There are 176 users in the forums

Our passing game will be much better if...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Our passing game will be much better if...

Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
He's top 10 in ypa

Also this is the WCO we don't throw bombs go watch the digit offense if you want that

Alex has only thrown 8 less 20+ yard passes than Aaron Rodgers another WCO qb and we don't have the WR GB does and this is the first year of WCO where Rodgers is in his 6th year

In brett Favre first year in WCO he only had 19 TD and averaged 218 yards a game after getting 32 TD and averaging 260 yards a ga
E

Statistically Alex is having one of the best years as a first year WCO and he didn't even have an offseason

You said Brett Favre was in his first year. Alex Smith is in his 7th! Joe Montana, Steve Young, Aaronn rodgers. WC Qb's who launch the ball deep and connect on those play's. If you are going to argue with me on that. Obviously you have ythe eyes of Ray Charles. Steve Young even said it last week, "let's through the ball deep like we use to back when I played". Um No, we are not a digit system through it deep every play. The west coast offense is based off a short passing attack. But the equivlent of taking 5 major attempts deep down field. Hello! Jerry Rice, T.O. endless highlights and 50yard bomb pass plays. If you disagree with me on this. Well I got know choice but to find a good eye surgeon for you down here in L.A.

Wtf are u talking about?

I said Brett Favre first year in WCO it was his 13 th year

Last week Steve young never said that he said let's throws the ball 40 times a game to see if Alex can win it by himself
Joe Montana has never averaged more than 240 yards a game in a season under BW and rarely threw it for 300+ yards

Also it should be said joe Montana averaged throwing the ball 28 times a game
Alex throws it 27

Yes people do throw deep balls in WCO but that's when it's fully developed asking it to be done in it's first year especially without the offseason is just unrealistic

There is no single qb who had more than 3500 yards in there first season at WCO
The WCO takes more than 1 year to develop

Ask Montana he said before the offseason

You will need patience the offense Williams time to develop
Originally posted by WildBill:
Both need to improve, the WR and Te need to go after the ball like the Packers WRs and TEs do for Rodgers and Alex needs to cut down the amount of times he is overthrowing them on the 15+ yard throws and throw to them in stride more.

Morgan seemed to be developing that repoire with Josh until he got hurt, to bad.

Originally posted by 9erguy:
....we throw the ball.

This, plus our WR need to get their heads out of their asses.
He's top 10 in ypa

Also this is the WCO we don't throw bombs go watch the digit offense if you want that

Alex has only thrown 8 less 20+ yard passes than Aaron Rodgers another WCO qb and we don't have the WR GB does and this is the first year of WCO where Rodgers is in his 6th year

In brett Favre first year in WCO he only had 19 TD and averaged 218 yards a game after getting 32 TD and averaging 260 yards a ga
E

Statistically Alex is having one of the best years as a first year WCO and he didn't even have an offseason

You said Brett Favre was in his first year. Alex Smith is in his 7th! Joe Montana, Steve Young, Aaronn rodgers. WC Qb's who launch the ball deep and connect on those play's. If you are going to argue with me on that. Obviously you have ythe eyes of Ray Charles. Steve Young even said it last week, "let's through the ball deep like we use to back when I played". Um No, we are not a digit system through it deep every play. The west coast offense is based off a short passing attack. But the equivlent of taking 5 major attempts deep down field. Hello! Jerry Rice, T.O. endless highlights and 50yard bomb pass plays. If you disagree with me on this. Well I got know choice but to find a good eye surgeon for you down here in L.A.

Are you joking, those guys got YAC like crazy, we weren't bombing it all the time, in WCO, it will eventually break for a huge touchdown...also, Steve Young wasn't playing in a complete WCO (neither are we).
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
the only thing alex needs to work on right now is his deep throws. those are the only throws i have seen him miss consistently. the wrs are just not making the plays they can and should. dont get me wrong there are other things that have happened throughout the season but the only thing that comes to mind on a recurring basis is missed opportunities down the field.
He seemed to make a lot of those deep throws to Mr. BareAss in 06 with Norv Turner running the offense. Maybe his shoulder is really jacked up.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Get more consistent production from Crabtree/Edwards, if not them, someone else. But Harbaugh's offense is TE-RB centered.
get Kyle Williams more involved
  • dj43
1. Receivers get healthy enough to practice every day.

2. The 49ers need to pass more.

There is nothing in Harbaugh's coaching history to suggest he prefers to throw the ball more than run it.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Where's a lil' of both?
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
He's top 10 in ypa

E

Are you joking, those guys got YAC like crazy, we weren't bombing it all the time, in WCO, it will eventually break for a huge touchdown...also, Steve Young wasn't playing in a complete WCO (neither are we).

Give the kid a break, he obviously didn't see Montana play back in the day, he is just going off of old highlight reels. He doesn't get that it takes more than three months to install a WCO.

Share 49ersWebzone