There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 10: Thoughts after rewatching the Giants game....

Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
I prettty much agree with your analysis of Sunday's game. But my biggest dissagreement is signing C. Rogers to an extension. That guy is screaming red flags. Yes he knows how to catch a couple int's this season. But the dude is getting burnt like toast every game, and this is contract year for him. So you know next year he's going to drop down in gears. He keeps saying it himself. "I want a new contract". Plus he's 30 now. He will be at best just another 2years if even. I say we invest in a db early on in this upcoming draft. With our 1st round pick being #32.

I don't recall him getting burnt all year. Maybe a couple of underneath routes open by some extremely quick receivers, but he has been very discipline in his understanding of the play and routes.
Originally posted by miked1978:
great read. Appreicate the quality post.
Carlos did make a crucial mistake in the Dallas game that led to the loss. I think these are mental errors that can be fixed though. For the most part, he's pretty disciplined.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I don't know how they can say that Carlos was the beneficiary of a bit of luck on his interceptions. On the first INT he read and covered the route perfectly, undercutting Cruz and intercepting the ball cleanly. On the second, yes the receiver didn't run the right route, but Rogers again read it correctly and dove to make the interception. If these Interceptions are lucky then I would be hardpressed to find any interception that is not lucky.

Well the play before the first int, Cruz beat him badly on the same route and dropped a pass in his bread basket. That would have been a 30+ yard gain, instead Cruz runs the exact same route again and this time Rogers undercuts it.

The second play could have went way differently if manning would have held the ball for another .2 seconds, as the receiver stopped his route and was open, Rogers didn't seem to realize it either.

I'd say luck was a factor...
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
I prettty much agree with your analysis of Sunday's game. But my biggest dissagreement is signing C. Rogers to an extension. That guy is screaming red flags. Yes he knows how to catch a couple int's this season. But the dude is getting burnt like toast every game, and this is contract year for him. So you know next year he's going to drop down in gears. He keeps saying it himself. "I want a new contract". Plus he's 30 now. He will be at best just another 2years if even. I say we invest in a db early on in this upcoming draft. With our 1st round pick being #32.

Gonna disagree in a big way on that one. Rogers had some ups and downs this past game, but he has been OUTSTANDING this year. I wish I could find it, but someone had a link that showed the QB Rating against him was second only to Darrele Revis this year.
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I don't know how they can say that Carlos was the beneficiary of a bit of luck on his interceptions. On the first INT he read and covered the route perfectly, undercutting Cruz and intercepting the ball cleanly. On the second, yes the receiver didn't run the right route, but Rogers again read it correctly and dove to make the interception. If these Interceptions are lucky then I would be hardpressed to find any interception that is not lucky.

Well the play before the first int, Cruz beat him badly on the same route and dropped a pass in his bread basket. That would have been a 30+ yard gain, instead Cruz runs the exact same route again and this time Rogers undercuts it.

The second play could have went way differently if manning would have held the ball for another .2 seconds, as the receiver stopped his route and was open, Rogers didn't seem to realize it either.

I'd say luck was a factor...

Luck is a factor on every play in the history of the NFL. Good players guess right. Sometimes they guess wrong and get burnt.

Rogers takes chances and more often then not, he's right.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Luck is a factor on every play in the history of the NFL. Good players guess right. Sometimes they guess wrong and get burnt.

Look I think Rogers is playing well... But I do think that he did get lucky on those ints.
I really want to see more of Kendall Hunter! We should have put him in the game sooner. I swear this kid can do EVERYTHING,
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Look I think Rogers is playing well... But I do think that he did get lucky on those ints.

SOMEONE didn't read the prior post.