played a top 5 defensive team so they need to quit the noise that they're making. 49ers proved their point already and it only sharpens us up to play our divisional rivals and Steelers! We are SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS. FANS, DONT WORRY, KEEP PUTTING YOUR TRUST IN GOD AND HARBAUGH!
[ Edited by Red_Gold18 on Nov 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM ]
I'm disappointed in Edwards, but not willing to give up on him just yet. We definitely should put in Kyle Williams more.
Originally posted by Red_Gold18:
You know what: We're still number one in my eyes. We played a hard Baltimore Ravens defense that has been sharped up for like 14 years! This loss should opened up the 49er fans eyes that we have improved because we'll usually get BLOWED OUT by a team if you've been watching it from the past! I'm not tripping on the lost, but it's frustrating when the o-line doesn't protect Alex Smith. I hope there's no hate bash thread on Smith because he played absolutely great today. Green Bay hasn't played a top 5 defensive team so they need to quit the noise that they're making. 49ers proved their point already and it only sharpens us up to play our divisional rivals and Steelers! We are SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS. FANS, DONT WORRY, KEEP PUTTING YOUR TRUST IN GOD AND HARBAUGH!

i wouldn't say smith played great. he missed the deep ball to edwards at the end of the half and it was an INT instead. otherwise we go into the half tied and the field goal to start the second half puts us ahead. he had a couple other not great throws but it really wasn't anything that can be considered bad. I'd say smith gets an incomplete grade for this game as he had no chance/time to do anything. the pass protection was just atrocious today. they were only rushing four guys most of the time too. and then they couldnt' even get the run game going to relieve some pressure off the passing game as well. oline just lost big time today, period.
Share 49ersWebzone