LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Once upon a time there was a gun slinger

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Every coach will have his QB to be game manager first and foremost. Then as he progresses through and master the offense, he will then hopefully becomes elite. But there are times when the QB's talent or mind set is such that he will throw it all around, good, bad and ugly. The coach ends up giving up trying to change the way his QB plays the game. Essentially saying, 'OK you go out and do your thing. Hopefully it will be more spectacular than bad. I will get the team to compensate for a few WTF plays by you. And have ulcers on the sideline while we are winning.'
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Every coach will have his QB to be game manager first and foremost. Then as he progresses through and master the offense, he will then hopefully becomes elite. But there are times when the QB's talent or mind set is such that he will throw it all around, good, bad and ugly. The coach ends up giving up trying to change the way his QB plays the game. Essentially saying, 'OK you go out and do your thing. Hopefully it will be more spectacular than bad. I will get the team to compensate for a few WTF plays by you. And have ulcers on the sideline while we are winning.'

Ya or be a loser because of it, and fall out of football pretty quickly..There are several that come to mind but I can't remember their names right now, that's probably part of their heritage, no body remembers their name just that they didn't listen to the coach and thought they were gods gift to the NFL..
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Ya or be a loser because of it, and fall out of football pretty quickly..There are several that come to mind but I can't remember their names right now, that's probably part of their heritage, no body remembers their name just that they didn't listen to the coach and thought they were gods gift to the NFL..

Jeff George comes to mind...
And they also learned that Joe Montana was and is the BEST QB to ever play the game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Montana also had a much better team backing him. A better D, O Line, Special teams. The better team won. Miami was a high powered QB, good WR's and not much else.

Not quite true. Miami D was talked about having enough to neutralize the Niner's offense and let Marino do his thing. (Still had some of the "Killer B's" on the team) Of course, I'm recalling this from memory...which I probably shouldn't do, considering I was only 10 years old at the time! But, I just remember that one so well because my brother was a big Dolphins fan. Sweet memories. Anyway, you're right that the Niner's had the better team. It DEFINITELY showed on the field!
[ Edited by cortana49 on Nov 16, 2011 at 10:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone