LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

forty niners first offensive play vs ravens

Shop Find 49ers gear online
bubble screen to crabtree, see if he break off a run like he did vs cards
Play Action Pass to Ginn. 80 Yard TD

Alex will then look over to the Ravens sideline at Joe Flacco and say GAME ON UNIBROW
[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
They will likely either run or pass.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
80 yard bomb to Moran Norris.
Originally posted by susweel:
80 yard bomb to Moran Norris.

Thrown by Sopoaga.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Play Action Pass to Ginn. 80 Yard TD

Alex will then look over to the Ravens sideline at Joe Flacco and say GAME ON UNIBROW

We always pass on the first play.
John Harbaugh is smart so he will play vs the pass
Jim is smarter and will run a counter to Gore. 48 yard run
Originally posted by hofer36:

You, know, about those quick screens we run... When we do them they are often designed for Crabtree or one of our not-so-fast/nifty Receivers but they rarely seem to work. They almost function as an alternative for a short up the gut run, but if we gave it to Ginn or Kyle, then maybe we'd be able to use screens more often for 3rd and short if we don't wanna run/throw a medium pass.

But it seems like we do get too cute at times and I remember one drive coming to a halt that lead to a FG when we were building momentum. I think our drive stopped at the 20 or so and the reason we got stopped was seemingly because we were trying to pass every down (which I actually like), but looking at it now, running the ball might've gotten us a TD especially when I recall Hunter being extremely talented within the Redzone. He typically breaks those 15-20 yard runs and who knows what would've happened had we ran it once...

One last thing, do you guys think that we get too cute with our playcalling every now and then?

I mean, IMO I like the creativity and it gives us a great boost, and with an intelligent head-honcho, I don't think he'll get too comfortable to the point where we just start jacking up Hail Mary's all game...
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Jim is smarter and will run a counter to Gore. 49 yard run

There ya go
A pass to Crabtree in middle of the field pick up of 20.

Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by hofer36:

You, know, about those quick screens we run... When we do them they are often designed for Crabtree or one of our not-so-fast/nifty Receivers but they rarely seem to work. They almost function as an alternative for a short up the gut run, but if we gave it to Ginn or Kyle, then maybe we'd be able to use screens more often for 3rd and short if we don't wanna run/throw a medium pass.

But it seems like we do get too cute at times and I remember one drive coming to a halt that lead to a FG when we were building momentum. I think our drive stopped at the 20 or so and the reason we got stopped was seemingly because we were trying to pass every down (which I actually like), but looking at it now, running the ball might've gotten us a TD especially when I recall Hunter being extremely talented within the Redzone. He typically breaks those 15-20 yard runs and who knows what would've happened had we ran it once...

One last thing, do you guys think that we get too cute with our playcalling every now and then?

I mean, IMO I like the creativity and it gives us a great boost, and with an intelligent head-honcho, I don't think he'll get too comfortable to the point where we just start jacking up Hail Mary's all game...

That pass to Crabtree was not a bubble screen. Screens have blockers pulling out to provide blocks. The pass to Crabtree was a smoke route, which is usually an automatic check against certain coverages. No blockers are pulling; they wouldn't have time to anyways, as it's a one-step throw.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Jim is smarter and will run a counter to Gore. 49 yard run

There ya go

a 60 yd field goal by David Akers

Really though, it will be a play action play to Vernon Davis for four yards but Joe Staley is going to flagged for holding.
lets just hope its a better executed play than the 1st one of the detroit game
Alex Pressured by Suggs...Pass inteded as a checkdown to Gore Batted Down by Ngata...
Share 49ersWebzone