There are 201 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gameplan for a potential NFC Championship game against GB

Originally posted by wailers15:
Right now I don't think anyone can beat GB in January in the tundra. But we have the defense, but still suspect cb's. It will be fun but they have the best QB in fb & they've been there before

T.O.P We keep the ball out of his hands. Only way to beat the Packers IMO.
Lol the saints can't play outdoor fb come january? Dude they sure did in their way to their SB. If I'm right they beat Chicago.

they played two games at home and then the SB in Florida.
Similar to how the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl ... disrupt their timing and pressure the QB into making bad decisions.
Which is why I'm really hoping we lock down that 2nd seed (and from there, 'anything' can happen); a lot of younger fans might not remember (or know), but Candlestick is a f**king brutal place to play at in January (many got a preview of it in the Cards game). -The grass is horrible, the rain & fog shuts down any high-powered passing game (unless you know how to play in it like we used to), and the crowd noise shatters eardrums.
Originally posted by 49erDynasty:
Tampa Bay probably demonstrated that this Green Bay team is susceptible. There might be another team out there, which can defeat them with the right game plan. Although there is no certainty that the opponent in the NFC championship game would be GB, Blount's touchdown against the Packers was an eye opener. A defense that allows no big plays and creates turnovers and an offense that utilizes the power running game could be best suited to upstage the Packers, it seems. Tampa played them close but possibly underutilized Blount. Also, the Packers may not have devoted enough attention to their running game and if their passing game falters, they could find it difficult. In '92 Steve Young was having an MVP year, having won the passing title, while leading a high octane passing offense but the Cowboys managed to slow them down at muddy Candlestick and exploit the defense by unleashing a unique power running game. Packers appear to veer towards becoming mostly pass oriented and that could lead to interceptions in postseason weather.

Good point. They could have easily lost to Philly and Chicago in the playoffs last year and their big, impressive win vs. Atlanta was in a dome.
ground and pound with gore and dixon and then slash em with hunter. alex and the offense are very efficient and can control T.O.P. extremely well. our defense will hurt them just like theyve hurt everyone this year. probably the hardest hitting team in the league and we can bring that all game long until they get tired of getting hit. we can get pressure without blitzing which is huge, they dont run too much anyway but we can make their RBs completely disappear, our DBs are playing better every week, our special teams is way better. i think we are built to beat them, we are built for the playoffs. outside of their passing attack theyre an average to below average team. we can force them to make mistakes. both at candlestick or lambeau field i think we can make them play our game, and they will lose
WIN
Control the ball.
Make the most out of our red zone trips.
Pressure Rodgers without blitzing.

Do this = win. They aren't a super team. They have an unbelievable passing attack that hasn't been tested and their defense is good but not great. They've had multiple teams drop 25+ points on them and a couple drop 30+. And it was NOT in garbage time. So they CAN be beat. Teams just can't seem to "close the deal" with the Packers. I feel like we can...IF..we're on point.
Gameplan GB????

I have an idea. Niners fans can watch GB play, post it on the forums, and then if it ever comes down to play them, Jim Harbaugh will completely disregard the forums, look at real film, and figure it out.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Gameplan GB????

I have an idea. Niners fans can watch GB play, post it on the forums, and then if it ever comes down to play them, Jim Harbaugh will completely disregard the forums, look at real film, and figure it out.

Lol, I wasn't exactly trying to imply Harbaugh should base his gameplan off of this thread. Doesn't mean fans can't come up with their own ideas of how we should play them.
Lol the saints can't play outdoor fb come january? Dude they sure did in their way to their SB. If I'm right they beat Chicago.

You are mistaken good sir. They beat AZ and MIN in their dome on their way to the big dance...and lost outdoors last year to the atrocious Seahawks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Clinch division first.
~ Work on playoff seed next.
~ Try to win first playoff game vs. whoever.

This year is fun but we are getting grandiose and ahead of ourselves. Stay humble and keep working...

I want the players to do that. But why do the fans need to do that? We can be as cocky as we want.
Sign Rocky Bernard for 1 game. Have him run through line unblocked on a blitz up the middle. Land with all 340 lbs. right on Aaron Rodgers shoulder.

Super Bowl....
  • Envy
  • Veteran
1. Roll back 30 years and play the true Walsh offense. Dink and dunk and chew on the clock.
2. Activate Steve Young
Originally posted by andes14:
IMO, we really shouldn't play Sope/Haralson and just go nickel vitually all game...d-line of Brooks, RayMac, J. Smith, and A. Smith with Bowman and Willis at 'backer and Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Goldson, and Whitner (or maybe even R. Smith sometimes, esp. on 3rd downs). We will still be able to shut down their run game. As for the pass - Carlos Rogers would be matched up in the slot vs. either James Jones or Donald Driver and should be able to lock them down without help. I like Culliver playing press on Jennings with Whitner over the top and Brown playing press on Nelson with Goldson over the top (This will also enable CC/TB to be able to undercut routes/be aggressive/gamble at times since there will be safety help on each side of the field. Should be able to intercept a pass or 2 this way). Willis will do his thing on Finley and Bowman can kinda be the wild card, either guarding a zone, covering a back, or blitzing. With that nickel d-line being composed of arguably the best quartet of pass rushers of any team in the NFL PLUS GB having a very mediocre o-line, Aaron Rodgers WILL be under heat. We DO have the matchups in the back end to hold up. And we can still probably afford to allow at least 2 TD's in the air because I think our offense should absolutely be able to score 20+ points on their D. Man that should be a
helluva game.

way to much time on your hands. There may not be a helluva game. Did you ever think that. ANd hear you go writing a book on the subject.