LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Who on the current team will not be on the 2012 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

Might be gone next year:

Ahmad Brooks - he's playing well, no question, but he might command huge dollars. He's not worth huge dollars. Often sells out to go after the QB, isn't exactly a supreme passrushing terror although he's good, he isn't consistent. He's no Aldon Smith. The team has a lot of FA and only so much money to spend so it will be interesting to see where they spend it. Quite possible we are drafting another young guy though. Brooks tends to commit encroachment and offsides penalties quite a bit more often than you would like as well. It's unlikely the team will cut Parys as his contract isn't very big and he's a solid player (if not a particularly good passrusher).

Delanie Walker - at this point it's hard to imagine the team letting him walk, but I'm putting him in this category because I think it's possible some team will watch the film on him this year and salivate trying to copy some of the things we do with our multiple TE sets and the running game. Really good blocker. Dangerous receiver who can run all the routes. Excellent special teams player. If he finishes the year strong and ends up with 800+ yards receiving (possible for sure IMO) and a bunch of TDs and then plays well in the post season he could get pretty damn expensive to sign. We have a lot of money tied up in Vernon. It's hard to say how it will play out exactly, and I think of the guys I have listed here he's the most likely to return.

Ahmad Brooks I believe will be gone because he will want too much money. Aldon will take Brooks place. Haralson is adequate on the other side. Also the team might want to extend Bowman before his contract comes up in 2 yrs.

Goldson will be too expensive.

Delanie Walker is signed through 2012. No need to worry about him for now. But extending him could be a possibility also.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Moran Norris

Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by King49er:
Norris, Ginn, A.Dixon,, Edwards, Shawntae Spencer, and either Brooks or Parys

Losing Ginn, Edwards and Brooks would smack of incompetence. We need all three of them. I cant visualise losing them all.

Ginn can be upgraded in the draft, and so can Edwards. I'd hate to see Brooks go but we have to start getting used to losing fan favorites now that we are good again. the value on our players goes up to other teams and they'll pay more than we will because they've been apart of winning.

If we keep our core, players like the ones mentioned above are easily replaced every year.

I'm willing to put money on it and check back on this thread in the off season.

Come on man. Ted Ginn is probably the second best return man in the League! Finally we are getting great field position, and you say we can upgrade in the draft. I can't take that seriously.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
id get rid of crabtree way before i thought about getting rid of braylon. not to mention josh morgan will be back next year as well. Ginn is also a good reciever and an AMAZING return man so hes not going anywhere. Maybe anthony dixon will be gone because of gore and hunter. call me crazy but i think tolzien wins the 2nd string from kaep and kaep gets traded for someone elses 3rd string qb.
CARLOS ROGERS, he is going to want more $$$ than we will be willing to give a CB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Parys
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
CARLOS ROGERS, he is going to want more $$$ than we will be willing to give a CB.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. I think he knows that Fangio is the guy behind his success. He's pretty much been an underachiever his whole career and one season under Fangio changed everything. If he's smart he'll stay in SF. I he sells out, he'll just end up disappointing another team and probably get cut before he sees out his contract.

From what I've read he seems pretty level-headed and with our lack of talent at CB, I think we'll work out a deal to keep him around for a few more seasons.
Braylon will want big money. He's gone.
Brooks will want big money. He's gone.
Goldson will want big money. He's gone.
Ginn will want too much. I doubt he stays.

We should be able to sign the rest of our players. Hopefully we can extend Bowman and Aldon sooner rather than later.

Oh ya, BTW, Alex Smith will never ever ever never ever ever ever never ever never ever ever never never never ever ever never never never ever ever never ever ever never ever ever never ever never ever ever ever never never never ever ever sign with another team as long as Jim Harbaugh is the head coach of the 49ers.
Come on man. Ted Ginn is probably the second best return man in the League! Finally we are getting great field position, and you say we can upgrade in the draft. I can't take that seriously.

Its true, he's great. Great for our team. But who would you trade him for? Rogers? Bowman? Aldon? Braylon?

It's a numbers game. There is only so much salary cap to go around.
I don't understand how Braylon will have the leverage for big money if he hasn't done big money play this year other than not get arrested.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Publicly, Ahmad Brooks and Carlos Rogers have stated that they want to return to the 49ers. And I see this happening.

If anything, we can easily cut Parys Haralson, and allocate those savings to Brooks's contract. Same with Spencer and Rogers's new contract.

So here's my list:

- Ted Ginn Jr.
- Moran Norris
- Shawntae Spencer
- Madeau Williams
- Reggie Smith
- Parys Haralson
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Its true, he's great. Great for our team. But who would you trade him for? Rogers? Bowman? Aldon? Braylon?

It's a numbers game. There is only so much salary cap to go around.

Aldon? Dude is a rookie. Why is he even in the discussion? Regarding the others my bet is Baalke has already prioritised their signing. The point I was trying to make earlier is we aren't going to lose them all. We are pretty healthy cap-wise if I recall.

Ginn has much of the credit for our performance, thanks to the field position he gives us. Alex is an obvious must. Rogers is a serious need for re-signing as well, because without him the backfield looks weak.

Then the next tranch, in my view, would include Edwards and Brooks. Without Edwards our receiver corps looks weak and you can never have enough pass rushers.

We are bound to lose a couple that we would like to keep, but the team has shown an ability to find and sign quality FA players who are underutilized or under-appreciated elsewhere.
[ Edited by English on Nov 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM ]
folks are talking way too much about money here. yes, we're gonna have to pay a number of our guys if we want to retain them after a season like this one, but the niners have a TON of cap space to work with. the bigger question will be determining who fits into our plans moving forward, not who we can afford.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Publicly, Ahmad Brooks and Carlos Rogers have stated that they want to return to the 49ers. And I see this happening.

If anything, we can easily cut Parys Haralson, and allocate those savings to Brooks's contract. Same with Spencer and Rogers's new contract.

So here's my list:

- Ted Ginn Jr.
- Moran Norris
- Shawntae Spencer
- Madeau Williams
- Reggie Smith
- Parys Haralson
I agree with this. I would like to keep Ginn around, but you know someone will over pay for his services.
Originally posted by oldtimer49er:
folks are talking way too much about money here. yes, we're gonna have to pay a number of our guys if we want to retain them after a season like this one, but the niners have a TON of cap space to work with. the bigger question will be determining who fits into our plans moving forward, not who we can afford.

Yeah i agree with this. Finally we are the ones with the upper hand not players. If they want success they'll stick around and not ask for too much, if they just want money they can go and rinse another team and we'll get someone else in. Its not like its VD, Willis or Gore we're losing. Everyone else is replaceable
Share 49ersWebzone