There are 260 users in the forums

Our passing game will be much better if...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Our passing game will be much better if...

Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Both need to improve, the WR and Te need to go after the ball like the Packers WRs and TEs do for Rodgers and Alex needs to cut down the amount of times he is overthrowing them on the 15+ yard throws and throw to them in stride more.

Morgan seemed to be developing that repoire with Josh until he got hurt, to bad.

My head hurts after reading that.

I weep for our future.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by fly15:
if we can get Jackson from the eagles next season

not going to happen, I doubt he leaves Philly

You are right in that we won't break the bank to get him, that is because we will need to resign a lot of people. However, the eagles didn't redo his contract after getting all those players, so something has to give, and after being suspended the last game, chances are great that he is fed up with the eagles. Biggest fear is that the Rams will pursue him.

The Rams will be in a position to draft a top WR and pay less compared to an inflated contract with Jackson
  • fly15
  • Veteran

You are right in that we won't break the bank to get him, that is because we will need to resign a lot of people. However, the eagles didn't redo his contract after getting all those players, so something has to give, and after being suspended the last game, chances are great that he is fed up with the eagles. Biggest fear is that the Rams will pursue him.

The Rams will be in a position to draft a top WR and pay less compared to an inflated contract with Jackson

well, I just hope Edwards stays

I would bet he does, he hasn't done much so he cant demand a massive contract. He seems to like the team and the coaching staff and the lack of drama. I would bet he gets a 4 year deal but something very team friendly. Right now we are one of the few teams who is damn near Super Bowl ready that wants him....hard to walk away from that.
WR's need to start getting open in the end zone, and we need more passing plays when down there.

Alex's TD/INT ratio in the red zone are off the charts, he's only thrown 1 Int in the red zone in his entire career.

I would bet he does, he hasn't done much so he cant demand a massive contract. He seems to like the team and the coaching staff and the lack of drama. I would bet he gets a 4 year deal but something very team friendly. Right now we are one of the few teams who is damn near Super Bowl ready that wants him....hard to walk away from that.

this is truth
we keep checking down to Gire
Both.

Also, if Ginn stops trying to catch passes with his face... that would be good, too.
I picked the wr option.

It just looks like Edwards and Crabs are still a step slow and I think its due to the injuries they've had. These things take time to get back to 100% and I'd venture that they are still only 80-90% at this point.

Once are guys are back in full form, the timing with Alex and seperation will become that much better.

Plus, I'm guessing the playbook is gonna get expanded as we go, which can only help.

But I'm very happy with what we've done so far this year!

Next year we pick up a speedy deep threat and then we're gonna be unreal on O.
More time in the system together.

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Both.

Also, if Ginn stops trying to catch passes with his face... that would be good, too.

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Both.

Maybe he needs a facemask with a bigger opening so the ball can get stuck when it hits it.
IF our wr's hold onto the ball when it hits them in the hands. (not mentioning any names, just in general)
Alex seems to be on a steady road to improvement. At least in the last game, his accuracy seemed MUCH improved. Assuming he can keep that up, IMHO the key now is the receivers improving -- which will have a great positive feedback affect of increasing Smith's confidence and improving. There will undoubtedly be some bumps along the way, but if they can start feeding off each other, they might have something pretty potent going -- in time for the play-offs? Oh man, that would be awesome.
Both and continued quality pass protection.

Our OLine has really stepped up. We haven't heard ADavis' name being called lately which is a good thing.
Share 49ersWebzone